Official Question 2 Thread - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Xena W.Priness

ekh! section one and two were reasonable, like no surprises there, but section two, first of all i spewed at the freakin boringnature of those pics. and to make things worse all creatice flare left me, i ended up writing about a psychotic chick, who got dumped cos her boyfriends feelings " changed" and she ended up hating change and constantly sat under the sky gazing at planes so as to create routine and never change!
wtf was i thinking!!!!!
i wrote total rubbish two and a half pages long!!!
ah well its done now!!!
booohooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Freakin_Ot_Gal

oh thats would be better than mine, i wrote crap about a poor family experiencing change in their life from a bush fire, i think you have no worries love!!

nerdd

Re: ...

Originally posted by Mathematician
He burned up the bush..
muahahah my person burned up the bush as well!
lol. my story was so crap. 4 pages. argh.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i wrote 2 and a half pages about a stalker having a whinge about how he was supposed to marry the chick in the wedding photo and he realises how she will never be with him
i was gunna make him put poison or something in the grooms champagne.. but i couldn't work it in

Pepani

Jixxt Designer
HSC
hmm.. i wrote 8 and a half pags on this question. i thinki got carried away... but i prolly got crappy.. cos my story was cliched and not very original...
it was about this girl, when she was young her best friend was married off to a man and she as kept as a possesion and then she learnt taht when she was born an arrangment had been made that she herself was goin to marry a man 13yrs older that her. Then her friends get killed in honour of the family.
and she gets fed up about being one a six wives.. and she runs off with some foreigner and gets married.

ehhh... *cries*

f001error

i LOVED that question.

i used the Air craft image.

since it was about images of change, i had a Airforce Vet with post-traumatic stress disorder flicking through a photo album thinking back on that one missison that changed his life, when his plane caught alight and he watched his copilot get burned alive, while he desperatly slamed the plane into the sea; a desperate act that, some how worked (repressed truamatic memory) and he survived. but not before a graphic decription of the flames and burning :D he swore he would never fly again.

anyway it ends with him hobbling over and boarding the plane.

so the aspects of change it explores is

- Traumatic change is the most perminate
- No change is trully perminate, excepting death
- Time is the greatest force on change
- Changes in other people, change you
- theres more but i cant remember them now

to meet the question about images of change or some such, i had him flip through photos and talk about the image of his best mate burning being perminatly engraved into his memories

i really really really liked that one, but i really want it back now...maybe they like the imagary enough and it will be in the standards package :cool:

hehe i wonder if the markers look at this page...if so i think i might be bothered to list all the aspects of change i explored

pony69

I think i went alittle 'too' out there with mine, with it being about a 15 y/o boy who burns down the country side the sets himself on fire. lol, i dont know. At least its not boring i suppose.....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
My prepared story worked fitted the question like a glove, so no worries here

moo/pokie

well i absolutely fucked this section with my two pages of absolute bullshit that wasnt even a story. i have no idea what i was thinking when i wrote about this section.
i seriously think i will get like 4/15......if that
i did it so wrong GGGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

my friend also thought it was a storm and not a fire!!

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
OMG!! I didnt mention anything about the mobile phone, i just wrote about the picture... i wrote about a little boy from a war torn land whos father got shot by soldiers and was on the plane to Australia, i thought that id tap into the emotional side of the markers

clemtinite

Mm.
I have mixed feelings about this.
I doubt that I will go as well as I went in the trial, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I used the wedding picture which, although I figured (correctly, it turns out) everybody else would use it too, was the best and generally the easiest (especially after being totally tripped up by a few of the questions in section one leaving me with less than desirable time >< ).

