Officeworks (1 Viewer)

sam5

HSC
does anyone work here?

Whats it like?

Whats the pay like?

What kinda things do u have to do?

What age do they start to accept employees?

thanks.

Voldemort

HSC
I just had an interview at officeworks. I REALLLYYYYYYYYY hope I get the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all. :D

Voldemort

HSC
Yes! I did get the job, sooooo happy :D :D but I haven't actually started yet so I can't say what it's like lol. As far as pay goes at 18yrs its $14p/h at 19yrs its 17p/h dunno about the other ages tho
Anyway, I suggest applying and asking the staff all your questions, just go to officeworks and ask for an application form. super easy! good luck :)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Yes! I did get the job, sooooo happy :D :D but I haven't actually started yet so I can't say what it's like lol. As far as pay goes at 18yrs its $14p/h at 19yrs its 17p/h dunno about the other ages tho
Anyway, I suggest applying and asking the staff all your questions, just go to officeworks and ask for an application form. super easy! good luck :)
Wtf, didn't Harry kill you in the last book?

sam5

HSC
good on ya.

I would have thought that an 18 year old might have got a wee bit more than that (maybe im gready lol).

The one im lookin at is a newly built store thats opening in february, but its a 1/2 hour drive to get there. Im not sure if its worth it, or if i should just get a job more locally.

I live in an area (that up until soon) only had an officeworks about 1 hour away (newcastle).

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
good on ya.

I would have thought that an 18 year old might have got a wee bit more than that (maybe im gready lol).

The one im lookin at is a newly built store thats opening in february, but its a 1/2 hour drive to get there. Im not sure if its worth it, or if i should just get a job more locally.

I live in an area (that up until soon) only had an officeworks about 1 hour away (newcastle).
30 min drive isn't too bad, especially if you live in more of a rural area. Takes me a 40 min drive to get to work on a good day - though it's an improvement from the 1.5 hour trip into the CBD that I used to do. You do get used to it, put on some music when you drive so you don't get bored.

Though it'd be nice to be closer to home, sometimes the jobs just aren't there.

jirwin

HSC
good on ya.

That's standard hourly rate for a 18yr old - actually a bit more then I got at those ages.

It takes me 20min to get to and from work.

sam5

HSC
i think us regional pple have it easy, and we dont realise the shit that u city pple live ur lives in.

Im not rural, but im not city either. Its pretty good.

Voldemort

HSC
I would really recomend appling for OW. And I think alot of ppl who work there come from fairly far away (I was suprised to find I was the only one who lived in the same suburb as the store-lucky me).
Anyway, It's a great job because it rly gives you a career (in retail) in the sense that once you've got it on ur resume it looks heaps good and they give your HEAPS of training and it seems like a heaps friendly environment.
As far as pay goes it's pretty average. My bro works in a call centre and he gets 17.80p/h (18yrs). But I also work at a pizza shop and I get $13p/h so it's not great but it's not the worst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)