parents gifts for getting good in hsc ? or no gifts :( (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
my friend last year he passed the hsc he got like 64 uai and his dad got him a merc and the yr before his brother got 90 something and he got a ferrari lol
what the...

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
dad was so ecstatic about my mark his basically gettin any car for me. IM gettin a black BMW M3 csl. Cant fucken wait!!!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Tommy_69 said:
dad was so ecstatic about my mark his basically gettin any car for me. IM gettin a black BMW M3 csl. Cant fucken wait!!!
I took the "whatever car you want" within reason- Last thing I'd want is for everyone to know me as the kid who's parents bought him a BMW.

Btw may I ask what makes you want a CSL so much? It seems quite a few people (noticably on the BoS forum?) really want this car, yet I wonder if they've ever had to sit inside one. Whilst it's cool and all to be in a fast car which is great for racing/track, sitting inside a stripped-down-for-performance vehicle is horrible. Having to wind down your windows just to get a decent breeze makes conversation difficult, not to mention has limited effectiveness when travelling at low speeds.

Last edited:

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Mum doesn't believe that she should have to reward my academic success with money, so naturally I wasn't expecting anything. We went out to an expensive restaurant for lunch, though.

B

Bayan

seremify007 said:
I took the "whatever car you want" within reason- Last thing I'd want is for everyone to know me as the kid who's parents bought him a BMW.

Btw may I ask what makes you want a CSL so much? It seems quite a few people (noticably on the BoS forum?) really want this car, yet I wonder if they've ever had to sit inside one. Whilst it's cool and all to be in a fast car which is great for racing/track, sitting inside a stripped-down-for-performance vehicle is horrible. Having to wind down your windows just to get a decent breeze makes conversation difficult, not to mention has limited effectiveness when travelling at low speeds.
Its an awsome car.

HSC
If I had gotten over 90 I'd get a new car and an apartment on the beach (in greece, thessaloniki) under my name but thats not going too happen so I got none of that.

But my parents where kind enough too give me alot of abuse

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
SlipStream said:
My parents went half/half with me on my "graduation gift". I went down to Oran Park (a racetrack in south-western Sydney) and drove a Lotus Elise Racing car. I was second fastest on the day - I was the only person under 25, and I beat heaps of ex-pros and even a current pro. The instructors there were shocked at how quick I was. Because I did so well, I'm being considered for a seat in a V8 Supercar support-category (Aussie Racing Cars) for 2007 or 2008, and that could very well be the window for my aspirations as a professional racing car driver. How's that for a graduation gift? :D
Cool!!! Dylan, was my dad there?!

SaintCait

HSC
I got my schoolies paid for me...and after my parents pay for uni..living expenses included, i think i will have hit them up for enough cash!

Plus i have a smart family so i was just kinda expected to get good marks..no big surprise..no big present.

chamelia

HSC
Parents took me out to dinner the night we got results.

Then when I got the UAI, my grandparents gave me a $300 which I spent on an shiny 20gb iPod for myself. And my dad made a bet with me that if I came first in my school for maths he would give me $100. :) Who ever said a little bribe is wrong?

And my mum will be paying for my ticket for a holiday.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In such situations, bribery WORKS!!! :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
My parents took me out to a restaurant with crap service (just beacuse it happened to be Sunday), but their smiles and the satisfaction of having met my expectations is more than enough present for me.

Edit: Since then, we've also had really really yummy chicken tenders for lunch and dinner on one day, and a good dose of Coke, and we went out on a nice day trip with lots of junk food to eat! :D

Last edited:

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
A good round of spanking is more like it... But luckily I didn't get it... but I also didn't get anything.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bayan said:
Its an awsome car.
Performance wise I agree. But the reality is 99% of the time it won't be on the track.

Sit in one and drive around Sydney in Summer. Tell me if you still agree =P

EDIT: Add traffic if you don't believe me.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
seremify007 said:
Performance wise I agree. But the reality is 99% of the time it won't be on the track.

Sit in one and drive around Sydney in Summer. Tell me if you still agree =P

EDIT: Add traffic if you don't believe me.
Off topic, but to put the issue to rest, the BMW M3 CSL is not like a Lotus Elise which is practically undriveable for daily use for long periods of time. It still has all the comforts of your 3 series BMW.

nesso

HSC sucks

i got 93.50 and i dont feel any reward somple even from myself. i've got no satisfaction what so ever. i hated this year..i worked hard..i stressed hard core. it wasnt worth it i'd trade my mark in for an 85 (just so i could do the course i want) if it would mean i had more fun this year...

plus nothing from my parents..dont feel special

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Templar said:
Off topic, but to put the issue to rest, the BMW M3 CSL is not like a Lotus Elise which is practically undriveable for daily use for long periods of time. It still has all the comforts of your 3 series BMW.
Upon reading http://www.bmw.com.au/scripts/main.asp?PageID=14509&PID=2 it turns out I was mistaken- my cousin has this but it was specced without air conditioning, sound system, etc... (ie. it's bare inside). I'm guessing the UK model (where they imported it from) is different to the Australian model. Also note, I've never been racing in the CSL, but I've sat in passenger seat in his stripped-drag-racing 300zx so I know the pains of sitting in a performance-only car.

Last edited:

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Meh, they took me out for dinner.

"We gave you $300 when you graduated. Your results present is part of that."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)