Official Question 3 Thread - Change Response (1 Viewer)

ChaoS-GoD

i forgot it was a speech!!! NOOOO!! :(
started it off as a speech, "ladies and gentlemen... blah blah", but i ended it with an essay conclusion!! completely forgot! im gonna get crap marks... hope i get a really nice marker :'(

mon_mon

HSC
well, i didn't mind it, used a movie, natch, but i dont care. i just skipped teh book bit, or really i slid around it and thus im hopijng they wont mind. but surely they cant mind, i mean alot of people's prescribed were movies.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Nah, if you at least showed somewhere that you recognised it was a speech and OCCASIONALLY used some colloquialisms here and there, it shouldn't matter how you ended.

On the whole I thought it was a fairly reasonable and open-ended question. I got a bit freaked out when I needed a second booklet and then got more freaked out when my friend used 3 BOOKLETS!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i guess a speech was alrite..... not as bad as something obscure as a leaflet or (worse) feature article or something..... cuz i shit at those

overal speech is alrite..... although i fink i haf a bad openin... well, sorta ordinary:

good mornin ladies and gentle men...... prolly won't stand out that much.....

tempco

HSC
Hehe.. mine was just "Good morning, and thank you for coming.." since it's at a book release thing, so I thought that it would be the most appropriate start.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
my was the start "wow, wat a honor it is to lauch....

then the rest of the thing i wrote was an essay

Kn1ght_M4r3

In your answer you will be assessed on how well you:
- demonstrate understanding of the concept of change in the context of your study.

- analyse, explain and assess the ways change is represented in a variety of texts. [ rite here guyz . that one ]

-organise , develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and context.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I started mine off with a semi-rhetorical intro, talking about how change is paradoxical, being universal yet individually received, and represented, leading into my texts.

It went pretty decently, with one downside.. Didn't quite finish the essay, only just beginning my last text ('Sky High') as time ran out, which was quite annoying.. Bound to lose at least some marks. Ooops.

The question itself wasn't bad, just the time constraint.

Apathetic

I thought section III was quite good. Although it was sometimes hard to keep within the context of the speech, I thought I did quite well.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to comment..
If the question says at least one related text, and u only use one, u wont get looked down upon if u do it as well as someone that used 3 related texts.

Beaky - representations of change yeah would be how change is shown through a variety of texts' concepts and techniques

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Just to comment..
If the question says at least one related text, and u only use one, u wont get looked down upon if u do it as well as someone that used 3 related texts.
that was what i was thinking at the start...and then my teacher goes do 2, cos its better...oh well..no harm

nerdd

Originally posted by Bolkonski
I know this is pretty maticulous and pedantic but, the question was about a collection of works in a book yeah, so what if one of your owns texts was a film?. Will they disregard a film you talk about?
it wasn't the launch of a book that INCLUDED your texts......... was it...? haha
wasn't it just that u were AT a book launch, and you were just there to convey all the ways in which change could be represented?

f001error

i slightly fucked this one up.

i had a constant theme through out the dicussion of the texts, but just as i was pulling out the really intresting links "pens down" so i still linked them, and it was definatly a speech, i even justified why the hell im gonna be talking about texts and threw in those lame speech jokes; but hey the english markers might like that sorta dry humour. i also added *pauses for dramatic effect* and crap like that to make it clear im doing a speech

Supaneo

I began this exam with Question 3.

I wrote a total of 11 pages which consisted of large handwriting.

Previously i had small, unreadable writing but not it's all good.

Speech was excellent! Although i wrote by name as the speaker in the spurr of things... Does that affect me in anyway?

My most interesting quality about my speech was - you know how the question asked how the person was invited - i used this as a idea of humour to introduce my text - Gwen Harwood - similiar to this question was the text of Prize Giving.

Get it Advanced/Changing self - Harwood People?

My English teacher who is head of English at our school thought it was an OMG interesting..no sarcasm!

I wrote 2 prescribed, 1 stim, and 1 other related in depth..

11 pages though - i added humour and 'ladies and gentleman' was repeated 7 times.

I feel good about this as i spend enough time on it - 70minutes..

I know I know! Im still happy though!

Last edited:

sillychikki

HSC
Originally posted by ~SArAh~B~
Mmmm.... everyone is scaring me with how much they have written and whether film is it or not. We can't do much about it now if we have stuffed up. I thought section 3 was reasonably ok but i was disappointed that i couldn't have used 2 of skrzyneckis poem, i only got to explore one in depth.
Thank god i wasnt the only one to only write about one skrzynecki poem! I totally stressed about it afterward. However, i did it in depth and spoke about techniques, which hopefully counts for something. Plus i used two poems in my trial and was shot down for it by school markers.

I had probs about whether to do film or not, like heaps of other ppl seem to have thought. I decided against it, deducing that it was a book launch and therefore for written texts?

Speech itself was ok, different into and conclusion and its all good. Didnt use more colloquial language because we were advised against it by teachers, being told that we were being examined on our use of sophisticated language. Used two texts of own choosing because it said at least... basically more than one if you want any form of good marks. Finished it, average length so on the whole im relieved i didnt screw it up.

Winston

HSC
I think the worst thing the BOS can do is time allocation for us, after all we did spend one whole yr studying this text, they should give us a bit more time in writing our response and making it more sound. I found that i can write about my texts with confidence, but applying it in that text type required you to add some form of intervention between yourself as the speaker and the audience, which hence from the time allocated for this section wasn't sufficient for us to do so, i had enough time to talk about my set text, stimulus text, and a supplementary text but barely could of added a few humourous lines here and there to add a touch of appeal to the speech, but what's done is done, overall this section wasn't too harsh on us this year, and having the same question for all three focus areas, had made the concluding of this AOS Focus a good one.

eeyore

i did a film but i kind of assumed that they wouldn't care if it was a film so i used it anyway

beemo

as far as using multiple supp texts, 2 good is better then 1 good is better then 2 bad. make sense?

question.
Did the term assess mean we gotta give sum kinda evaluation? if so, im screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)