Marty

HSC
i reckon i could do that quite easily.>>not look @ marks\uai

mainly due to the fact ive been over school for a long time

and not living up the brother's\(federal senator) father'sxpectations

guess ill just hafta get it on the net aye

bex

HSC
You know... the curriculum co-ordinator for yr 12 at my school said that the day they come out is really the only day people will ask you 'What did you get?' every other day theyu will ask 'How did you go?' and your reply can then just be.. Fine Thanks.. so you dont have to tell anyone if you dont want to..

That said.. stoopid dumb school... our Principal calls everyone up personally to find out what they got.. How lame is that?? She doesnt talk to us for our whole school lives then wants to know what we got! Bah!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by bex
That said.. stoopid dumb school... our Principal calls everyone up personally to find out what they got.. How lame is that?? She doesnt talk to us for our whole school lives then wants to know what we got! Bah!
I think many schools do this (including ours), lukily I won't be there to answer the phone ...

kaseita

hey same! lol, I'll have to find some way of keeping it secret from my family... (which also means a secret from my extended family, which will be oh so eager to find out - asian family [if your asian, you know what I mean])

blake

Originally posted by da_best
ur UAI is on friday 20/12 but it doesnt come in da mail until monday 23/12 so u can have da whole weekend 2 wait if u can thats wat i'm doing
Do we recieve something in the mail before that telling us our numbers/passwords?

kaseita

Originally posted by blake

Do we recieve something in the mail before that telling us our numbers/passwords?
you should already know your student number, and they should've already sent your uac pin number - that's all you need

and if they haven't, well....

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I know that damn number better than my phone number now ...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by Marty
i reckon i could do that quite easily.>>not look @ marks\uai

mainly due to the fact ive been over school for a long time

and not living up the brother's\(federal senator) father'sxpectations

guess ill just hafta get it on the net aye
ARE YOU SERIOUS??!?!

hmm , is that HSC marks or UAI..?

does school automatically find out HSC marks?

our school ends up with HSC marks,but they only find out UAIs if people donate them....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yer my sister (a teacher) told me that the principals get look up the results for their school on the internet the day the students can, but under the new system they aren't told UAI's. Thats why you never see the lists of top UAI's in the newspaper anymore because only UAC and the student is allowed to be told. If principals wanna know individual UAI's they must ask the student directly.

Sarah J

HSC
I'm actually beginning to think that maybe I don't want to find out my results. Then I'd have to give my family the bad new of how crappily I'd done.........:rolleyes:

chait

Originally posted by kaseita
hey same! lol, I'll have to find some way of keeping it secret from my family... (which also means a secret from my extended family, which will be oh so eager to find out - asian family [if your asian, you know what I mean])
sure know what you mean!.. i'm expecting an influx of calls from so called 'family friends' the day the uais are released... damn they're so competitive!!:mad:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by chait

sure know what you mean!.. i'm expecting an influx of calls from so called 'family friends' the day the uais are released... damn they're so competitive!!:mad:
O god, not that ...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
My parents have excommunicated all their gossipy asian friends at my request for peace...I appreciate that because I know it's a huge sacrifice. ;)

kaseita

Originally posted by chait

The lucky thing is that I'm the only one doing my hsc in the my whole extended family!
and somehow the competition isn't interested in me. someone spread rumours that I was going to get 100, and they're all expecting to get around 80s 90s (ppl from my church) - I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing :p.

they'll all be grossly disappointed of course.

I'm going to love taiwan though. considering no one will have anyway of contacting me!

and weisy, how'd you manage that??? its more than a sacrifice, its like you've won a world war

Last edited:

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
lol

I've been building them up for a few years now, because I've been doing year 12 subjects for a few years. The good thing about asian parents (though, to be pc, not to generalise, *ahem*) is that they are all for making sacrifices for the education of their children.

I basically told them I was fed up with being compared to their friends' children, because it's all they would ever talk about, and they couldn't stop the actual talking, so we moved into a new district and told no-one about it. :D

flosh's gurl

a friend of the family, her son never opened his envelope or looked up his marks. he already had preacceptance or an aprenticship so he framed the unopened envelope. he has no idea what he got. nor does anyone else.
i will be one of the people who'll look it up on the net. but only when nobody is in the house. and the phone will be of the hook all day because there will be phonecalls from everywhere wanting to know how i did. you've gotta love the extended family factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)