Oscars 2004 (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
RotK was NOT the best picture by any means.
Well, ROTK was a good movie but half way through it I wanted to stab PJ to death for what he has done.

Originally posted by jim_green
Ok I probably overreacted a bit before, sorry. :D Still, it would be ironic if Peter Jackson were to get attacked by midgets. I guess if LOTR had any reason for winning it, it is in recognition of the vasts amount of effort that must have gone into it, which if fair enough.
Anyway I agree with Trigger mostly except about Master and Commander, which I felt was a far superior epic as a single movie than ROTK. Seabiscuit though was an above average movie that was really there more because of the story's cultural significance to American history. It was a decent movie as well, but probably not Oscar worthy.

So IMO 3 nominated movies were ROTK's superior. It's true that there will be plenty of Oscars for good drama in the future, but I'm just a little ticked that the Academy decided to save its recognition for LOTR in such a great year for movies. Would've been much more logical to recognise it in 2001 when the winner was 'A Beautiful Mind', another one of those Seabiscuit level movies, or last year when it was 'Chicago'.
Like I said, ROTK is a good movie but I hate some of the changes that PJ has added. As much as I love LOTR, I kinda wanted Peter Weir to win est director.

I was kinda ticked that there is so much great movies this year that some great talents unfortunately weren't recognised this time but 1 thing I have to disagree with you is that the other 3 nomination is better than ROTK. I think it is mainly between ROTK & Master + Commander.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
I wish i had friends to go c all the good artsy movies with! they r all like, "lets go see shit movies like scary movie three!" BLEH! I say "lets go see lost in translation" and they r like whats that? grrr. Oi-How come peter pan had no mention at the oscars? Was it not counted in the year, or was it too shit (Not likely!!) or did i just miss it? I loved that movie!!! SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! And as a massive LOTR luva, i was shocked to like it more than ROTK!!! + Jeremy Stumper is a lil cutie! (Put him on layby ;) )

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
Was Mystic River produced by Miramax? I thought Miramax's big push this year was for Cold Mountain, which didn't go as well as they hoped
Mystic River was Warner Bros. Miramax's big push this year was Cold Mountain, and it was so awesome to see them snubbed! How annoying were those ads? 'The most nominated film of the year'. gawd. that was such a crap oscar manufactured movie. made me sick.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
"they make the weather then they stand in the rain and say "it's raaaayyeeenniinn!""

gag me.

hahaha cold mountain snub. take that, weinstein!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)