Official Offers - Did you get in? (1 Viewer)

rev-ise

HSC
I'll most probably know a few people around UNE, as I've lived in Armidale for the last almost 6 years, but I'm not staying in a college, so probably won't really be 'with' them. That is if I go to UNE in the end.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
how many people are going to UNE with people they know? and how many people are going to UNE not knowing anyone?

i'm the latter. :)
You'd be surprised; I know (or have known) at least two people at each college except Drummond (where I only know one). But then, the 'Dale is a bit of a proving ground in terms of university for people from my area. It doesn't matter if you don't know anyone; I only met my best mates this year.

Rinni

HSC
I know a few ppl going to UNE, for starters *Lozzie* and a couple of other friends, plus UNE seems to be a popular spot for port macquarie ppl so I'll prolly end up knowing even more. Don't worry BlackDragon you'll just have to find all the BOS ppl to be friends with lol:)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Rinni said:
I know a few ppl going to UNE, for starters *Lozzie* and a couple of other friends, plus UNE seems to be a popular spot for port macquarie ppl so I'll prolly end up knowing even more. Don't worry BlackDragon you'll just have to find all the BOS ppl to be friends with lol:)
Port Macquaire eh?

Don't come looking for me. I like to keep my secret identity just that: secret.

BlackDragon

HSC
No I am just going to go around to everyone i see and ask "Ask YOU objectsinspace?" and eventually i'll find you. :)

Rinni

HSC
BlackDragon said:
No I am just going to go around to everyone i see and ask "Ask YOU objectsinspace?" and eventually i'll find you. :)
Sounds like a good plan lol. I mean secret identities become boring after a while

TamikaD

HSC
I got in thru Principals Rec for Social Science, Arts and Primary Teaching. I really want to get into Psychology though, which you cant get thru Principals Rec, so am waiting on my UAI of 85 to see if I can do that.

I applied to St Alberts college, but havent heard back from them. They only asked my 1st preference which was psych, and if i applied thru principals rec, and i said yes. But psych doesnt apply to principals rec! I hope I havent stuffed my chances :(

What colleges did u's apply to?

bjtrim2

HSC
I applied for earle page, hopefully hearing about it tomorrow. if anyone wants to chat to me so hopefully i'll know afew more people before i go to UNE add me on msn at bjtrim@gmail.com :)

cmifsud

HSC
I got in, but to Business/Economics, which was my choice in september. Since then I changed by mind to just economics, so UAC said to accept the combined degree and enrol, and then when i get the main round offer of just economics to enrol in economics and withdraw from business/economics.

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
BlackDragon said:
How many people are going to UNE not knowing anyone?
Oop thats me! Anybody that wants to get to know me before Feb... please PM me :)

I just finished enrolling (yes just in time I know), I got in with SRAS for BComputer Science/BLaws and also into Earle Page just like my Dad.

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
anyone who applied for a country scholarship and got over a 85 UAI good luck in getting a country scholarhsip or any scholarship for that matter.

hollow514

HSC
Hey... I got offered two scholarships both $20 000 which I'm really happy about though I had to pick one, I can't believe it lol!

xoxo

BlackDragon

HSC
i thought we didn't find out until feb?:eek:
cause my brother got one last yr and he didn't find out till then. do they have to send you a letter about it whether you get one or not?

TamikaD

HSC
Im confused. I got into Social Science through SRAS, but it was my 2nd option. I'm waiting for Psychology, but didnt get the proper UAI. Im hoping I'll get into even late rounds or something for Psych. When do I have to accept the Social Science offer? And I still havent heard back from Albies :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Here's how it is: you have to accept the SRAS offer as soon as you possibly can. If you are offered Psych by UAC via the official channels, you are still able to accept that offer. However, if you do, you will lose the SRAS offer and you won't be able to reclaim it. If you do get Psych but change your mind again and decide to go for Social Science after all, you will have to re-apply for a late round offer via UAC. Similarly, if you do not accept the SRAS and take a UAC-offered preference, you cannot accept the SRAS afterwards. Once the SRAS offer is gone, it's gone.

If you're a few points off the required UAI for a Psych acceptance all is not lost: UNE offers additional points to regional students (ie not metropolitian) by default through the Rural Assistance Scheme. If you qualify you'll receive an additional three to five points, though certain courses make be excluded from the RAS. Also, the UAI is not a measure of "this is the mark you need to be able to do the course", it's actually a case of "this is the lowest mark we're prepared to allow into the course". If you check the 2007 UAC Guide, you should be able to see a trend in the UAI for individual courses and it's usually a fairly reliable measure of what the expected UAI for next year will be.

I would recommend that you accept the SRAS offer for now and sit and wait. But remember, the UAI is simply a means of getting your foot in the door. Once you're at university, it doesn't matter what UAI you received. If you don't get offered Psych but do Social Science and hate it (or whatever), you may be eligible to change courses after first semester (you have to meet all prerequisites first; ie if you haven't done science subjects in the HSC you can't do a Bachelor of Science), and you UAI is not a factor in the transfer.

As far as colleges go, I recall that you are given three preferences for colleges (mine were Duval, St. Albert's and Mary White). If you don't hear back from the first college, you may not have been successful in applying, but you should at least receive a letter explaining as much (and you're likely to get a second college letter ... I've never heard of anyone missing out altogether). Keep an eye out; as far as I know the colleges like everything sorted out as soon as possible.

hollow514

HSC
BlackDragon said:
i thought we didn't find out until feb?:eek:
cause my brother got one last yr and he didn't find out till then. do they have to send you a letter about it whether you get one or not?
Maybe they offer some scholarships earlier than others or re-offer ones later that people don't/can't accept... I'm not sure. I got my letters a few weeks ago and they rang me yesterday to confirm and to choose which one I wanted so maybe they'll reoffer the other one later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)