Parra Law: Law Foundation and Criminal (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
Hey,

with regards to court attendance what's the general consensus re. detail... they didn't make everything explicit.. like not even always the charge... u reckon just as much as we got down will do?!?

oh, and also, r we to be concerned with font size.. margins etc... like, are they planning on reading it or just checking we've done it?

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
mine is not very detailed

font size 12 times new roman i kept it plain and simple i left the layout the same as the one they put on webCT i just typed on it so i assumed it was how they wanted it

Demandred

HSC
I posted this on the bullitin board, no one answered >L:

Mines range from 100 words to some 160 words for each case. I was pretty light on the Supreme Court cases because bail was not granted, meaning I have nothing to write for bail conditions.

Anyone had trouble getting their information to be completely accurate? The lawyers tend to mumble a lot....

Angel45

HSC
Yeah...mumbling for sure... i thought they'd be more eloquent :S..

yeah i saw a post on webct and was waiting to c the response..

well i spose i can't do much more then write down everything i copied down there and then.. there's nothing extra to look up.. haha.. i swear some of my charges don't even exist.. i made them up from like every 2nd word i got down.

L

LaraB

my supreme court stuff isn't very detailed but my local court s tuff is..

like..for one i found about 10 presumptions, a few exceptions about 6 or 7 s32 bits relevant.. plus police reasons were heaps! long so they're heaps detailed

i wouldn't worry too much since its just a pass/fail thing:)

Angel45

HSC
exactly, and depends on the luck of the draw of what cases u heard...

like none of mine brought up presumptions and thus, no exceptions

Angel45

HSC
the reading 4 this wk for foundation...oh my goodness.

so much maths hey?!?

Had to read the standard deviations and standard error stuff a few times :S

= Jennifer =

HSC
Angel45 said:
the reading 4 this wk for foundation...oh my goodness.

so much maths hey?!?

Had to read the standard deviations and standard error stuff a few times :S

i havent done any work this weekend :eek: i have been out and now i am going out again :rolleyes: i wont be home until about 12am and then i have to be up at 6 2morro :rolleyes:

Angel45

HSC
Don't worry, ur not missing anything...

Have a good time!! Hehe.

I've 4gotten so much yr 12 maths.. i think it left me the min. the HSC examiner lady said pens down.

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
Don't worry, ur not missing anything...

Have a good time!! Hehe.

I've 4gotten so much yr 12 maths.. i think it left me the min. the HSC examiner lady said pens down.
lol only reason whyt i remember all that stuff is we did it ini year 10, 11 and 12 lol

so even though i suck at it i still remember how to do it :)

Angel45

HSC
How much of a rip having to buy the textbook...$65

that's $80 with the reader.

spose it's round crim but still.. so much money.

L

LaraB

Demandred said:
Some of us actually spent $1000 + for text books so far.
wtf?!
how'd u spend so much? that's nuts!

i think after discount adn after buying 2 or 3 other books like butterworths guides and stuff i spent just over $600... did you get all the recommended books too or somethin?

Demandred

HSC
Only brought 3 recomended books so far this year, Butterworths Tutorial Series - Criminal Law 2nd Edition, Butterworth Tutorial Series for Torts and another torts book I cant remember off the top of my head. All together, $250. All my books are new, I am not rich, I worked really hard to get the money, I am sure these will last me decades.

Ask Jen that question :).

L

LaraB

Demandred said:
Only brought 3 recomended books so far this year, Butterworths Tutorial Series - Criminal Law 2nd Edition, Butterworth Tutorial Series for Torts and another torts book I cant remember off the top of my head. All together, $250. All my books are new, I am not rich, I worked really hard to get the money, I am sure these will last me decades.

Ask Jen that question :).
yeah that explains it then...

i got buttworths thingo for crim which was $23 and a legal writing book which was $25...

i never buy recommended stuff coz i don't think its worth the money coz i never have time to read em and my bro says a lot of the crim one especiually is irrelevant,.. like, for $120 i'd be wanting to use more than half of a recommended text book :)

Angel45

HSC
The stupid thing though for foundation is we hadda buy the reader coz the textbook wasn't printed.. now it's printed we have to buy that too.

Angel45

HSC
Hey,

Any1 else finding the law foundation reading starting to get tiresome (even if it is interesting) to get through...esp. when 2 chapters of reading is required!!

I simply can't process it on first read through so I end up reading ova and ova...and making notes from it is also time consuming - i'm uncertain as to what is MOST important....any1 got any suggestions...any1 else wanna rant so I don't feel so alone! hahaha

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
Hey,

Any1 else finding the law foundation reading starting to get tiresome (even if it is interesting) to get through...esp. when 2 chapters of reading is required!!

I simply can't process it on first read through so I end up reading ova and ova...and making notes from it is also time consuming - i'm uncertain as to what is MOST important....any1 got any suggestions...any1 else wanna rant so I don't feel so alone! hahaha
not really anythin we can do apart from read it a bit at a time... i just read say 3 topics - ie 3 bits under separate headings in each chapter, then go do something else, come back and do some more

i don't min dlaw foundation although assignment is damn hard!

i more hate crim... too much 2 read...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)