Nysf 2015 (1 Viewer)

Axio

=o
HSC
Hey guys I'm applying for it as well :). Ununo can I ask what kind of things you had to do or were asked in the interview? I don't know much about it other than that I have to know about rotary.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Oh that's great!!!! Good luck in getting in, I'm sure it'll happen :D
Did they ask you to do an impromptu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you, best of luck to you too! :D

Yeah, they asked me to do a 3 minute impromptu.

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Thank you, best of luck to you too! :D

Yeah, they asked me to do a 3 minute impromptu.
Ohh that sounds scary !! What did you have to speak about?? ^_^

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I'm applying for it as well :). Ununo can I ask what kind of things you had to do or were asked in the interview? I don't know much about it other than that I have to know about rotary.
They will ask you about your subjects, hobbies, what you want to do in future/career and what you will get out of the science forum. It can sometimes help to ask an alumni to know what goes on to craft a good answer how it's going to benefit you!

There's normally three people on the panel;
* A past NYSF student (normally upcoming staffie)-they just want a person with communication skills that they think will have a fantastic time on the camp (and noone doesn't have a fantastic time)
*A Rotarian (know something about Rotary they'll be happy). They sometimes like to ask about if a current affairs or your community work/hobbies.
*NYSF organiser person-will probably ask you about a favourite science field, scientist or invention.

They will ask you to do a little speech as well.

Good luck everyone :) May I suggest everyone join the Youth Scientist Australia as well? I didn't join till uni (lived in the country) but there are so many cool science activities, a few of my friends are club positions and it units cool people interested in science from age 15-24 :) It also will keep you posted of other cool science opportunities like the USYD G&T program or Wollongong TSE or YSA camps :) There's a stackload of other science opportunities beyond/alongside NYSF :)

BenZ

HSC
I have my selections for the NYSF on the 27th at Bond University in the Gold Coast. Would be soo good to be selected, but I'm pretty worried about these interviews and stuff :uhoh: We got told we had to prepare a 3 minute speech on an annoying problem in your area and how you could fix it, does anyone know if you have to do an impromptu speech as well as that speech?

Good luck everyone! Hopefully I see some of you in Canberra!

macrazy

HSC
I have my selections for the NYSF on the 27th at Bond University in the Gold Coast. Would be soo good to be selected, but I'm pretty worried about these interviews and stuff :uhoh: We got told we had to prepare a 3 minute speech on an annoying problem in your area and how you could fix it, does anyone know if you have to do an impromptu speech as well as that speech?

Good luck everyone! Hopefully I see some of you in Canberra!
Most districts have a prepared speech as well as an impromptu - mine has a five minute speech and then an 'impromptu' but we got told about the topic, we just have to speak without notes.. good luck in the interview I hope you get in :)

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Congrats!!!! Would you mind me asking what your speech topics were??

Sure
1. Tell us about yourself, why you like science and more specifically which part of science
2. A newspaper report is given to you and you have to interpret and construct a speech in under 2 min about it
3. Group speech on rotary. What its about, why, history, etc.

GOOD LUCK!

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Sure
1. Tell us about yourself, why you like science and more specifically which part of science
2. A newspaper report is given to you and you have to interpret and construct a speech in under 2 min about it
3. Group speech on rotary. What its about, why, history, etc.

GOOD LUCK!
Thank you so much!!! Hopefully see you in one of the sessions :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
UNSW??

roonneyge

HSC
Haha mines at the public school in walcha - you've probably never heard of that place, it's tiny... and very cold - perks of being from a rural area :)
Indeed what a perk, I have my interview there this weekend as well. Maybe I'll see you there:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)