Nsw Students Strike! (1 Viewer)

NSW STUDENTS TO STRIKE TOMMOROW!

In response to the industrial action proposed by the NSW teachers federation the NSW federation of students has called for a strike for tomorrow (Tuesday) The head of the students federation claims that students are entitled to the right to strike under the equal conditions and opportunities act (1994) The students federation is calling for students to not attend school on Tuesday and claims that the effectiveness of the strike will be dependent on whether the vast majority of students follow the lead and do not attend school for this day
Many ask the question, on what grounds are the students striking? The answer is provided to us by Mark Allenway a senior member of the students federation who claims the students are striking in order to obtain more respect and recognition by their teachers among other reasons.

The success of the students strike will be reported on Thursday ( the day of the teachers strike)

karnevil

HSC
You're already getting the fucking day off on thursday, don't be greedy

G

Gavvvvvin

Weve got a sports carnival tomorow and wednesday so im not goin to school. This is shaping up to be one easy week :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
bah, i only got two periods anyway!
besides too many days off means i'll become more lazier!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stareathesun
pfft, half my yr 12 has a maths half yearly tomorrow

hahaha, I remember when they tried that last year, and the people who did it got suspended
And get even more days off

Collin

HSC
N/A
One bloody reason why it sucks to be a high school teacher.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind being a high level university lecturer or something. Now those people have status.. not sure about the salary though, I speculate that it's miles better than higher school teachers (hopefully).

.. Considering USYD and other unis will be generating as much as 5 million extra dollars annually by implementing the full HECS raises legislated by the bastardous Howard government.. they better damn should be getting more pay. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)