Official UAI Thread: Post your UAI's here (2 Viewers)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
98.25 is sufficient if you successfully obtain a distinction average.

If you are a diligent student and put in the work, it shouldn't be too difficult to obtain that distinction average either.

Candypants

98.75 - am incredibly pleased.

Just goes to show you can work 8 hrs/ week all throughout the year, go clubbing every Saturday night, and have your Aunty pass away a wek before the HSC and still get a good mark.

sophay

OMG!!!!!!! I GOT 100!!!! I so wasnt expecting that at all...hold on let me get my puffer here ( Im about to pass out from not being able to breathe properly)....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... well done to everyone else as well.....

abrittain

We Rock

You wouldnt believe this Sleahy, but so did i, yay, join the 100 club, we rock!!!!

flyordie

:(

it sux how u get pretty good hsc marks but ur uai is shit.

e.g me. i did pretty well in my results except for one damn subject and that subject goes ahead and drags down my uai completely.

congrats to all who got real high UAIs. u dont kno how green my eyes are rite now. hope u enjoy uni...something i wont get to experience.

somborac

HSC
abrittain said:
You wouldnt believe this Sleahy, but so did i, yay, join the 100 club, we rock!!!!
now its time to step outside ur room, see the sunlight for the first time in 2 years and close thoise books which heavnt been closed for the last 2 years

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
somborac said:
now its time to step outside ur room, see the sunlight for the first time in 2 years and close thoise books which heavnt been closed for the last 2 years
Didnt youre parents ever tell you, jealousy is a curse. :)

miso

HSC
you guys are really intimidating, but nonetheless i will post up my uai cos i'm still proud of myself!

my uai...wait for it....83.30!!!!! i guess i should have studied more instead of playing zuma...lolz

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
mz_purfect said:
sorry guys but i must b like de most 'uninformed' hsc student eva...neway i got dis dumb question to ask...is it possible for ppl to get de same UAI like 2+ ppl gettin 99.05 or woteva???
You will find that 22 students got 100.00 in 2003. Although UAI is a rank, many people can be ranked equally.

HSC
well aren't some ppl lucky but congratalations!:p Well i was happy on friday with marks of 83, 81, 72, 71, 69 , 64 but to get uai on saturday of 71.30 was not very good. I guess it's time to find other alternatives to study what i want 2:(

Well done everybody we did the best we all could

clancy04

I'm curious as to know what the people who receive a UAI of one hundred actually get in terms of monetary awards etc. I know they get their jubilant faces in the paper and some comment about ..."Indeed, law at USYD is my first preference...of course, hahaha". They also get to enjoy the laudatory comments posted in such forums as these and the praise of their friends and family. They will undoubtedly hold a sense of utmost superiority over the rest of us. However, does this translate into much? I mean, from a brief scan of the UAC book, it appears that the hightest UAI is 99.6 [correct me if I am wrong -v. brief look]. Furthermore, I have been given the distinct impression by many past and present successful university students, that the UAI's importance is rendered obsolete as time passes, often with people unable to recall their mark only 5 years down the track etc. Would not it be utterly pretentious and embarrassing to include your UAI in a resume?
So aside from the obvious what do they receive...

By the way this is just my jealous alter ego musing, I call him BeelzeBob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well those at USYD who score 100 or 99.95 get $5000/yr scholarships for 5 years or something like that. It is most likely like that at many Go8 unis.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hmmm

my UAI is 93

should i be dissapointed?

this thread makes me feel that way :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)