Official Question 1 Thread - Textual Analysis (1 Viewer)

Mathematician

text one was okay and text three i think i contradictory myself with ideas.. i used the technique of scientiful allusion and how it methaphorically links to the concept of change..

Yay i thought it was an allusion too, i thought i was lost

Lemon

Originally posted by -X-
SAME!!! I dont remember it saying that we had to explain why the other wasn't good? Anyway my responce would have been "Cause i dont understand the bloody poem!". :chainsaw:
Yeah im thinking the person who wrote that we had to write why the 3rd text wasnt as cool as the others was trippin.

*hehe... I kinda wish I could talk like that in our answers*

But even if didnt say you had to write that, I thought it was a good idea. right on with that person!

I started with the story (cause I had it memorised) then section 3, and did section 1 last.

so with like 20mins to do it in (oops...) I disregarded the poem completly... Im not gonna write about change when no fucken change is evident!

did ANYONE write about text 2 in the all texts question?

And I do not see how it was sept 11... but it was nice either way.

I didnt have enough time to do much of a decent answer, nor did I finish the all texts question... I didnt explain how one of them did whatever the question was asking... over it. :cool:

tempco

HSC
I bloody wrote only half a page for the question on text 3.. thought I would go back to it, but guess what? TIMES UP :S

vegeta_316

Damn NekkidSerpent. My teacher told me and the class to never leave something unanswered in English cause for one you'll lose your train of thought and two, in your case, you left it till the end in which unfortunately you ran out of time. Hard luck dude.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
For Q3:
i said juxtaposition was one of the techniques used to show that change is continuous: "Their universe..our universe," but it may well end: "the process won't go on indefinately"

f001error

didnt like it, the poem was really really lame.

still i found techniques and filled it full of quotes and shit, so i think i did okay

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by vegeta_316
Damn NekkidSerpent. My teacher told me and the class to never leave something unanswered in English cause for one you'll lose your train of thought and two, in your case, you left it till the end in which unfortunately you ran out of time. Hard luck dude.
Funnily enough, my teacher said that too. But I think I wrote enough for 2 out of three, so all is not lost.

vach

HSC
Am i the only person who saw the connection with text 2(the poem) with the average life of the human being and as it changed through experiences and life?

For example stanza one states "the bucket" "the ladder" "white lie" which represents child hood.

The composer then goes on to talk about adolecense throught the "bully" in life.

Then in the 4th stanza, through enjabment (no pauses between lines) the composer represents his view of change to adult hood where everything is fast with hustle and buslte.

Lastly the composer gives connotations of death "sleeping alone" "issue of your next breath" (ageing).

If anyone can see this plz reply because so far i feel pissed off that im the only one... hay maybe its a good thing.

tezzat85

The poem is fucked! I did jack all for that 3 mark question on the poem! Ironcially (haha, get it?) I chose text 1 and 2 for that discriminator and I don't think i did too bad for it! I reckon if I had more time I could have at least had a go at that 3 amrk question on the poem. Btw, anyone wrote about the picture with a plane...a story of you being hi-jacked blah blah blah?

vach

HSC
Dude i bet half the population of NSW wrote about terrorist bombings haha i recon i geeked the poem part everyone is like wtf is enjabment, i wrote about some crap in the creative writing section, turned me on the way i moulded words ;)

Winston

HSC
I believe this section really seperates the sheep from the dogs, it truly allows a good english student to shine, instead of the ones who just persistantly study and regurgitate essays. Most people had missed the point that change shouldn't really blatantly be revealed, and thus being stuck on things to speak about change in these texts, they didn't understand that some of the aspects of change in the texts were hidden within the text and required you to think outside the box at times.

Last edited:

lambkin

I used texts one and three for part (d).. I ran out of things to say about text three though, and started talking about it as not only an exploration of physical/environmental change, but as a metaphor for the everchanging political world. Maybe the markers will pity me for my temporary insanity..

(On a side note, I don't know how many times i've written the f*cking word 'change' today, but it's reaaaally starting to get to me)

vach

HSC
Just be happy that you can forget all about it now and concentrate on modules ;) enjoy the rest of your life depends on these few weeks.

p.s. (do not kill your self, theres always life after the hsc but not a life so good if you did well ;))

DC10

text 3... i was writing stuff (which i forgot) and then i suddenly mentioned microcosm and macrocosm - the comparison between the island's wearing down and new ones growing up and the macrocosm - the universe opening and expanding, and also 'One by one the stars will fade and the earth will be left, an island in the night'
comparison?

and a bit like fractals? - although i never really studied 'fractals' from the BoS booklet anyway...

or change is ever lasting?

Dangar

Originally posted by vach
Am i the only person who saw the connection with text 2(the poem) with the average life of the human being and as it changed through experiences and life?

For example stanza one states "the bucket" "the ladder" "white lie" which represents child hood.

The composer then goes on to talk about adolecense throught the "bully" in life.

Then in the 4th stanza, through enjabment (no pauses between lines) the composer represents his view of change to adult hood where everything is fast with hustle and buslte.

Lastly the composer gives connotations of death "sleeping alone" "issue of your next breath" (ageing).

If anyone can see this plz reply because so far i feel pissed off that im the only one... hay maybe its a good thing.
Hey don't worry...it sounds excellent!! My biggest problem was with the poem, I was stuck for techniques... and you're so right Winston, it does separate us out and unfortunately I'm not one of the good students :( anyway I said that the whole universe, crystal sphere thing was an analogy, although I now see it is a metaphor. Damn.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Would it have been okay to say for text 3 that although her view is that change is ongoing, it may end, as signalled by that whole thing about 'that process may not continue forever'? it can't be contradictory because ongoing doesn't neccessarily mean ever lasting, does it?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by vach

That sounds really good. Damn, I am so dumb, I swear I can't think clearly in pressure situations:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)