I wrote from the perspective of the father of the bride, deeply jealous and hurt that this less than intelligent man had taken his daughter of 23 years away from him in less than 5. Mostly inner monologue, he speaks of her childhood and various important points in her life etc. etc. etc. always bordering and sometimes even achieving a state of utter clich, but that was intentional.
So basically he makes a speech and his inner monologue contrasts greatly with what he actually says, he is evidently a selfish man etc. etc. more clichs but hey, I'm young and I rely on clichs to fill out the story (or I'm too lazy or something, I can never decide which).
After the speeches are all over (for all of which he is basically zoned out), he gets up and walks around, takes a piece of cake. He goes to a board on one of the courtyard walls which was made up by his wife and his mother, of his daughter throughout her life, when she was newly born, when she was an infant, her eighth birthday party etc. etc. sentimentality etc. clich etc. When gets to the bottom of the board, he sees that on the left side there is an old photograph of him and his daughter at some young age on his shoulders, smiling and having fun. Directly next to it there is a sharp, digital photo print of his daughter at her current age in the arms of her new husband. The last line was something like.
"He threw his cake into the bin and went back to his place at the table, to let age take it's toll."

And that's that. Oh it's not bad. I'd be interested to see what they think (so often they dig massively cliched things).
All in all I think I wrote... seven pages... I can't remember - I was rushing at the time.

Last edited:

rushworld

HSC
I ended my story on a wonderful note, the guy died. I always seem to kill my characters off hoping for the sympathy vote by the markers or something. Perhaps I'll just have a psychiatrict team come to my house and take me away.

Oh yeah, I wrote about the wedding photo, about the guy getting married and realising it was the biggest mistake of his life but he can't change it now. And it goes on throughout the years about him having a child and watching things happen around him and blah blah... Hope I did alright, I did this section first cause I like creative pieces and I needed the confidence to attempt the other two sections.

doma

rite...
HSC
who else used the mobile as thier image?

j/k, but out of 60,000 so students at least a few got confused?

well i did the marraige one, guy talking about how he changed to be such a good bloke and changing again to be a family man and stuff.. damn i dunno if i did good, ended up sounding more liek a personal recount or reflection or sumthing

djfadz

i have an english tutor so 3 days before the exam i went to her and asked her "What the hell can i write for the creative writing section?" and she said to me "Just write some sms convo or something". So to my amazement i was soo happy they said we could commence our reading time i flicked to the page that the creative writting was on and sitting there was a picture of a mobile phone with pictures coming out of it. I jsut did a sms conversation between a grand daughter and a grandma and the daughter sent a pic of the wedding on the mobile. i was happy. I prob won't get that good of a mark but at least i wasn't stuck for things to write....:) ehehhehe

anyway

yeah

ENGLISH ROUND II HERE I COME!!!!

"CRAMING IS THE KEY TO ALL SUCCESS!!!"

Winston

HSC
This section was definately far more easier in respect to previous year questions, it really allowed Change to be apporached at many angles, and it allowed any candidate to successfully compose a piece of writing whether or not their aptitude revolves around creative writing, in comparison to the 2002 and 2001 Creative writing questions, this years Question was unique and original.

a little lost

relationships pfft
well i picked the plane image because it reminded of the oversaes funeral i had to go to during stuvac. Which was my granpa's and how the plane no longer symbolises joy and freedom to me because when i boarded the plane this time i wasn't going on a holiday but to a funeral and that my perspective on death and the suffering the friends and familiy have to go through has changed forever. Also that it was a new experience for me as in a change in environment cause i can't remember being in a situation where the place had such intense emotional outpouring of greath. I was so emotional during the piece that i was about to burst into tears. Luck i didn't though otherwise would have just totally stuffed me up.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Couldn't be bothered reading all the other posts, but here's mine anyway:

I used the climber picture, but I wrote from the view of the mountain. I tried to be clever in that I spoke as if I were the man (not explaining that) until the end, and I emphasised how for everything that changes something else stays the same (last line: "it's all the same to me")

It was only two pages (maybe three, I forget) but hopefully they'll like it

kommandant88

i wrote a creative story and incorporated my pic the plane one till i got to the ending is that alright...the story itself has nothing to do with the plane its just part of the ending isnt that alright? i think it said you can use a pic as the basis of your beginning or ending but im not fully sure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)