Parra Law: Law Foundation and Criminal (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
Yeah I find it interesting actually.... the prospect of how much detail will be required in the exam scares me but:S

Yeah, I have to make a start on the assignment.. I have a topic and the linkage in mind but trying to work out an outline b4 i dive into and realise it's going nowwhere:S

Angel45

HSC
Law Foundation Exam

Hey,

Is anyone finding it difficult to do study for this? For example, I go to write say a practice essay on Torts and I end up with a response which basically looks like the textbook chapter – despite bringing in some other references, and maybe a couple of points not mention...Even when I think oh I’ll link something else into it, I read the chapter and that’s already been done too! Any thoughts?

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
Hey,

Is anyone finding it difficult to do study for this? For example, I go to write say a practice essay on Torts and I end up with a response which basically looks like the textbook chapter – despite bringing in some other references, and maybe a couple of points not mention...Even when I think oh I’ll link something else into it, I read the chapter and that’s already been done too! Any thoughts?
thta's why i'm not writing practice essays lol...

simon suggested if you're nuts you can do practice essays for all the questions, bring em into the exam and fit it to the specific question...

or his suggestion as to what anyone not that insane shoul do lol

he said do 3 sets of notes:
1 - summary of the readings
2 - summary of notes according to theme eg science, logic, environment, crime etc
3 - a 1 page summary of everything

he sai dideally, in the exam you should only need to look at (3) but if you get lost then look at (2) and if that's no help go right down to (1)

save searching through a text book for the answers

Angel45

HSC
LaraB said:
thta's why i'm not writing practice essays lol...

simon suggested if you're nuts you can do practice essays for all the questions, bring em into the exam and fit it to the specific question...

or his suggestion as to what anyone not that insane shoul do lol

he said do 3 sets of notes:
1 - summary of the readings
2 - summary of notes according to theme eg science, logic, environment, crime etc
3 - a 1 page summary of everything

he sai dideally, in the exam you should only need to look at (3) but if you get lost then look at (2) and if that's no help go right down to (1)

save searching through a text book for the answers
Thanks heaps - i shall do.

But what I don't get is...i'll go in there with ur page of notes and summary of the reading etc... say okay a summary of the chpt on Torts...
say the q. is "evaluate tort law... or i dunno.. how effective is tort law" etc...
i glance at my notes and essentially end up with an essay that's just like the chapter coz i've covered the same points... and i'll prolly end up fleshing out the points subconsciously in the same way the chpt does....even though i think i'll draw something from say the stuff on science.. the chapter has done that too so it looks like it's straight from there.

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
Thanks heaps - i shall do.

But what I don't get is...i'll go in there with ur page of notes and summary of the reading etc... say okay a summary of the chpt on Torts...
say the q. is "evaluate tort law... or i dunno.. how effective is tort law" etc...
i glance at my notes and essentially end up with an essay that's just like the chapter coz i've covered the same points... and i'll prolly end up fleshing out the points subconsciously in the same way the chpt does....even though i think i'll draw something from say the stuff on science.. the chapter has done that too so it looks like it's straight from there.
its the same as the assignmemnt

yes the text book 'answers' it but its not the only answer...

really, what we're expected to do, is form our own opinion/answer and use the textbook to back it up or other sources..

so you're not really meant to use the textbook to create an answer more use it to support an answer.

ist the easiest way to avoid jus copying the textbooks.. if all else fails n you don't wanna jus be copying the textbook, take the opposing side or use the textbook as an eg of resources that may be able to be criticised/contradictioned ie evaluate the 'source'

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
For my notes, I'm doing 2 pages worth of notes for each chapter. Figure I'll be able to just grab the set of two notes and apply what i've got written there to any question...?

So that i'm not copying the textbook I have used Wikipedia / googled alot of my information.

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
For my notes, I'm doing 2 pages worth of notes for each chapter. Figure I'll be able to just grab the set of two notes and apply what i've got written there to any question...?

So that i'm not copying the textbook I have used Wikipedia / googled alot of my information.

lol 2 pages for each chapter?... man, some of the chapters - the actual formulas themselves take up 5 or 6 pages lol :p

don't forget too a fair few of the readings weren't from the textbooks...

plus u should bring in ur assignmemnt if u got a good mark on it coz technically u got answers 2 2questions full prepared there....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well... I'm not very smart :eek:
BTW I don't know which readings weren't in the text books cuz I was in mann's class, and all we did was read from the textbook and talk. Anything that gets asked that isn't from the textbook I will be screwed on.

Thanks for the bringing my assignment idea, that's a good one :)

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
Well... I'm not very smart :eek:
BTW I don't know which readings weren't in the text books cuz I was in mann's class, and all we did was read from the textbook and talk. Anything that gets asked that isn't from the textbook I will be screwed on.

Thanks for the bringing my assignment idea, that's a good one :)

well since scott's the unit coord, i doubt he'll be askin stuff u didn't do in teh exam...

its mainly the stuff on racism - the websites listed in the outline

n simon gave us a few for the media stuff instead of the ones in the unit outline..

if u really want em - email Simon, i'm sure he'd send u the links

Angel45

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make 100% sure --> we can bring ANYTHING in yeah for law found?

