Oscars 2004 (1 Viewer)

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Yay for Lord of the Rings!! Return of the King won every award it was nominated for and I thought it was very well deserved.

For those who don't know yet, the winners were:

Best Picture: LOTR - Return of the King
Best Director: Peter Jackson - Return of the King
Best Actor: Sean Penn - Mystic River
Best Actress: Charlize Theron - Monster
Best Supporting Actress: Renee Zellwegger - Cold Mountain
Best Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins - Mystic River

I picked all of them :) Anyone else got thoughts on the winners? Happy, not happy? ....

Fry

it's not fair! Pirates of the Caribbean should've won at least one award, esp. for visual effects or make up. LOTR just stole the show. But yay for Billy Crystal for mentioning Johnny Depp as the 'sexiest man alive'.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
once again, proves that the oscars are based other qualities (such as hype) instead of talent.

though this was already known.

Robin Williams: "Miss Cleo is being investigated for fraud? and.. The oscars are political? F*ck off you!"

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
oh man johnny looked hot.
i really wanted naomi to get the best actress, but i knew she wasn't a favourite :(

Fry

so true! i LOVE his new haircut and he should smile more often..he looks so damn sexy!! did you know that 13-year old girl who got nominated for Whale Rider got to meet him? man, she's so lucky..

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
yea lotr got 11/11 :D

yay sean penn, charlize and LOTR (yay dominic! :D)

MouNtY

Originally posted by glycerine
RotK was NOT the best picture by any means.
LOTR deserved every single award that they got. And i think that ROTK was the best of the whole trilogy.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I havent seen Monster so I cant really speak, but I thought Naomi Watts was amazing in 21 Grams. I also thought Sean Penn was better in 21 Grams than Mystic River...but thats the movie they were pushing for. And Benecio Del Toro shouldve won for 21 Grams...even though Tim Robbins is cool. Did I mention 21 Grams is awesome?

I thought RotK deserved to win, simply because its been snubbed the other years. Also, Seabiscuit=No!, Master and Commander=ok, not best picture worthy, Lost in Translation=very good- but too slow, too small, and no competition for an epic like RotK, AND Mystic River= brilliant acting, story kind of flimsy. Hence, Return of the King deserved to win.

I dont know if it deserved 11, but certainly it was cool to see it finally getting the Oscar recognition

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
once again, proves that the oscars are based other qualities (such as hype) instead of talent.

though this was already known.
I thought it was the stonecutters?!?!?!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Woo, LOTR. And woo Sofia Coppola, Lost In Translation had to be recognised at least once.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
I thought it was cool, i wish Johnny won, but i was happy enough to juz look at him...(Drools on keybord which shortcircuts) LOTR deserved it. How didnt it?...(Not that ive seen th others yet :( ) but it took a hell of a lotta effort to do. + Aragorn is such a spunk rat! Who said im superficial!!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i reckon naomi watts shud have won! but yeah even charlize was good!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they've started a trend, all you have to do is get a nose job or facial to look ugly or just wierd ...and the oscar is yours

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
they've started a trend, all you have to do is get a nose job or facial to look ugly or just wierd ...and the oscar is yours

thank you. ie, the hours was a great movie, and nicole is a great actress...but streep deserved it more based purely on performance

HSC
has anyone noticed in the best actress and supporting actress nominations, most of the women either made REALLY LOUD TRAUMATIC TANTRUMS, cry REALLY REALLY LOUD or just act plain miserable??? ouch. another eligible element to win best actress/supporting actress

go lord of the rings for sweeping up all the awards!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LOTR winning best picture.. what a travesty, only nominee it was superior to was Seabiscuit. Lost In Translation not at least getting recognition for Best Directing really annoyed me as well. Not to mention Scarlett Johansson not even getting a nomination. Well Oscars.. screw you, you guys are crap crap crap. I hope Peter McMonkey Jackson gets attacked and thrown down a crack in the earth by midgets..

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by jim_green
LOTR winning best picture.. what a travesty, only nominee it was superior to was Seabiscuit. Lost In Translation not at least getting recognition for Best Directing really annoyed me as well. Not to mention Scarlett Johansson not even getting a nomination. Well Oscars.. screw you, you guys are crap crap crap. I hope Peter McMonkey Jackson gets attacked and thrown down a crack in the earth by midgets..
/hugs

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOTR was the best, it deserved to win everything it was nominated for, and then some. I have not been impressed so much by any movie before this. Sure, there was hype, but for a good reason. It was superior to all of them, and deserved to win. I reckon people shun it because it is so big, you all just want to hate it because so many others love it.

..And Billy Boyd.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)