On the topic of University Transfers... (1 Viewer)

wingman88

HSC
btw there is no weightin to 2nd year so that 1st year onli counts half of 2nd year?? thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i have no idea what youre trying to say
please reiterate

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think he wanted to know if 2nd year subjects count more towards your GPA than first year subjects. No?

If that's the question, then as far as I know, the answer is no. The more years you spend at uni the higher your nrsl score is though.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahh that might be it
yeah i dont think 2nd year subjects are weighed more than 1st year subjects...they both the same, so if you get a D in a 2nd year subject, it doesnt mean its more than a D in a first year subject, which equates to a 6 in GPA terms

HSC
Does anyone know if you have to have 48 credit points (USyd) to be able to transfer?

I'd like to try and transfer next semester, but would also like to drop a subject this semester (if I get the transfer I wouldn't continue with senior units in this subject, decided it really isn't for me)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im pretty sure that you need to be fulltime, but not ncessarily fulfill 48cp. i think 36 is the minimum requirement since 18cp per semester is still regarded as fulltime.
i transferred successfully doing only 42cp, but not at usyd though.

JhK89

HSC
jemsta said:
ah yeah aeronautical engineering has slowly been declining since i remember one of my mates wanted to do it back in 2004 (grad 2003) and got 92 for UAI but just missed out by like .05, so i gues it never hurts to try, but yeah a gpa of 5.5 should be enough for grant you a spot in aeronautical
thats the course i want to transfer to @ unsw

are you talking bout unsw?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you should be able to get in based on your nrsl index and the 2007 cut offs for eco and eco&social science.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I concur that you have an excellent chance for transfer, Malfoy.
But whether you would have to spend extra 1-2 years in university or you would be able to get credit for your past study as electives, enabling you to get out of here at the same time as others who started in 2006, I can't be sure. Have to factor that into consideration. :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha you thinking of going to uts bec?
the business UAI has rarely risen....remember once it was being 89.00 and now its only risen up slightly to 90.00....i really doubt the cutoff will jump that much anyways...maybe in unsw but not at uts.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
Well, I'll be going there should I get my first preference, lol. It's Business at UTS first, then Eco at Syd, then Eco/Social Sci at Syd.... but praying for the UTS degree, it looks *heaps* better.
Hmm. What exactly about B.Bus at UTS is heaps better than B.Eco. at USYD?
I guess you have option of going into finance or accounting as well as economics if you want to with B.Bus, but I think you can do the same thing if you go for Bachelor of Commerce at USYD.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ill be your first uts friend if you make it in =)

ihgjuk

HSC
quick question, how does UAC know what marks we got for uni?
Im thinking of applying for uts bus from uws bus/comm

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
ihgjuk said:
quick question, how does UAC know what marks we got for uni?
Im thinking of applying for uts bus from uws bus/comm
You give them some of your details - SID, course name and so on - and they get the marks from the university.

blackjackdavey

HSC
N/A
Just a quick question, do I have to cancel my enrolment in my current uni course before i fill in my UAC application to transfer into another uni?

i want to move from CSU to ANU

Thanks guys

bboyelement

HSC
uhm does unsw use GPA or WAM, because my WAM is 76 which is a D but the GPA is 5.5 . hope they dont use GPA because ill be rawted.
GPA is stupid, say if you got marks like 84,84,74,74 your gpa is only 5.5 while your WAM is 79. wtf????

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
usually with all uni transfer, inc unsw, they use your gpa to determine your tertiary study results.
yeah gpa system is unfair, so youre better off getting 76 for example as opposed to 84 since they both have a gpa of 6.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
blackjackdavey said:
Just a quick question, do I have to cancel my enrolment in my current uni course before i fill in my UAC application to transfer into another uni?

i want to move from CSU to ANU

Thanks guys
no you don't. you can withdraw enrolment when you get another offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)