Ta.

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make 100% sure --> we can bring ANYTHING in yeah for law found?

Ta.
anything except Uni Library books:)

Oh and PS - Simon's Law Foundation class - class marks and total final interim marks are up:)

Ooh - and if you got 51/60 - plz tell lol coz i wanna know who are the 2 people who beat me lol coz i got 40

i luv simon lol - no one 'failed' class participation - so nice when u get nice lecturers lol so that means like nearly everyone's got over 30/60 so far:)

Angel45

HSC
heya,

that's cool re. everything.

participation for our class (scott's) was /10 for our talk and /10 for like talking in class/attendance.

L

LaraB

Angel45 said:
heya,

that's cool re. everything.

participation for our class (scott's) was /10 for our talk and /10 for like talking in class/attendance.
for ALL STUDENTS - its 10 marks purely attendance, 10 marks for participation, be it panels or talks or general participation - see unit outline.

it then specifies that you may elect to have attendece or participation count for 15 and te other5 but otherwise it's 10 and 10 for everyone.

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
were we given 2 participation marks?
scott told me i got 9/10 but it seems participation is 20 =(
just like to say - to those who've been bitching bout simon being a shit teacher and an easy marker - not targeted at you NTB just in case you thought it was:) - Scott's classes seems to have waaaaaaaay more people geting 16/20+ compared to our class... in other words yeah no one in simon's class failed but no one got 20 and very few got 19/18... most were around to 13-15 area...

so basically - stop bitching coz the marks show otherwise.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
just like to say - to those who've been bitching bout simon being a shit teacher and an easy marker - not targeted at you NTB just in case you thought it was - Scott's classes seems to have waaaaaaaay more people geting 16/20+ compared to our class... in other words yeah no one in simon's class failed but no one got 20 and very few got 19/18... most were around to 13-15 area...

From what I saw most people in my class at least didn't do so well, most got marks around the 15 mark, and a few failed.

I got the highest mark at 34.

As for participation, Mann has no idea so he's just gone by who talks the most.

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
From what I saw most people in my class at least didn't do so well, most got marks around the 15 mark, and a few failed.

I got the highest mark at 34.

As for participation, Mann has no idea so he's just gone by who talks the most.
lol thats what i meant - people were saying simon's easy marker if u talk heaps he gives u good marks, if he likes u he gives u good marks but it doesn't work that way wit him... sum of the people who talked the most got the lowest marks coz,...well...to put it nicely.... they were absolutely full of shit all semester...

lol if u talking bout the assignments, i got 3rd top mark i think? n i got 32.8 so our assignments were bout the same as far as how it was marked - not many at the top.. not many D's.. shitload of C's n P's.. very few fails...

i was so happy but today - went into Exam and realised - hey i'm already on 50/60 lol so i've already passed th unit lol i only neede 15/40 for a credit haha

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol if u talking bout the assignments, i got 3rd top mark i think? n i got 32.8 so our assignments were bout the same as far as how it was marked - not many at the top.. not many D's.. shitload of C's n P's.. very few fails...
Yea, I wonder if they'll scale us up? :D

i was so happy but today - went into Exam and realised - hey i'm already on 50/60 lol so i've already passed th unit lol i only neede 15/40 for a credit haha
I'm so depressed over the exam... It was so simply/easy but I stuffed up with my time management and filled up a book each for 2 of the questions but only did 4 pages for the other one.

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
Yea, I wonder if they'll scale us up? :D

I'm so depressed over the exam... It was so simply/easy but I stuffed up with my time management and filled up a book each for 2 of the questions but only did 4 pages for the other one.

lol note - happy going into the exam haha - i stuffed the 3rd essay - i wrote 12, 12 and 10pages...

did 1st logic question, 1st science questin and racism but heapsa other ppl did em 2 so first bad point lol :(

plus the last question lol it was shocking - pulled answers outa my ass for that one lol

lol i hope they scale it up:D coz i got freaking 82% like.. 1 mark of a damn HD!!! so annoyed wit that lol:p

Angel45

HSC
LaraB said:
just like to say - to those who've been bitching bout simon being a shit teacher and an easy marker - not targeted at you NTB just in case you thought it was:) - Scott's classes seems to have waaaaaaaay more people geting 16/20+ compared to our class... in other words yeah no one in simon's class failed but no one got 20 and very few got 19/18... most were around to 13-15 area...

I had simon for intro to law, he's an awesome teacher and I reckon he's heaps fair aye.

LaraB said:
lol note - happy going into the exam haha - i stuffed the 3rd essay - i wrote 12, 12 and 10pages...

did 1st logic question, 1st science questin and racism but heapsa other ppl did em 2 so first bad point lol :(

plus the last question lol it was shocking - pulled answers outa my ass for that one lol

lol i hope they scale it up:D coz i got freaking 82% like.. 1 mark of a damn HD!!! so annoyed wit that lol:p
I did torts, globalisation (focusing on enviro) and umm... liberalism/marixsm etc.
I studied more international law for enviro so i was lucky i could use it in the globalisation q..coz the last one was mainly Australian law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)