Official Offers - Did you get in? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
TamikaD said:
How do u accept offers?
The instructions are in the offer but for accomodation you need to send a whole bunch of forms back by the required date. For course you need to enrol online. There is a whole booklet telling you how.

TamikaD

HSC
Really? Im completely confused. I got a letter telling me I got into Social Science. I didnt relpy, and havent heard from the college yet. Will they send me an offer still? Coz they said "This is not an offer unless its ur first preference." It wasnt my first prefernece, but I didnt get into my 1st prefeence, and Social Science was my 2nd.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
TamikaD said:
Really? Im completely confused. I got a letter telling me I got into Social Science. I didnt relpy, and havent heard from the college yet. Will they send me an offer still? Coz they said "This is not an offer unless its ur first preference." It wasnt my first prefernece, but I didnt get into my 1st prefeence, and Social Science was my 2nd.
That line about first preferences refers to your UAC choices, not your SRAS. You need to adjust your UAC preferences so that the course you were offered entry to through the SRAS is in line with number one in the UAC preferences. In other words, Social Science at the University of New England must be your first preference and you must change it before offers come out if you intend to take it. It's simply a way for UAC to record that you will be enrolling in the Social Sciences course; UAC is independent of UNE and every other university. You will then be offered Social Science through UAC because SRAS guarantees your place if you tell UAC it is number one. Afterwards, you can adjust your preferences so that Psych or whatever is at the top of your list and wait to see if you get an offer. If you don't, you will still have your Social Sciences place.

Don't wait for the college to contact you before you make up your mind to your course. There are seven other colleges available (six if rumours Drummond and Smith will be temporarily closing are true), plus town-based accomodation (which is much cheaper). Accomodation can always be arranged later, but if you don't have an enrolment in a course, accomodation a tthe college of your choice isn't going to be worth anything.

Dong ma?

TamikaD

HSC
OK. Well Id prefer Psych if I get in. So I think I'll leave that as number 1. If I dont get in, I'll get into Social Science anyways, as its my 2nd preference. And I will get an offer in January for either Psych or Social Sciene.

Is that correct?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
No, Social Science needs to be number one in UAC in order for you to be accepted to it at UNE. After you have received an offer to Social Science, then you can change to Psych and hope for an offer. However, the Psych offer isn't guaranteed as it will only come about if somebody else rejected an offer to the same course in the opening round and if your UAI is high enough. If you leave Psych as number one and Social Science as number two, you may get into Psych straight away, and if you are passed over, you could be offered Social Science. But at number two the Social Science offer isn't guaranteed and you may miss out altogether.

Social Science at UNE should be number one.
Psych at UNE should be number two.

TamikaD

HSC
So if I dont get into psych, I may also not get into Social Sciene if SC isnt my 1st preference, right? When do I have to change preferences by?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
That's correct.

You have to change your preferences before the day they are released. I don't know the exact date, but it's soon.

suzieee

HSC
annieclassof06 said:
Oop thats me! Anybody that wants to get to know me before Feb... please PM me :)

I just finished enrolling (yes just in time I know), I got in with SRAS for BComputer Science/BLaws and also into Earle Page just like my Dad.
annie! i know you! from our walcha/dorrigo interschool visits... im caths sister. so you sort of know me... congratulations on getting into epc. i got into austin, so were going to be neighbours!

are any other dorrigo people going to une?? ash barnett and kyra abraham (but i dont think you'd know her... shes not very sporty) are going from my school (and me!)

ill see you in feb :)

Madddie.

HSC
Hey...
I got into B Communication Studies thru SRAS in the Early Round
I mailed them back an acceptance & a deferment request until 2008
Has anyone else defered??? And if so have they got mail back??? Cos i haven''t got a reply ....
Has anyone else got a reply? When do we find out???
Term starts next month goddamit!!! I can;t go to uni next month!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Ooooh, another person doing comms! I'm not totally alone ... but you're deferring, so that means I will be. Escept for all those other people doing comms who are not part of BoS. Yeah, sometimes I should just stop using words.

If you're worried about the state fo your deferral, contact the Student Centre as they're the ones who will approve it (or otherwise). Tuesday - 3 weeks until term begins - is probably the latest you could leave it. As long as Comm Studies was #1 on your UAC preferences, you're in, but I seriously doubt you'll get on-campus accomodation this late in the game. Then again, I have heard of people who basically beg the Principal of Duval/Drummond to let them (because we're so ttoally awesome) in and persistence pays off. Just don't tell her I put you up to it if that's what you do.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Wait, scratch that last post. It's possible I've fucked up and lead you astray on that one with regards to deferral (it's been two years since I did it), so disregard what I said about contacting the Student Centre. Read this one, though I cannot guarantee that is is correct.

However, pay attention to this next part (my memory's a bit fuzzy so I can can only give you an either/or scenario here): You CANNOT defer some SRAS courses. Look very carefully as to which courses can and cannot be put off because it is possible that yours will be one of these! If this is the case, you may (and this is where it gets iffy) be able to reject the offer and simply reapply to the same course (mix your preferences up, save them and then do it again just in case) and try for a late-round offer, but there is no guarantee you will get it second time around.

Because you've only just been given your places (SRAS is only a guaranteed offer, not a guaranteed place; you still have to accept it to get the place), you'll need to reply as soon as you possibly can. You should include with this a letter detailing your reasons as to why you wich to defer until 2008. UNE is usually very quick to get back to you on this.

mickant72

HSC
I got in with SRAS and chose to do B. Economics. Also I got into Drummond and Smith which was my first choice, so Im pretty happy.

Id like to meet anyone whos going to UNE this year, so message me or add me on msn. mickant@hotmail.com

MiTcHeLL4188

HSC
I got into arts and law...got into austin...is that a good college cos i herd it has the best parties lol...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
MiTcHeLL4188 said:
got into austin...is that a good college cos i herd it has the best parties lol...
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck no, we wipe the floor with Maroon Baboons when it comes to the best functions. machine might give you a different opinion though.

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
I don't know who has the best parties because i have only been to Austin functions. But this year Austin has an exceptional president so i'm sure you won't be dissapointed. I thought o-week was extremely good in my first year and then you have surf carnival not long after and you have more functions including bierfest later on in the year at Austin. Nearly every weekend there is something going on. Just drink lots now so you're used to it before you go...if you like to have a few, otherwise you might be passed out by 8 or something.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
That's ... probably a much more sensible assessment of the college than the one I gave.

If there's one thing I know about Austin - and this isn't meant to be a negative thing at all - it's that they like their booze. All the colleges do, really, but Austin does take it to the next level, so don't try and keep up with the returners in terms of the amount they drink unless you know you can handle it.

That goes for all colleges. Most of us might use alcohol to bring you into a social situation, but every college has a few who don't know when to stop. I know of a few guys at my college who intend to make the Freshers drink until they throw up and then make them drink once for each one they'd had to make up for the throwing up.

BlackDragon

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I know of a few guys at my college who intend to make the Freshers drink until they throw up and then make them drink once for each one they'd had to make up for the throwing up.
Scary.
I would just not drink.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
Scary.
I would just not drink.
Well ... you can do that, of course. But some people do bow to peer pressure and these guys aren't what you'd call "nice".

adhara

HSC
In and enrolled for Bachelor of Archaeology with Honors.

And I have been offered a place at Earle Page College (faxed off the stuff today)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)