Official Pokemon game thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
Persian can thunderbolt and bubblebeam and shadow ball and screech and body slam and hyper beam and hypnosis.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
then go teaching pokemon like persian the weirdest moves.
like hyper beam.
somehow hyper bream TM is compatble with many pokemans
I thought it was because it was a Normal attack type.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
its just there are aaaaaa few TMs out there that are so compatible with many pokemons my duo-brows raised in delights, like hyper beam and toxic.

toxic is the equvalent of the martyrdom perk in COD4, as a last resort give them something to remember you by before your own downfall.
EDIT: o wait, destiny bond better resembles martyrdom. toxic is good enough, damage increases with every turn.

just another moment of mix and match favourite moves to make battles more interest

then reward your pokemon sometime with some bitter herbs purchased from some old hag because squandered moneys at gambling which raised ratings from G to G8+ gambling references

Last edited:

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
not necessarily destiny bond.

you faint after 3 turns, so if you end the battle on 1 or 2 turns then you dont faint.

martyrdom would be if a pkmn with very high attack stat uses explosion/selfdestruct.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah toxic is awesome, and its so annoying for them.
other ones are like protect and sub (i think) i'm not really sure actually.
hyperbeam is bad though...2nd turn recharge!! its only useful on normal pokemon though, coz of the STAB. a strong hyperbeamer would be porygon z!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
not necessarily destiny bond.

you faint after 3 turns, so if you end the battle on 1 or 2 turns then you dont faint.

martyrdom would be if a pkmn with very high attack stat uses explosion/selfdestruct.
thanks for the correct i think selfdestruct and explosion are not often seen i know why.

selfdestruct and explosion in poekmons and martyrdom in COD4 are nice moves and perk to pull off to take your opponent with you but seen as noobish.

but funny.

but then you can hurl a semi-cooked nade at an unlucky person on the other side of the wall but not a self-destructing voltorbs ands electrodes.

yeah toxic is awesome, and its so annoying for them.
other ones are like protect and sub (i think) i'm not really sure actually.
hyperbeam is bad though...2nd turn recharge!! its only useful on normal pokemon though, coz of the STAB. a strong hyperbeamer would be porygon z!
oh shit i was hopings thay mayde polygon 2.01, even smoother sampled exterior.
basically any martyrdom style move in pokemons like toxic, curse (only if use by ghost), destiny's child bond, miracle song, self destruct or explosion is hilarious.

Random_dude

HSC
yea there was a stage where i debated with myself whether to use blissey or shuckle.

blissey won, because it can withstand lots of sonicbooms/dragon rages/seismic tosses, and because of minimise-softboiled, and either toxic, will-o-wisp, refresh, or something else i dunno.
i didnt really think of any moveset for shuckle, so yea. i'll think about it.

yes metagross is also a great pkmn, though not too sure about jolly. I'd prefer maximising its already high att stat, but then again its pretty high as it is, and increasing its speed will be good too.

yes ive considered togekiss, just cbf'd making a moveset and ev training.

also, i just caught zapdos in my red version advanced. Got its health down to 20, caught on first pokeball (yes, not great/ultra/master, but POKEball).

gg omie.
shuckle:
power trick
safeguard
rest
still looking

overall, try for dusknoir. has a 125 def and sp def and atcually has a liveable attack

togekiss:
air slash
aura sphere
shadow ball
water pulse

with ability serene grace
+252 hp
+252 spd
+6 def
brave nature

for metagross, who would use a special move? thus jolly, taking away an unneeded stat whilst increasing its speed. also, its attack is already 135 and def 130, why increase? however its spd is 70, thus need for an increase.

also, which one? arcanine or magmortar?

"not necessarily destiny bond.

martyrdom would be if a pkmn with very high attack stat uses explosion/selfdestruct. "

err.... don't you mean perish song? destiny bond is "if you kill me now, i'm taking you with me as well"

Last edited:

Random_dude

HSC
honestly, i recommend to not use them. they ARE the double edged blade that cuts both you and your opponent's hands off at the same time and can be even used against you. perfect example, perish song used with last pokemon against three. i won obviously. and it was the battle frontier factory guy in emerald.
now destiny bond can be just overcome with status afflictions, or even better, just recovering, switching, healing, swapping opponents. and even if it is both the last pokemons, all you will have is a draw. and then what? of course, if it is like two to one, use it, but really, why not use actual attacks?

Last edited:

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
yea i dont like those moves.

and also, lol. Last 3 died at battle factory? Technically its a tie since yours and opponents pkmn both died, but it counts as a loss, hate that shit lol.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah that sucks., i've drawn many times but it counts as a loss..once i lost coz of life orb for one of them or head smash in the battle factory...that sucked.
Others have been explosion and destiny bond, but mroe common was destiny bond...so lame, especially when you know they're gonna use it but the pokemon u hired out only has attack moves =(.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
shuckle:
power trick
safeguard
rest
still looking

overall, try for dusknoir. has a 125 def and sp def and atcually has a liveable attack

togekiss:
air slash
aura sphere
shadow ball
water pulse

with ability serene grace
+252 hp
+252 spd
+6 def
brave nature

for metagross, who would use a special move? thus jolly, taking away an unneeded stat whilst increasing its speed. also, its attack is already 135 and def 130, why increase? however its spd is 70, thus need for an increase.

also, which one? arcanine or magmortar?

"not necessarily destiny bond.

martyrdom would be if a pkmn with very high attack stat uses explosion/selfdestruct. "

err.... don't you mean perish song? destiny bond is "if you kill me now, i'm taking you with me as well"
why brave nature??thats not good for togekiss at all. How about lowering some speed ev's and putting it into sp atk. and using t-wave instead of shadow ball?

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
and maybe replace shadow ball with ice beam?

edit: wtf it doesnt learn ice beam! this is madness!

edit: make it ancientpower, or shockwave or something, lol.

Last edited:

Random_dude

HSC
why brave nature??thats not good for togekiss at all. How about lowering some speed ev's and putting it into sp atk. and using t-wave instead of shadow ball?
a) that is what the +252 ev into spd does.
b) shadow ball has a 20% chance originally but now 40% chance of lowering sp. def of opponent.
c) air slash now has a 60% chance of flinching, combined with stab, with a liveable accuracy.
d) modest does'nt cover defense.
my togekiss' stats at level 100:

note: serene grace DOUBLES the chances of special effects happening. thus, with this great ability, always use sp. attack moves with at least 20% chances of something evil happening whilst being powerful. for example, air slah, originally 30% chance of flinching, now 60% chance of flinching.
also, even if i used ice beam, all it would do is give a 20% chance now. that's why i did'nt use it.
also, try using the ability to the most, like NOT only using moves with 10% chances of happening moves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)