Okay because I'm an idiot (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm in the process of enrolling at UNSW.

Now when the Early Feb. offers come around, I'm going to get another offer from UNSW for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm.

Now as I've accepted my offer and am enrolling in stuff now for my B Sc (Adv Maths)... what am I supposed to do when I get my offer for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm.?

From what I understand: I have to notify UNSW in writing that I am withdrawing from my offer that I just received (the B Sc (Adv Maths) one) and then just accept the offer UAC gives me for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm and just enrol and do all that jazz again... correct?

Towner

Banned
HSC
I'm in the process of enrolling at UNSW.

Now when the Early Feb. offers come around, I'm going to get another offer from UNSW for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm.

Now as I've accepted my offer and am enrolling in stuff now for my B Sc (Adv Maths)... what am I supposed to do when I get my offer for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm.?

From what I understand: I have to notify UNSW in writing that I am withdrawing from my offer that I just received (the B Sc (Adv Maths) one) and then just accept the offer UAC gives me for B Sc (Adv Maths)/B Comm and just enrol and do all that jazz again... correct?
I accepted my early round offer (1st preference) and I didnt get a single offer just now!

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I got UNSW psych but i'm waiting for UNSW commerce -.-

got to wait now and hopefully alot of peeps will defer from commerce.

Misyndo

HSC
How are you so sure you're going to make it into B Sc (Adv Maths)/Comm?

nilynily

HSC
i got my offer for journalism UNSW and I'm really happy with it, but I wanna wait for second round and final round if whether i can get into commerce or eco by luck....

So do i have to accept my offer now to ensure my place in my current offered course, or do I just leave it and wait until later rounds?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Accept your offer - and enrol and do that. And just withdraw from it if you get the offer.

The question I'm asking is: How does one withdraw?

So keep tabs on this thread nilynily, someone may come and figure it out for the both of us...

Towner

Banned
HSC
Honestly I have no idea, I dont think anyone does, ask UAC

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, hopefully a Moderator will know how to withdraw from a course.

I mean there's been like 20 threads on it so far - so obviously someone must've done it last year and the year before.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm not all that good with talking over the phone and it contributes to phone bills... though if it comes to that - looks like I'll have to.

I'm trying to explore my "free" options at the moment =P

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I'm going there for their Advisory Day on the 27th - so I might go ask around on how to opt out.

Also thanks JKhoury! It seems the right thing.

yz125

HSC
I'm in a similar situation- I accepted an offer at Newcastle however I'm starting to think I may want to do this particular course at usyd now (usyd was after newcastle in my preferences). Is there any chance I can still be offered a place at usyd even though i've accepted the offer at Newcastle? I thought i read somewhere that I can accept this offer, then move the usyd preference above the offer i accepted and then be eligible for a late round offer. However at the moment I can't move my preferences for some reason.

I hope that makes sense lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You should be able to move your preferences now. Try again - if not, contact the UAC people.

JustforLOLs

Banned
HSC
Withdrawing is easy just tell the faculty you want to change and therefore withdraw. It's not hard you just need to ask and it will be done.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'll just roam around UNSW on Advisory Day and ask then. I have the Program Enrolment Variation form though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)