Official BOS Study Meat v2.0 (Winter Edition) (3 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't remember doing a Cambridge question on it, but I'm not surprised that it included the Folium in it. This is what I love most about the Cambridge book, much more sophisticated and clearly written by a Mathematician as opposed to MIF. Well the Double Integral is a little bit more complicated than others because we have to use a transformation formula, very similar to the 'Integration by Substitution' method you learn at school, but then there are more problems because you need to know a bit about Partial Derivatives and Determinants of matrices... if I come on the day I'll teach you if you like!
Is that... Jacobian determinants by any chance

Can't wait to go to Uni!
yeah i'm still confused how you know that much about maffs and you don't even go to uni

is it just reading textbooks or are you a child prodigy or what (curious)

enoilgam

HSC
Enoilgam, could you please do somewhat of a session for Legal Studies essay writing/Legal Studies in general?
Yes please!
Sure, if the humanities essay writing thing goes ahead I am sure I can fit something specific to legal essay writing in. I would also be prepared to look at legal in general. Is there anything specific you had in mind?

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Is that... Jacobian determinants by any chance

yeah i'm still confused how you know that much about maffs and you don't even go to uni

is it just reading textbooks or are you a child prodigy or what (curious)
I just like reading books and to be honest it really isn't that difficult to compute various things taught in Vector Calculus. It's very much like High School except it has Matrices in it in the case of the Hessian Matrix or the Jacobian Determinant as you said. Very mechanical processes. Take for instance determining critical points of surfaces instead of just curves. The process is almost identical as that of High School except we use partial derivatives and use the Hessian with its eigenvalues to determine nature. This is why I don't like it, but as seanieg89 said, it gets better and I am really looking forward to it!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Theres nothing on business studies. Is anyone interested in me bring business resources and case studies ?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're done with exams now, right?
Yes! I am free now. Let's get this thing rolling again.

Going to make timetables now. When I finish uploading them here, I want people attending to PM ME AGAIN with the Seminars you want to join, according to the timetable.

Seminars are aimed primarily at Year 12 students so unless you are an Accelerated Year 11 student, you probably won't benefit much at all except for the English and Humanities Seminars.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Awesome! Spoke with some of the people in the 'High School Nonsense' thread and they're all really nice and I think most of them are coming too. Looking forward to meeting you all there!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For the Extension 2 seminar, I will compile a short list of 20 or so "Question 8" type questions which include things that HAVE been tested in the past, but not actually taught as a topic. This includes:

- Location of polynomial roots "Prove that all the roots of P(x) lie in the circle |z| < r"

- Prove that if we have XXXX condition, then the relationship between the coefficients is YYYY. Now, I'm not talking about the pansy ones like "Prove that if the roots are in A.P, then etc etc" which you will find stock standard in a textbook. I'm taking about harder ones like "What is the condition on a_1, a_2 , a_3, ... , a_n if the roots of the polynomial P(x) are the the vertices of (some polygon)" which form a link between the geometry of the roots and the coefficients of the Polynomial.

- Prove that P(x) has a rational root lying in the interval x E [a,b]

- Some properties of Reciprocal Polynomials, including the real reason why they are called Reciprocal Polynomials!

=========================================================

On a lighter note, just found out my cousin is in the Kookies & Kream dance team in the "Australia's Got Talent" semis! I loved the Skrillex Dubstep part =)

"Yes! Oh my god!"

*bass*

deswa1

HSC
For the Extension 2 seminar, I will compile a short list of 20 or so "Question 8" type questions which include things that HAVE been tested in the past, but not actually taught as a topic. This includes:

- Location of polynomial roots "Prove that all the roots of P(x) lie in the circle |z| < r"

- Prove that if we have XXXX condition, then the relationship between the coefficients is YYYY. Now, I'm not talking about the pansy ones like "Prove that if the roots are in A.P, then etc etc" which you will find stock standard in a textbook. I'm taking about harder ones like "What is the condition on a_1, a_2 , a_3, ... , a_n if the roots of the polynomial P(x) are the the vertices of (some polygon)" which form a link between the geometry of the roots and the coefficients of the Polynomial.

- Some properties of Reciprocal Polynomials, including the real reason why they are called Reciprocal Polynomials!

On a lighter note, just found out my cousin is in the Kookies & Kream dance team in the "Australia's Got Talent" semis! I loved the Skrillex Dubstep part =)

"Yes! Oh my god!"

*bass*
Wow- that sounds amazing- really looking forward to the seminar. Congrats on your cousin too.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

"Yes! Oh my god!"

*bass*
One person from our school is in the Kookies & Kream dance team :) They performed at our school a few weeks ago, it was great!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just finished typing up a fair few questions!

Here's a bit of a taste of what to expect in the Extension 2 Mathematics Seminar:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh basic set notation... ah okay. If you want, you can learn it yourself - it's pretty easy. Just some of the applications or chaining them (and deciphering them from symbolic form) can be difficult.

For example, how would you say:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh basic set notation... ah okay. If you want, you can learn it yourself - it's pretty easy. Just some of the applications or chaining them (and deciphering them from symbolic form) can be difficult.

For example, how would you say:

for all x in what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)