parents gifts for getting good in hsc ? or no gifts :( (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Got offered a Sony Vaio Laptop from my parents

and $500 from my grandparents.

Digital_Spork

HSC
I think ill take the Text Book refund from my school as my UAI treat, since it was so crap :p

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
$400 all up.

In retrospect a small price to pay for such a large impact on my career!
are you going to be a editor for a cars magazine or something...

pretty good price for a good experience...

if I didnt have to blow $525 in fines today I could have gone to something like that :(

SlipStream

HSC
7th Sign said:
are you going to be a editor for a cars magazine or something...

pretty good price for a good experience...

if I didnt have to blow $525 in fines today I could have gone to something like that :(
Yeh, I'm working for MOTOR magazine next year as the work experience kid while I'm at college. If I'm lucky I could be offered an editorial position there at the end of next year. If not, I can alternatively pursue my racing career and do motoring journalism "on the side" OR i can go and do an accelerated BA at Southern Cross Uni over an extra 12 months.

So it's safe to say I'll be very busy in the next three years! :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im in hk when i got my uai so there were no parents behind my back when i checked it
got a shit one and i could tell my mum was disappointed
oh well at lest i have the opportunity to spend $5000

HSC
N/A
500 bucks for jus completin year 12, ther was a rumour in the family that i was a failure n goin to go nowhere in life and probably do some sh-- job compared to being a doctor liek my unlces. My dad even prepared a belt for me. But i showed ther asses that i completed year 12 n ended up wif a overly satisfyin 83.5 uai. Lovin it right now

elisabeth

HSC
Hey well done Slipstream :D

I got nothing from my parents or school. Can't pretend I'm not envious of all you lot.

HSC
Got nothing from my Dad.. not that I was expecting it. But my boyfriend's family are taking me out for dinner.
But actually getting through the year 12 and the HSC, then getting a much higher UAI and marks than expected, was good enough for me.

= Jennifer =

HSC
my friend last year he passed the hsc he got like 64 uai and his dad got him a merc and the yr before his brother got 90 something and he got a ferrari lol

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Argonaut said:
COnsidering you were complaining abouta low UAI, I'm will to bet your sister got gifts because she applied herself and actually tried, rather than bum around on BoS trying to be a gangster and using the Buy/Sell forum to conduct business.
Hello there good sir... May I interest you in some spoons? Slightly used, only $0.75/kg... You couldn't STEAL them this cheaply!

flamearrows said:
I go to a grammar school and we don't give nuttin for Dux - unless you go to Newcastle Uni, THEN you can have a grand or so.
Yay for free money from the Uni.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm getting a new car (yet to be purchased)... but that's partially because I'll be needing it for work and uni next year; and I have to pay for the insurance, fuel, maintenance, etc...

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
My mum got me a bunch of prettiful flowers, awwwwwwww. lol, and i got a $50 book voucher and a nice certificate from school for being runner-up dux...

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I haven't finished my HSC yet, but my parents are planning to take me on a holiday to America or something in the summer holiday period next year, regardless of what I get.
When I was in Year 6, I recall that my mother bribed me with some amount of money (I can't remember how much) to get into a selective school lol.
Bribery can actually work for the sake of motivation lol.
So when you have kids, it's probably best to bribe them in order to make them aim and achieve as high as you want them to lol....

IcEy

HSC
My mum asked me what I wanted. I was like, hrm...some clothes would be nice?
So we're going to go clothes shopping after christmas, when all the REAL sales are on. Christ I hate clothes shopping....ugh

Danoz The Great

HSC
I didn't get a gift for going good in the HSC, and I didn't expect one either.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
I got tickets to see the White Stripes at the Hordern next year, 10 strawberry chups (I am addicted), and Scrubs season one on DVD. Its wierd, as I watched Scrubs season one religiously particularly during my HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)