organising notes (1 Viewer)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I'm a very disorganised person and it can get stressful when it comes to school notes and stuff. I couldn't locate my notes, my folders are overflowing, sheets everywhere in my locker, notes not in any order, etc.

So...anyone has a piece of advice to share? :rolleyes:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Ollz San
I'm a very disorganised person and it can get stressful when it comes to school notes and stuff. I couldn't locate my notes, my folders are overflowing, sheets everywhere in my locker, notes not in any order, etc.

So...anyone has a piece of advice to share? :rolleyes:
Buy lots of folders to put your sheets and notes into.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Yep, you can buy separate ones for each topic eg. Space in Physics then Motors as a separate folder, to keep them thin too.

Then take a night off partying and sort your notes out in order of dot points. Put them in their places... you can number your pages if the section's complete and put a contents page in front.

If you're using the plastic sheet folders, then try to slot a dot point or a section into each. If you use some sort of other ones, then your choice...

One tip is to order the section you are doing right now backwards (at the front of the folder) so that you slot the stuff you just done in class straight in front (assuming your teacher does them in order of dot points). You can then flip it around after you finish the topic.

Writing pads go in a separate compartment. ;)

Pracs in a different folder.

As for economics, history and that I have no idea. Ask someone else.

Last edited:

Fi

For History

I had two massive folders, one had all my WW1 and Germany work, and the other had my Arab-Israeli stuff. Remember with history, you HAVE to make ur own notes, all that goes in ur folder.

For assessments:

PLASTIC ENVELOPES will help u remain organised and in control (If u don't know what i mean, they've got little clips on them, and come in all colours). What u do here, is u put everything to do with an assessment in one envelope. It will minimise the risk of losing things.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
economics heaps straightforward, just get a book, and use that in class, it keeps everything in order.

oh and dont lend your book out in the last couple of weeks, you might find you have nothing to study from like me.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yeah i keep a topic for a subject in a separate folder each
since im a note fanatic...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah i'd agree with most people here...

have small folders for each topic of each subject... it makes things heaps easier to find. just make sure you keep everything up to date and always put your stuf in your folders. unlike me. i had crap everywhere and couldn't find it when i needed it.

Rahul

Dead Member
btw....i was jus curious which subjects do u have d most sheets for.....for me my english folder is literally packed.....i have so much stuff its not funny

hornet

Ummm what did I do...

I have a nice (hell old and rusty but whatever) filing cabnit next to my desk. I reserved the whole top "compartment" for myself/study. I bought a good 12 of those "folders" that have metal runners for a filing cabnit, and a metal clamp to hold in notes. VERY GOOD. Highly recommended. I had 4 for physics (1 for each topic - our teacher photocopied us 900 pages of notes through the year - 4 was needed!), 4 or so for english 2u (1 for each topic..... ham/roz, donne, change, 1984), 1 for ipt and 1 for sdd (tho they were packed at the end)

Made it so easy to get to something. 30sec and I could have the sheet I wanted. Compared to... 30mins if it was all over my desk/room :)

Also get ur room very organised *now*. Keep it that way. During the HSC it becomes an utter mess - but constructive mess. My entire floor was full of notes, folders, books etc. But that works nicely - then. Before that you need to be organised :)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
filin cabinet
cool idea i mite try
thx =)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
btw....i was jus curious which subjects do u have d most sheets for.....for me my english folder is literally packed.....i have so much stuff its not funny
bah!!!! modern history, for one topic I had more stuff then for an entire year of another course. wnglish...had half a book for that, just full of crap, we just talked about stuff in english, oh wait thew change journal, had a lot in it but that was an assessment.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
My business and IPT were the ones most packed. But that's cause both teachers won't stop giving up photocopied notes.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hornet
Ummm what did I do...

I have a nice (hell old and rusty but whatever) filing cabnit next to my desk. I reserved the whole top "compartment" for myself/study. I bought a good 12 of those "folders" that have metal runners for a filing cabnit, and a metal clamp to hold in notes. VERY GOOD. Highly recommended. I had 4 for physics (1 for each topic - our teacher photocopied us 900 pages of notes through the year - 4 was needed!), 4 or so for english 2u (1 for each topic..... ham/roz, donne, change, 1984), 1 for ipt and 1 for sdd (tho they were packed at the end)

Made it so easy to get to something. 30sec and I could have the sheet I wanted. Compared to... 30mins if it was all over my desk/room :)

Also get ur room very organised *now*. Keep it that way. During the HSC it becomes an utter mess - but constructive mess. My entire floor was full of notes, folders, books etc. But that works nicely - then. Before that you need to be organised :)
i have a filing cabinet too! yay i thought i was the only one, Im glad there are others.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i agree
i dont think i could have done the filing cabinet thing, too disorganised

stick a couple of holes in it, put it in a folder, and DON'T take it out

i would take stuf out of the filing cabinet and not put it back coz im lazy

but thats just me

asymptote

buy heaps of paper....i dont trust books as i never open them....n make one or 2 folders each term and slot in ur notes.....easiest way to open and revise...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
computers are actually quite a good idea ... because its nice and neat ... and you can *burn* your notes at the end of the year and still have it on cd ...

edit: and since they are on your computer, you can give them to bos ... for sharing ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
computers are actually quite a good idea ... because its nice and neat ... and you can *burn* your notes at the end of the year and still have it on cd ...

edit: and since they are on your computer, you can give them to bos ... for sharing ...
My advice would be to make no notes on computers cause they take ages, you get distracted (like msn) and you end up copying out the textbook anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)