Officeworks (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks for that perfectionist. I've got a few manager interviews for Woolies coming up and that could be helpful.

Panda Bear said:
don't give it as a "selfish" answer, answer the question like you were from third person and you got no idea about the situation.

say for example the quote "can you put words to action"?. think yourself as not being in the situation and go "oh yeah, that's easy ill do this and that". approach it like that and you'll be fine. coz if you think and think and think about these 2 scenario questions, i don't think it shows through that well.
Could you clarify that please? I didn't really get the drift of what you meant here. What do you mean 'selfish answer'? You said 'think of yourself as not being in the situation' (i.e reply 3rd perspective and not use 'I'LL do this and do that etc.'?), could you give some examples of what your manager actually asked you and how you responded?

Thanks for your time, Panda.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
mmmmm... they asked you a scenario question... i rather give you advice on how to answer than tell you what the actual question is.. that way its better for you to prepare...

what you just said up there yeah.. basically do what you just said :) you should be fine.

oh and one more thing, be out going!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Panda Bear said:
mmmmm... they asked you a scenario question... i rather give you advice on how to answer than tell you what the actual question is.. that way its better for you to prepare...

what you just said up there yeah.. basically do what you just said :) you should be fine.

oh and one more thing, be out going!
But that's just the thing, how would you answer it in 3rd perspective?

Say if the manager goes 'If this pain in the ass customer does this.. blah blah, how would you react?' Are you implying that instead of saying 'Well I'D blah blah', you should be going 'Well the customer service man (i.e yourself) should blah blah'?

I reckon it's better if you actually told me what questions the manager asked because I'm sure there's gonna be atleast one question common to alot of people... and it's better if I know exactly what those questions are so I could prepare an answer beforehand.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
May be just put yourself in customer's shoes...and think from the customer's perspective....i.e. as a customer what would you expect the sales services assistant to do...and then give the answer to the manager..*I'd do this if such a situation occurs...etc*

lol dunno if i have made myself clear here =\ but anyway....

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
lol, the manager's are always on our side when customers complain, esp during back to school sale... today a lady came in and asked if we had any monash workstations left and I said yes ma'am, last one! Then the lady goes "I wanna take another look" so she went off to the furniture section to have her look. When she came back to the checkouts to ask for it I had just come back from carrying the workstation to the car of another customer. "Sorry ma'am, but we just sold the last one".

Then followed a lot of bitching which involved the manager...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
did everyone know that bigw is cheaper then officeworks?! who would have thought? i was reading the paper and they had those compare columns up...
of course, office works is expensive, i think kmart might be cheaper than them

Collin

HSC
N/A
Wow wee.. wasn't that interview easy. :) Had two interviewers actually (not at the same time), overall it took about 1 hour. The manager was nice and had a sense of humour, was helpful in detailing out what he looked for and the general operations of the corporation and the store itself.

BTW Panda, the manager guy clarified that techworks actually isn't Business machines, but it's a subset area of BM only present in a few flagship stores..

Hopefully I'll get the job. If not, then I'll go stuff myself with donuts.

Jumpman

HSC
sigh! i want a job at officeworks.
figures its owned by coles myer. i guess someday they might call me :(

Panda Bear

HSC
im kinda pissed off today.

i work at pos and there's this other pos member there. she's like fat, and well she kinda bugs me a bit coz she doesn't stop talking .. like she talks about crap and stops the customer a whole minute once they finish paying..

well anyway. i know i talk fast, like i mean slowing down i can but it'll just be weird... on my behalf anyway.

on the PA, i was told by her that a fellow team member complained that i sound kinda annoying on the PA and that i should slow down. She just said it was a "he", so i was guessing it would've been anyone in stationary or the store manager. she goes "oh yeah.. just forgot to tell you but yeah... just try and slow down a bit e.t.c."

i had to make an excuse up obviously, i go yeah i know, people have said i speak fast e.t.c. so it'll be hard...

she goes yeah... do you know why i pick up phones instead of you when you're free? coz your PA announcements are just that reason.

I didn't take it too hard.. but im like.. sheesh don't have to tell it to me like that, i mean if that's how i talk, that's how i talk.. i can slow down but likewise if someone else complains coz i speak too slow you can do the PA all by youself....

likewise everyone is entitled to a 15 mins break. she goes to me today, "i usually take 30mins break coz noone sees me lol". Likewise, my responses are usually muted so i go "yeahhhhhh".. i just thought to myself "well probably explains why i do wrong things when there's like 10 people in queue and im the only one at POS. I can go on PA e.t.c some fag might not like my voice". Well thing is, if im by myself at POS and 10 people are in queue it does get stressful, well for me anyway. The phone ringing and me having to pick it up and depending the call, having to make a PA annoucement doens't help either.

