Nursing or Medical Science as secondary to MBBS (1 Viewer)

keithbaby

HSC
Hi, Just would like to know , what is a better option...say if I dont get into medicine 2011 (NSW)

...Ive heard that nursing is what all medical students study their first 3 years? or something like that... but than again my other friend said its better to do medical science? Which is better as a starting point for MBBS

Info very much appreciated!!:smile:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Hi, Just would like to know , what is a better option...say if I dont get into medicine 2011 (NSW)

...Ive heard that nursing is what all medical students study their first 3 years? or something like that... but than again my other friend said its better to do medical science? Which is better as a starting point for MBBS

Info very much appreciated!!:smile:
there are benefits to each. medical science probably helps more with the earlier years of medicine where you are building ur basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, microbiology etc

nursing provides you with a lot of experience with regard to procedural skills and communication skills which are essential in the latter half of your MBBS degree.

its really your choice. imo, id choose the one im likely to enjoy more and get better grades in (since you are essentially doing this for entry into medicine).

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
they literally could not be more different

medical science is a generalist science degree with near 0 vocational relevance unless you do a higher degree afterwards (or work as a lab tech lol hope you like 20kpa)
nursing is a purely vocational degree for training nurses

do you want to do research or be a nurse?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
if you want to do medicine at UNSW and don't get into undergrad, but would like to do transfer into it, UNSW only allows the top achievers of medical science transfer into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)