• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Semester 1 (2007) Exams Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquis de Leng

HSC
Re: Official Semester 1 Exams Thread

Yeah I'm like that too, which is why I left. I needed to get a good foundation understanding before moving on but the amount deterred me so I never really go through much of the content as much as I tried. Even if I did I forgot most of it the next day.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

tussitussa said:
Yes, something like that.. have to find related legislation/cases, etc.

I try to really understand every single thing I come across when I study, and when I don't I am usually reluctant to move on to the next point
fdsf;ldkslfkls;dkflsd;fskdlfs;ldf
this wouldn't be that much of a problem if I actually studied (not for assignments due before but for the final) beforehand. Fuck laziness.
I'm so jealous of you stas you don't have that much left to study do you..
during exam periods i promise myself i'll start "behaving" next semester but ..
Oh what subject is this for? Basically I tried to do ALL the readings during the semester. It's really paid off. I mean, right now I have time to play sexbox 360 until I go to sleep. I'm not stressed at all. Unfortunately as the assessment period came (lol) along I didn't have time to make notes, but basically, I'll only be catching up for around 4 weeks of content per subject (which only takes a few days, each)

tussitussa said:
did you actually finish them that day? You actually implemented and accomplished your plans?

......................MAYBE it's time for me to keep my plan more realistic. or start trying my best and stop wasting time complaining like a piggybank craving confectionery
Well, I didn't finish 2 of the readings yesterday that I wanted to do all the way, but I did them when I woke up (only took about an hour).

I've now officially finished everything that I needed to do :) - i.e. all my notes on the lectures and readings for services marketing.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

got SOME study done, almost finished basic notes for all subjects, then got to go deeper in depth, readings, tutorial questions, textbook etc.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

for me it's
tomorrow- Samuel johnson and turkish embassy letters
friday- tom jones and robinson crusoe, maybe the busy-body
saturday-edup (haven't decided how im going to study for this one yet)
sunday- edup
monday- edup
tuesday- engl and edup cramming session
wednesday- ENGLISH AND EDUCATION EXAMZZZ. engl finishes at 2, edup starts at 3. I sure hope engl doesn't finish late because I have to walk from old teachers college to fekking carriageworks. And i'd really rather not run.

then i have a whole week to study for an open book science foundations exam, which I could probably pass right now. why did my 2 essay subjects have to be on the same day.

On the plus side, I plan on procrastinating by going to the gym so I'll be very very fit by the end of it all.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A

Marquis de Leng said:
Yeah I'm like that too, which is why I left. I needed to get a good foundation understanding before moving on but the amount deterred me so I never really go through much of the content as much as I tried. Even if I did I forgot most of it the next day.
That's perhaps because you had little to no interest in the subject you were studying. If you were interested.. even if you scanned through it, you may still remember it after a while.

stazi said:
Oh what subject is this for? Basically I tried to do ALL the readings during the semester. It's really paid off. I mean, right now I have time to play sexbox 360 until I go to sleep. I'm not stressed at all. Unfortunately as the assessment period came (lol) along I didn't have time to make notes, but basically, I'll only be catching up for around 4 weeks of content per subject (which only takes a few days, each)
Corporations Law. What I'm really worried about. I'm actually worried about all my subjects right now. This is how unprepared I feel, especially since I overloaded.. and the exams aren't exactly "spreaded out" in the two weeks. it feels like such a rocky ride.
So good, you still have time to play.. and you deserve it.. I don't even deserve to be on BoS right now :( I stopped studying at 6pm and "played" till now. Bad decision to switch on the computer!

During semester.. other than doing assignments/homework, how much time did you spend studying everyday? (on average)

stazi said:
Well, I didn't finish 2 of the readings yesterday that I wanted to do all the way, but I did them when I woke up (only took about an hour).

