OK who's actually got an established idea??? (1 Viewer)

stayfocused

HSC
Has anyone actually started their physical BOW or is it still in the VAPD stage brainstorming etc. im stressin out cos we're sposed to have our whole artwork planned for when we go back which is in umm.... 4 DAYS!!!!!

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
i haven't got my actual artwork planned. I have the idea but :) and three artbooks- one so full it is really fat with all crazy colours and pictures poking out, a reference book (1/2full) and a neat book with pretty drawings and ideas (1/4) full.

I wouldn't worry so much. At art ext most of the ppl i talked to hadn;t really put pen to paper, and out of those that did nobody had anything set in concrete- it was just formulating ideas. Are you certain that you must have your actual work fully planned and ready to be started?

I can't decide whether I should do a collection...or panels linking everything together.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I have everything organised now the biggest issue I have is actually starting it ....
Does anyone have a problem with remembering to write things down in your VAPD?

Insouciance

HSC
VonDavis said:
I have everything organised now the biggest issue I have is actually starting it ....
Does anyone have a problem with remembering to write things down in your VAPD?
Oh yeah, major way. I had a stack of stuff I had to stick in the night before I went back to school. :(

Stubes

One, Two, Step
HSC
I am going to use photography and appropriation.

I have already planned my artwork in Year 11 and the concept is pretty good IMO so i feel confident about it. Now i will spend time doing test photo's on objects.

lunatique56

stayfocused2 said:
Has anyone actually started their physical BOW or is it still in the VAPD stage brainstorming etc. im stressin out cos we're sposed to have our whole artwork planned for when we go back which is in umm.... 4 DAYS!!!!!
I went through about six ideas until reached a cemented idea (which came to me onli last week...wonder if my fickle-ness will come into effect soon). But I'm *kinda* positive this one will work. once i get midyearlies out of the way, i hope to start it.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
It took me awhile to get all my ideas down in my VAPD but i've finally reached a set idea and hope to start my Major Work this coming Monday because my teacher is getting really pissed off because everyone else in my class (except for me and another girl) have started

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
I see my VAPD as a sketch book.. anyhting that helps u to reach ur final work, doodles, example pics, ideas.. anyhting.. chuck it in!..

And I have my idea.. VAPD with work.. now I gotta start.. :(

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I started my b.o.w in term 4 and not near half finished. Art express intimidated me cos they were so good

momoo

HSC
I have my concept, but im still experimenting in my VAPD with different ways in expressing it....i really have no idea how im gonna do it :eek: i feel so behind.

*ashlea*

HSC
my school told us to have our actual work 1/4 to 1/2 finished b4 we came back 2 school this year..
they backtracked on that when we came back and pretty much no one had started..
i had done about 10% of one work.. im doing massive ink drawings.. but i havnt done anything since then.. and that was about 2 months ago now.. AARGH!

really though.. i dont think it would matter if u didnt start until these holidays coming up.. the stress will make u knuckle down and get it done by 29th of august anyway.. and once u start its usually kinda fun..

winicat

HSC
duckofdoom said:
I started my b.o.w in term 4 and not near half finished. Art express intimidated me cos they were so good
i've said this before somewhere but do not compare your own work to art express! it's very demoralising and they change the criteria for what they want every year. just do your thing and do it well.

if it makes everyone feel better, i didn't start my stuff until the holidays before they were due. until then everything i completed was crappy and then i was hit by inspiration and just worked my butt off for two weeks. note: you should also use this time to study for your trial exams, it could also be beneficial.

winicat

HSC
momoo said:
I have my concept, but im still experimenting in my VAPD with different ways in expressing it....i really have no idea how im gonna do it :eek: i feel so behind.
start doing these "experimentations" outside of your VAPD. like, if it's possible, work on canvas or whatever because even these little "experiments" could become major parts of your work. i know your VAPD feels safe, etc but it's really time to step out of that zone and into the "real" world :)

bolst

i've got my idea over the hols so i've just gone crazy with canvases and that since then working out what it is that i really want to use and its been so much easier since then- my adivce....just start it, even if you're not really sure wat you want to do. its just a whole lot easier to start to develop things when you already have something to go from(even if its a bunch of shite and you end up changing it completely)...yeh no1 at my joint has really started either everyone is still kinda throwing ideas around...some dont even know what they really want to do yet haha

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
yeah.. I have statred it.. only like a tiny bit but.. should be dont in time.. :D

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I had an idea in Yr 11...then completely discarded it in December last year - and just a few weeks ago - I had a brainstorm and got my established idea in 10mins :D

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
duckofdoom said:
ROTFLMFAO!
IMO most art express pieces are cliched, non-controversial works that don't inspire at all.

For example...in my yr, everyone had this girl in our class, Holly pegged as the one to be picked for art express - she did this absolutely amazing work relating to religion and the human body. she combined these pics of our teacher's baby, a pregnant chick and so forth....it gave everyone chills down their spine it was such an amazing work b/c the meaning was so deep (forgotten the meaning behin it...forgive me! 2 years ago this happened!!)

Anyway....instead of Holly getting it, this other girl who simply painted fruit got in.....it had no meaning what so ever....she just painted the fruit and that was it.

I saw one artwork at express that was an exact copy of Frida Kahlo's.....the meaning behind it was so lame and it was blatantly obvious the 'artist' just decided to re-paint the picture bc it was easy and it was something they had done in theory classes....

If you guys wanna get into art express all you need to do is something that wont cause any thought to enter your brain....e.g painting a bowl of fruit.....
(No offence to the girl who got express in our class..she's really nice...but her work was sh*t compared to 6 very strong works from other students.)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
*ashlea* said:
my school told us to have our actual work 1/4 to 1/2 finished b4 we came back 2 school this year..
they backtracked on that when we came back and pretty much no one had started..
i had done about 10% of one work.. im doing massive ink drawings.. but i havnt done anything since then.. and that was about 2 months ago now.. AARGH!

really though.. i dont think it would matter if u didnt start until these holidays coming up.. the stress will make u knuckle down and get it done by 29th of august anyway.. and once u start its usually kinda fun..
Aren't you guys meant to do all the work in class?? I remember our teacher/school saying we weren't allowed to do any artwork at home and we were only allowed to do it at school so teachers knew it was us doing the work...not other ppl...

(boy was that a pain!
stressed yr 12s with one small art room + annoying juniors coming in an ruining a weeks work within 30 seconds = homocidal yr 12s

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
My visual arts teacher also said that the work is suppose to be done in school, so that the teacher is able to see that the work you've done was done at school. Although my teacher keeps stressing it out to the class, it doesn't stop most of the students doing it. It gets annoying. Because there's one student who is disruptive through our theory classes, and whenever our artworks have to be submitted, she rocks up to school with something she whipped up at home. Well I guess I'm a little bitchy about it, because, we are both at the top of the class, and obviously the competitive side of my psyche is at full blast.

In terms of my BOW, I've established my idea in term 4. 2004. I've been doing heaps more background research on art movements to refine my idea. But my artwork is well on its way. But there is of course the usual 'computer crashing on me', whenever I'm working on my artwork - Naturally since my artwork is almost life sized. But hopefully by now, everyones established a well refined and concise idea.

Goodluck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)