Official Question 3 Thread - Change Response (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
I was very happy with this question, no suprises whatsoever
yeah...same here. it was very open ended, which i loved, coz i just inserted my memorised essay, along with few rhetorical questions etc. ;)

bjMaxx

nice idea about the bonus dvd, braindrainedAsh. i wish i had thought of that - i just converted my film in to a screenplay and, luckily, remembered the name of the writer.
overall, this was a mad question - and i filled about 10 pages - i swear i could have gone on longer.

Moonfrog

The book was called representations of change and isn't therefore valid that in the book there could be a discussion on a film? The BOS tells us that a film is a valid text, so surely they wouldn't design a question to exclude people from talking about films?

pri

HSC
N/A
hehe I did the screenplay thing too for my film, but I mentioned visual techniques pretending the audience had watched my film (plesantville)

I thought this was a great question coz u could mention specific parts of ur text by saying they are extracts to be included in the collection, and speeches for me are easy coz the language doesnt have to be so serious.

I was happy...It 'll make up for my poor sec 1 and 2 performance

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
i didnt manage my time properly...

had 5 mins to go and still had to discuss my second piece of r.material and conclude it creatively...

after scribbling furiously watever i could just slap down... i ended up sayin somethin like 'ladies and gentlemen...alas, ive run out of time, but please stay for drinks and canapes in the foyer. hope u enjoy the book, thankyou..." ! ! !

AAAGH. im hoping for a pass!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Bolkonski
I know this is pretty maticulous and pedantic but, the question was about a collection of works in a book yeah, so what if one of your owns texts was a film?. Will they disregard a film you talk about?
QUOTE]Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Since one of my texts was a film, I said it came with the book as an additional DVD lol. [/QUOTE]
same
Originally posted by tekster
I thought the question was pretty straight forward.. Managed to do 11 pages (only because I compromised section 2) :(
same, but i always compromise section 2

and i thought it was pretty good, anything could be talked about

N

ND

Umm everyone saying you had to use books, didn't it just say "a presentation at a book store" (i don't ahve the paper here with me), i don't think they expected you to talk about books only. Afterall they're always talking about "variety of textual forms". I think the "book store" part was giving you the intended audience - intellectuals, so they expect sophisticated language.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i was really happy with section 3 question cos i'm good at writing speeches and have done a lot of public speaking in my time! i managed to put in all the relevant info and then some. i did this section 2nd so i wouldnt run out of time at the end... wrote for about 47 mins so i managed to write quite a bit!
yeah, i hope i do well cos i got full marks for both half yearly and trial for the change response

also... the person who said you get higher marks if you do two related texts... thats a crock of shit. if you do one in depth and have great discussion of change etc, they're hardly going to giveyou less marks. if they wanted more than one , and it was impossible to get full marks without more than one, they would have said in the question "related texts of your own choosing". they didnt. they said at least one. if you do two texts in shallow detail then you're not necassarily going to get a better mark

golden rule: QUALITY not QUANTITY

skool_angel

i cant believe i 4got to write techniquez techniquez techniquez techniquez techniquez techniquez thats half my marks gone!!!!:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad1:

xanthanotus

HSC
the question was about a book launch.....so i asume that ment you were talking about a 'book'

exact question...."you have been invited to speak at the book launch of a new collection entitled Representations of change...... blach blah blah

Leanne

HSC
well i think i sucked at section 1...had no idea what to say or how to say it......and it got me all frazzeled and i think i took too much time on it....ah well....i'm happy with the story and the speech wasn't too bad...i was actually going to do it 2nd, but in the end decided t do it last...perhaps a fatal mistake cos i was too busy trying to squeeze in techniques and may not have 'assessed' it enough.........ah well.....

Nomes

No it said BOOKLAUNCH, not bookstore. I think BOS made a stuff up there.

dylan86

i'd just like to say that my prescribed text was a FILM (much ado about nothing) so I had no choice but to use a film as a text, so if u did i think it'll be ok

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by xanthanotus
the question was about a book launch.....so i asume that ment you were talking about a 'book'

exact question...."you have been invited to speak at the book launch of a new collection entitled Representations of change...... blach blah blah
It said a book launch for a collection entitled "whatever"... the word collection lends itself to the idea that it could be a variety of text types.

vegeta_316

Originally posted by Moonfrog
The book was called representations of change and isn't therefore valid that in the book there could be a discussion on a film? The BOS tells us that a film is a valid text, so surely they wouldn't design a question to exclude people from talking about films?
That was my take on the question for me to discuss my film text. Since the question stated "change represented in the texts included in this collection" I specifically made reference to a film text that had a summary of events in the actual "Representations of Change" book. Basically I saw the "Rpresentations of Change" book as an RTF and what do you do in an RTF if you wanna discuss a film?? Discuss the film but include a summary of it in your RTF. I'm sure in that way you could use a film text.

Overall I thought I nailed the paper. I never felt that good coming out of an english exam than I did today. This is probably largely due to my preperation for english which I really prepared for. It's amazing how well you write when you are actually prepared for english. I mean, I'm sure throughout the year that 80% of us, were never that confident of their knowledge going into an exam. Today was different for me and I mean really different because throughout the year I've bludged through english not giving it my all. Today however was great.
Filled the booklet completely but I was more proud of my integration of texts and very clear and cut response. I mean integration of texts is looked upon very well by markers and I thought I integrated very well.

Can't wait till wed. :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Just a question for English guru's

Does representations of change mean like how change is represented through techniques and the variety of concepts (for instance change is an active choice)...

Coz that is what I did...

I wrote 2 1/2 pages :D

Comp pages that is!!!

~SArAh~B~

Mmmm.... everyone is scaring me with how much they have written and whether film is it or not. We can't do much about it now if we have stuffed up. I thought section 3 was reasonably ok but i was disappointed that i couldn't have used 2 of skrzyneckis poem, i only got to explore one in depth. AND for that person who said using 2 texts is a load of crap if you do one in depth... your wrong. If you look at the criteria, many assess that if you don't have two you can't get over a good band 4 answer.... BUT then again, if you argued your point well then they might be a nice marker????

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I agree with vegeta, it must be a collection of books about representation of change, a book about techniques used in the texts, not the texts itself. Otherwise, how will the people that does the prescribed text radiance, which is a film, do in the question?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by gmraso
The question was at least one, therefore if you did one very well that is quite ok. (actually most of last years exemplars only had one supp. of their own choosin)
yeah exactly Sarah B, what the hell? have you seen last year's examplar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)