• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

overprotective asian parents!! help!!! (1 Viewer)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, im new to this website as my friend told me about this site and how i could get some help from you guys :D
Okay so this is the story i have asian parents who are really protective. My mum doesnt like me hanging out with my friends or going to parties unless they are my friends i.e. if someone from school is having a party and i know them but im not good friends with them i cant go. my mum hardly ever lets me go to my mates houses unless its for school.... she doesnt like me goin to the cinemas or to the shopping centre with friends. and the list goes on... She thinks my main priority is education. I regard school as a very important part of my life and i am getting very good grades at school, id say im one of the top students of the year lvl. But i still cant find a way for them to overcome this and give me some freedom. Also i am the oldest child of three...
So the situation atm is that ive had a crush on a girl who ive become good friends with, this crush has been going on for around a year now... I think that i reallly like her now. The upside is taht she likes me as well, unless i am completely misinterpretating the way she acts and talks to me. I sort of want to ask her out to the movies or something but at the same time im too chicken and im wanting her to make the first move :S ALSO another major factor is my parents... i really do not know what my mums reaction would be if i told her that i have a girlfriend especially since the girl i like is an aussie and my ethnicity is ofcourse of asian background. A lot of my friends are telling me to make a move and so on but im really stuck and do not have an idea of what to do....
We are both in yr 11 as well if that helps :)
Thanks, please give me some help :)
what? how dare you disrespect your traditions by wanting to go out with a white girl? You two might be good together, hell she might even be true love, but they don't matter. It doesn't matter if you really liked her, you should listen to your parents when they tell you that you shouldn't date a white girl, regardless of how compatible you two are! I can't believe that you'd even think about seeing her behind your mum's back! You've betrayed your motherland and brought shame to your parents and your people! You are a disgrace to your ancestors and your parents have every right to disown you!

shyboy

HSC
Maybe it's not an issue of trust - you don't rebel and you do what your parents tell you, so what have they got to not trust you about. It seems like they don't like you going out because it could interfere with your schoolwork, well then you should probably try and show them that it won't. Just reassure them that you've done heaps of work when you ask to go out?
Yes i think that is the main problem that they think a relationship or going out with friends will interfere with school... but that is hardly the case. i finish all my homework, study for sacs, study for exams. i do my fair share but there is no avail...

shyboy

HSC
what? how dare you disrespect your traditions by wanting to go out with a white girl? You two might be good together, hell she might even be true love, but they don't matter. It doesn't matter if you really liked her, you should listen to your parents when they tell you that you shouldn't date a white girl, regardless of how compatible you two are! I can't believe that you'd even think about seeing her behind your mum's back! You've betrayed your motherland and brought shame to your parents and your people! You are a disgrace to your ancestors and your parents have every right to disown you!
i dont know if your being serious or not but, i dont really think there is a problem with an asian dating an aussie. i mean ive been brought up in australia, ive grown up with aussies since a very young child, the only asian ppl i know are my family and relatives and the rare asian at school. i live in a mainly aussie community. :)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
i dont know if your being serious or not but, i dont really think there is a problem with an asian dating an aussie. i mean ive been brought up in australia, ive grown up with aussies since a very young child, the only asian ppl i know are my family and relatives and the rare asian at school. i live in a mainly aussie community. :)
no, your parents do not approve. when they find out, they will say "son I'm disappoint" and disown you. You don't want that to happen.

We however don't have this problem, so why don't you post a pic of this girl for us?

shyboy

HSC
no, your parents do not approve. when they find out, they will say "son I'm disappoint" and disown you. You don't want that to happen.

We however don't have this problem, so why don't you post a pic of this girl for us?
Nah im cool...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ur not unless u post those pics

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
we can't really help you if you don't post some pics

shyboy

HSC
lol im not going to post pictures... im not intrested in doin that and i dont think that she would like her picture being put on the net without her permission.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
fine.

your post count remains at zero.

unless you post those pics

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
lol im not going to post pictures... im not intrested in doin that and i dont think that she would like her picture being put on the net without her permission.
it's ok bro you can pm them to me, or you can link me to her fb. can't really help you til you do that bro.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
smeck em bek to china :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)