I've now officially finished everything that I needed to do :) - i.e. all my notes on the lectures and readings for services marketing.
:eek: ..only 1 hour?! Good for you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

tussitussa said:
During semester.. other than doing assignments/homework, how much time did you spend studying everyday? (on average)
Probably about 3 hours/day, but that also usually frees up a full day or two on the weekend for going out/not studying/jerking off

:eek: ..only 1 hour?! Good for you.
I only had 10 pages to read in my text, and the journal article was easy, as it had a great executive summary i just summarised the points from. The rest of the stuff took way longer :(

CLAW study day tomorrow

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

I'm going pretty well for ancient Greece, on the assumption that the vase question will be general enough for me to just talk about why Beazley's method is largely pointless. I could go for pages about it and not say anything original, but oh well. It's a junior subject. Need to go over my essay notes for Sparta as well.

Anyone doing GOVT1101? Is there anything we need to do beyond going over notes and readings? The questions in the sample paper seemed pretty straightforward.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Wah my little sister is at home sick today, and she won't stop whinging about it. She's all "Wow my voice sounds so strange, my left ear is blocked, my nose hurts, I slept til 1 today, did you feed the animals, what else is on TV, what are you doing, what's for lunch, can i have some, its cold, i can't sing high notes".

Should have sent her to school so I got some quiet. I've locked myself up with the computer and its possible she may have fallen asleep on the couch.

In 18th century literature news, the 18th century was fair boring. I might watch Blackadder. Samuel johnson is in one of the episodes, so it surely counts as studying.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

i slept in till 30 minutes ago, whole day= wasted :(:(

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC

MATH3961 - Fucked for exam, and didn't submit 2 of the three assignments (so ~13% of the marks lost by default).
ELEC2301 - Fucked for exam, didn't turn up to half the labs (4%), mid-semester exam (12%) or submit my assignment (8%).
ELEC1601 - Will pass, beyond that I don't know.
SOFT1901 - Will nail the exam.

EDIT: Why am I posting on this account, you might ask? Because some random cunt PMed me on it promoting his religion and I forgot to log out.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

This was to mock someone whose name was ALANISFILO or something to that effect.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC

we just had pur exams cos of prac...one of the dudes ddecided that he didnt know anythinng so he just didnt turn up to the exam... had to get a blood test to proove he was sick

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Katie123 said:
we just had pur exams cos of prac...one of the dudes ddecided that he didnt know anythinng so he just didnt turn up to the exam... had to get a blood test to proove he was sick
let me guess, you got drunk to celebrate?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Katie123 said:
you typed it like a drunk person (lots of double-letters)

tennille

HSC

Studied for BCHM3971 and a bit of CHEM3912. Having a break now, but will be getting back to studying soon. :(

Oh, and where the fuck is Quad McRae Room S418? I always seem to have really odd rooms. =/

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

hurrah, all psych notes are finished, just a bit of maths, then hopefully i can at least past, need to do more work to go well tho

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I totally fail at studying today :( Only just starting. I did get an awesome Universal remote contlol though.

My study plan to motivate myself

Commercial Law

Thursday

SUMMARIES OF:
  • Textbook Chapter 30 up to p. 723
  • Textbook Chapter 30 Case Extracts
  • Complete notes on mitigation, etc. from lecture slides (Remedies for breach 1.doc)
  • Textbook Chapter 31 (pp. 728-733) - up to specific performance
  • Textbook Chapter 31 Case Extracts: p. 741, para 27.15, p. 745, para 28.140
  • Textbook Chapter 31 p. 735 - 741
  • Textbook Chapter 32

Friday
  • Textbook Chapter ? pp. 147-160
  • Textbook Case Extract p. 197
  • Textbook Case Extract p. 208
  • Textbook pp. 160-163
  • Carabetta, G. and Coleman C. (2005) EXCEPT NO TAXATION
  • Carabetta, G. Joseph. (2003) Read Part II A ‘Introduction’ and Part II C The ‘Original Powers’ Doctrine.
  • Textbook pp. 176-193
  • Text, Volume II, Part 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)