Operation Strategies - Quality control and Quality assurance (1 Viewer)

moon_princess

HSC
I know this can be a dumb question but isn't quality assurance basically the same as quality control? In general terms, both inspect if it met the 'planned' outcome? What makes it so 'different'?

AKONS

HSC
Control is reactive, inspections to see if there are any flaws after production. Assurance is proactive, ensuring inputs and machinery are of a high enough quality/standard that the chance of defects to occur is reduced.

shashysha

HSC
I remember this as quality control, where the c in control tells you its checking - so in quality control, you're checking and inspecting the production process for any bottlenecks etc. Quality assurance is the use of benchmarking (or a set standard) of quality that you try to conform to during the production process.

moon_princess

HSC
Control is reactive, inspections to see if there are any flaws after production. Assurance is proactive, ensuring inputs and machinery are of a high enough quality/standard that the chance of defects to occur is reduced.
thank you!!!

moon_princess

HSC
I remember this as quality control, where the c in control tells you its checking - so in quality control, you're checking and inspecting the production process for any bottlenecks etc. Quality assurance is the use of benchmarking (or a set standard) of quality that you try to conform to during the production process.
great!! thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)