Parents, domestic abuse, want to leave home - need help! (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
1. start looking for alternative accommodation immediately

2. seek the help of counselling services. there is a very good service called relationships australia that deals especially with family breakdown and if you are a student they can negotiate their prices with you so you only pay what you can afford Relationships Australia — Building Better Relationships other services like lifeline might be able to help you. there is also reachout Who can help you - Find - ReachOut Australia which has a good database for where to get help. also read this http://community.boredofstudies.org/4260074/post-13.html

3. if you are studying full time, look into applying for youth allowance. they have a clause for students who have to move out of home due to threats to your wellbeing "you are unable to live at home due to extreme family breakdown, violence in the home, or serious threats to your health or well-being" look at this here Youth Allowance independence test centrelink also provide social worker/counselling services

Last edited:

samthebear

HSC
lol omie, you've got to be the funniest, nicest guy on here without being offensive. sorry off-topic.

@OP: i dont really know what advice i can give you cept maybe repeat what some people have already said about looking for help in councelling services and stuff - its important to talk to friends about this as well. find a close friend you can trust i'm sure they'll be understanding and more than happy to help you out.

Edit: lousy repp system. wont let me +repp omie even tho i've been spreading 'round the repps >.> going on +repping spree.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Ask UIC she went through similar I don't know if she's still around. But she would be the authority on this as far as Bozurz go.

shakky15

HSC
this is disgusting ..

its funny how some replys are like 'try and talk to ur father..' ... You people obviously don't understand the situation. Luckily my parents aren't like this, but I can fully understand what the OP is in. if she were to initiate some sort of conversation along the lines of 'you hurt my feelings' etc he'll probably go crazy and rant about how she's so out of control and stupid and has to be taught how to be a good indian/paki woman etc.

Asking him why she can't work would probably lead to (as Omie Jay mentioned) the "why do you need to work? i supply you with everything you could ask for" (which we know is bs).

Trust me, talking to the mother wont do shit since im sure she's probably as controlled as the OP.

I was pretty upset reading some peoples comments like 'omg, your 20.. etc'.. obviously you people don't understand. Yeah, shes 20 by age, but (and i hope the OP doesnt take this badly) but i doubt she's 20 years old mentally. I mean, every part of her life has been controlled. If she were to move out she'd be completely lost and confused... and imagine her family's reaction.. noone seems to worry about brothers/sisters/wife etc.. im sure the dad would skitz it and then even if the OP was living away from the father, the rest of the family is there to pick up the pieces.

I think the best three bits of advice here were:

- Kids helpline... i wouldnt have suggested this initially but its a good start and if theres help out there then the operator would be able to point her in the right direction.

- Police... as Graney said, beaten until 17?? this is more f'ed up than most people realise

- Get married to a good guy ... i mean, since she is old enough to get married this could be the last resort... but then again, with hardly a social life (and potential inlaws like hers) then i assume its going to be hard for her to find someone to marry...

This is a horrible situation and most people on these forums would just not understand how hard it is for the OP to get out of it... I use to feel like this woman when i was younger since my father was fairly controlling but by the time i started high school my parents really eased off, on their own - if this is still happening at your age i dont see it ever stopping without repurcussions of some sort..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)