nursing - hsc leaver - assumed knowledge (1 Viewer)

babidi

HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
^ yup its for DoN

But on uts online, its way different. there seems to be more Q.

but I see what ur saying. in the subject outline booklet they gave its only 5 Q.

Georgie, are you going to be selling your last year TB?... I would be very interested in buying b/c Im not that thrilled at the though of dishing out hundreds of dollars on the textbooks. the ones I really want is the Pathophysiology: The Biological Basis For Disease In Adults And Children and Potter and Perry's fundamentals of nursing.
shanti96,

Check your private message.

HSC
Nah sorry wont be selling because we use these textbooks right through to 3rd yr hence its worth buying them, u might be able to find a student who has left the course or something who is now selling though

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Im sooo stupid! I just bought those books today in that blister pack,... and now I just checked my inbox!.... could have saved myself the $$ hundreds of dollars forked out for these books!

anyway,... the nursing course is great!....but i really hate patho!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
it would be interesting if i knew all the terminolgy! its like biology in detail..

um um.... i think may..

HSC
haha yea dw its gets better once the terms all start relating to each other etc.

Oh okies are u going twice this semester??

gracie007

HSC
i had two friends that never went to the patho lectures and both got credits....lol

hey in clinical in first year is it kinda gay like do we only really do showering mostly? im a bit funny about that one.... do men ever try to make cracks at u?

HSC
First yr clinical isnt only showering, ur also doing obs and if ur lucky ull get to watch alot of interesting procedures.

Later on in 2nd semester u get to do oral meds (hence the maths comes in) also IV stuff, taking out cannulas ummm wat else lol wound dressings, fluid balance charts, taking out stitches/staples etc

Yes, unfortunately the first 2 clinicals is comprised of alot of basic stuff, such as showering, feeding, obs, but it helps to build up your confidence and interalation skills with patients.

And about men making cracks, never had a bad pt so i cant say:S but i must say most of the pts ive had on any ward have been older and have always been greatful for the help...

Yea u can pass patho without going to the lecs you just have to be determined to do the extra work outside of class, i just prefer to go to the lecs and get an understanding there... hence i managed 2 HD's last yr for the sub, hoping for a repeat this yr lol :D

gracie007

HSC
oh awesome good on ya! hehe. Yeah Im not going to skip any of the lectures either haha. Thanks for the info about the first clinical. im not a shy person or anything just not really looking forward to it that much really. do you have any sorts of problems urself with certain medical things? like for me, blood and everything is fine but anything to do with eyes i find gross (they are like jelly and so disgusting eww!) and i dunno what theyre called, but those like catheter collection bags that collect random fluid (not the urine ones) like with blood/pus/all this other crap in it from inside the body after an op....
in yr 10 i worked in a hospital and some lady had one and i was like......ahhhh!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
wow those marks are awesome!... Im just hoping for a pass but anything else they give me is a bonus!
ooo semester 2 sounds really interesting for clinical!

gracie, you doing the sheep heart dissection tomorrow?.... sorta looking forward to that but dreading the lecture afterwards.... 76 pages of lec notes to get through :S

HSC
haha the lectures are always killers for patho, one in 2nd semester last yr we had 80+ pages and only 2hrs lol

Ummm yea the wound drains, they're pretty cool im not worried with that kind of stuff... ummm what kind of freaks me out is...i guess the thought of breaking bones but when i see them its fine lol Also amputations like stumps yea lol but u definately get immune to so much stuff that u kjust have to deal with in the moment, it just becomes like meh

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
bones breaking is the only thing that just "ugghhh"'s me out!

*snap*

*shutters*

the lec was ok... we only did, like 30 pgs and he ended up letting us off =D

quiz 1 is nxt week :S

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
haha i wasnt even listening to him but evryone started getting up so i jsut figured he'd given up orr somthing... its not like he can go overtime cuz it is the main lecture hall.

I suck at blood pressure!!!

HSC
Oh my god so did i when i started lol dont worry hardly anyone could get the hang of it straight away it takes time to be able to hear the sounds, with clinical ull be able to get the hang of it

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
I borrowed the sphyg but its really hard to get the hang of... turning the knob at the right speed and wondering if that noise was a beat or just your hand moving... argh!!

did u go to the ELSSA workshops? are they useful?

boris

Banned
HSC
I seriously do not suggest chem for nursing students. There is no point doing it in the HSC and failing miserably when it is an insignificant component.

Do bio for sure, or to some degree senior science.

Biochem is what you'll be doing, and biochem is covered in biology pretty well.

HSC
If you enjoy chem do it, if you dont dont casue its not that major part.

Yea i know what u mean shanti about not knowing the noise that your hearing. Like at the start if the stethoscope would move a bit and i didnt hear the noise properly id be so confused as to if it was actual BP or not lol dw itll get better, i ended up buying a manual BP cuff etc from the med COOP up at broadway lol

how many weeks till ur clinical?

gracie007

HSC
omg! i am so scared about the first patho quiz on monday...i enjoy science and did chem and bio at high school but srsly i feel like i hav to cover soo much and he talks about so much diff stuff in the lectures arrgh are they hard?? im stressin! I did this sample question but i was still like WTF is the answer haha...ah ohh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)