Oh the wonders of O-week! (the free stuff thread) (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
I cant seem to do this freebie thing.. hence the only thing i've scored is a little cuppa juice..

Funniest thing was how some fob from some chinese society tried to make me join... and I had no idea what he was saying due to his accent.. I heard "international", then I said, "I'm not an international student".. then I got him confused, he got me more confused, and in the end, he gave up and said, "dont worry" with his hands up in the air and let me go..

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
lol

WHERE ARE THESE NOODLES?!?!?!
The only thing I know about free noodles is that i saw Lauren (as she came to visit the mentor stall) with a whole load of noodle packets in her green bag. :p
(I, on the other hand, remain noodle-less). I think the free noodles where somewhere between the free fairy floss and the Ikea bubble, as Lauren came from that way when I saw her with the stash.

HSC
N/A
argh

List for tomorrow:

- FIND NOODLES
- do the IKEA game
- get some fairy floss
- get another water pistol

and any other fun things I find.
- get another free sausage sandwich

garesuka

HSC
N/A
Only free thing I was offered was a packet of those mame noodle things from the Commonwealth Bank people. Which I passed on, then she said "Fine no free stuff for you!". Her friend jumped in front and said "Just Kidding here you go". Now I got an enviro bag of brochures :mad1:

My friend won a pair of Goggles from the boot of a car at the NRMA Insurance stand though... and another friend got 4 Telstra Prepaid starter kits from the wheel thing.

Real usefull stuff.

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
lol

WHERE ARE THESE NOODLES?!?!?!
kinda near the ikea stall...near the place with the umbrellas..that general area anyway

AsyLum said:
*pats stash of Trident Cup Noodles*
Who ever said there's no such thing as a free lunch?

I have a stash too :p of iced tea and noodles...the noodle ppl don't care how many packets u take but the iced tea ppl get a little aggressive with the more conspicuous tea horders.. the trick is to just casually take another bottle each time u pass...i began to wonder if this is how shop lifters do it...*pensive*

Also i entered to win a laptop and an ipod...the odds r crap but u never know!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Really? I stood there with 2 mates and we drank about 5-6 bottles of tea each. They laughed and we came back about 6-7 times in the space of half an hour :p

HSC
N/A
I love O-week. Most of the stall people are totally down with us taking their free stuff and ignoring all their brochures/info etc. so much love for mq right now.

ALLLICE

HSC
When i was there there was this Lipton chick that kept saying "one per person" to people who tried to take 2 or more bottles.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
When i was there there was this Lipton chick that kept saying "one per person" to people who tried to take 2 or more bottles.
You need to show a little cleavage like I did ;)

Works on most stalls, except the hillsongers, they banished me to purgatory, otherwise known as the cafeteria.

ALLLICE

HSC
The golden rule for avoiding the hillsongers seems to be "DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"... but hey, showing cleavage could be win-win then eh

i got haggled pretty bad into joining the debating society...they just wouldn't stop! but they got side traked by some randoms from 'The Australian' so i made a break for it before they could force my details out of me... while i was leaving they were like 'don't forget to come to the debate next monday!'

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, I might see you at the bbq thing then, I should go join them some time...I keep forgetting to join this year

ALLLICE

HSC
well i'm "thinking about" joining the debating society..it seems interesting and all but public speaking isn't exactly my forte...but i think i will join filmsoc- $5 for movies all year is a pretty good selling point

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, it doesn't matter if you've never debated before or anything, they have special tournaments for people who are new to it, and theres no way you're going to get better at it than to keep doing it :)

and yeah filmsoc woo

ALLLICE

HSC
well MAYBE i'll join the debating ppl..i dunno..i'd have to con one of friends into joining with me before i signed up for it though...eep new ppl.. lol

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
except the hillsongers, they banished me to purgatory, otherwise known as the cafeteria.
don't you mean FROM the cafeteria?

that being said, they're everywhere :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)