She has worked there since the beginning of the opening of our officeworks, so i really can't say much. like i said, i won't discriminate coz she's fat, but she does on my nerves alot.

I try to be more tolerant of people nowadays.. Im very intolerant.

There's also another team member in techworks, who's a female. She's usually muted, i.e. doens't say much and when she does her comments are kinda sarcastic. I think alot of the guys at my place know that lol, and the fact that her brother works there with her doens't help that lol.

I get on fine with her, just say the odd occasional hi and bye. The fat lady on the other goes to me the other day "well there goes happy out the door" im like "what?"

she goes "oh yeah.. i hate her. her comments are all sarcastic e.t.c." .. im like "yeah ok"... can you see my responses are always muted? :D

i just came to my own conclusions that if she's like that as a person, then obviously what she says is probably alright coz all can't be sarcastic.

but yeah... i had to say it to someone. yeah fine, you can tell me that i should try and improve on my PA annoucements, but the fact that she was being arty-farty about it just pisses me off. Every PA annoucement i did today after that, i used my low voice and spoke slower. sounded weird, but meh kill me if you don't like it. i can't please everyone.

im still on the 3 month probation. so i gotta be goodie e.t.c. I try and avoid having long convo's with the other managers and others, just in case i say somethin wrong and they'll hate me for it... bloody hell.

soryr for ranting, but i need to say it to someone. =(

lucky i got a later shift tomorrow and i won't need to see her.!

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
The checkout chics in my store just let the phones ring if there's a 10 customer queue although we'll usually pick up the phone for them if we're nearby. Everyone's really nice at my store, including the managers.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
panda - if she's saying bad things about everyone behind their backs chances are she likes to complain about people who are doing things right (especially new ones) because she doesn't always do things right herself. she might feel a little threatened. if she likes to talk a lot think of how the other workers respond to it, consider most importantly if she is respected, and see if you should take what she says seriously or not.

Panda Bear

HSC
im not terribly sure what to say generally. i usually just give a muted response, i can't give anything else.

she has been at the officeworks since it was open, what 5 years now. so i don't know. by the looks of what she speaks about, she doens't seem to get along with alot of people and does tend to talk behind their backs. i wonder what she thinks about me, but likewise i don't really care.

what i do care about is her putting me off in a subtle way, while i try to perform my duties within the 3 month probation period.

she said that another person complained about my PA annoucemnets, and she said "he told me to tell you". that must either be the manager or just another team member. coz quite frankly i don't think she should be saying such things out and about.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Shit, if I get the job I hope I don't get a group of staff like your store Panda.. ahahahaha.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Jumpman said:
sigh! i want a job at officeworks.
figures its owned by coles myer. i guess someday they might call me :(
Keep reminding your recruitment officer that u are there!!...lol that's like my sis...they took a while to find her a place...but the good bit is they get back to u...tho it does take *some time*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Panda Bear said:
im not terribly sure what to say generally. i usually just give a muted response, i can't give anything else.

she has been at the officeworks since it was open, what 5 years now. so i don't know. by the looks of what she speaks about, she doens't seem to get along with alot of people and does tend to talk behind their backs. i wonder what she thinks about me, but likewise i don't really care.

what i do care about is her putting me off in a subtle way, while i try to perform my duties within the 3 month probation period.

she said that another person complained about my PA annoucemnets, and she said "he told me to tell you". that must either be the manager or just another team member. coz quite frankly i don't think she should be saying such things out and about.
yeah. i know someone similar, that's why i am telling you what i am. they have been working for a long time but they like to put people, like me, down. they talk non stop, talk about what people have been doing wrong. i have since found out the manager doesn't think much of them so i take what they say as lightly as possible.

from the sounds of her personality i wouldn't be surprised if the chick, in her babble of nothingness, happened to mention to someone that you talk too fast and they agreed and said something like "yeah he should slow it down" (you know how you might think things but they don't really bother you and then when someone brings it up you just agree)and she took it upon herself to use it against you as if they told her to tell you.

maybe not but just my thoughts. i am sus about her because if she takes 30min breaks instead of 15 she can't be totally serious about working as a team, helping out the other workers and doing her job as efficiently as possible. she seems more concerned with what she can get out of things.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I work at officeworks punchbowl, today I did the 'we're now closed announcement' (for the first time), screwed it up big time but didn't really matter cuz there were only 2 customers in the store and they were both at the checkouts.

Which store u at panda?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)