Parking (1 Viewer)

penguin.ali

HSC
I understand that the University sells a lot more parking passes than they have parking spaces, so I'm wondering if there are any other places where people park that may not be on the campus? Can you park on the roads of Jesmond or is it too busy during the day?

Also, how much time should I leave for finding a park in the uni? All my lectures/tutes start from 10 am onwards. Is an hour enough or should I try for two?

Thank you

sam5

HSC
I understand that the University sells a lot more parking passes than they have parking spaces, so I'm wondering if there are any other places where people park that may not be on the campus? Can you park on the roads of Jesmond or is it too busy during the day?

Also, how much time should I leave for finding a park in the uni? All my lectures/tutes start from 10 am onwards. Is an hour enough or should I try for two?

Thank you
2 fucking hours? Just to find a carpark?

that place is a joke.

if i have problems gettin a park tomorrow, i wont have regret at turning up to the great hall late thats for sure.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC

Thank you
Apart from Fridays (noone goes to uni on Fridays), if you have a class before 2pm, get there before 9am.

penguin.ali

HSC
Apart from Fridays (noone goes to uni on Fridays), if you have a class before 2pm, get there before 9am.

Really? Wow.

Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the library.

rx34

HSC
My sister used to turn the car into a makeshift bed during her long breaks in engineering (Monash U). She used to nap in there during winter. So you could probably do it too.

Berin

HSC
Well Im assuming its going to be pretty hectic finding a park along with the ever present worry of my car getting vandalised or something whilst parking on the side of the rd (its happened before) so my sister lives at warrabrook (around the corner near hospital) so im getting my walking or cycling legs on and inconveniencing her and parking in her front lawn and continuing from there lol. Think ill get fitter from carrying these bloody text books lol.

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
You're driving from Elemore Vale to Warrabrook, then walking to Uni? I don't know what the traffic is like on that side of the uni, but if it's anything like the traffic on the Jesmond side (which you'll probably have to cut through at some point anyway), you'll save time by walking from Elemore Vale.

Last edited:

Berin

HSC
Yeah I drive though jeso, its not too bad if you get a few good run's.. walking from my house on the other hand, yea that would be a mission haha. I think there are a few back streets I can cut through to get to uni from their place... All to avoid the parking situation geez haha

em_516

bludging..
HSC
You're driving from Elemore Vale to Warrabrook, then walking to Uni? I don't know what the traffic is like on that side of the uni, but if it's anything like the traffic on the Jesmond side (which you'll probably have to cut through at some point anyway), you'll save time by walking from Elemore Vale.
Elermore vale?! Maybe on a bike..

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Pleasantly surprised to get a park in design carpark 8:30 this morning..

University drive, or the street behind it (Kimian Ave); the train station, although there aren't that many.

I parked at Mayfield shpos and got the bus in one day when I had the shits driving around..

Happy searching :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)