Passengers and alcohol (1 Viewer)

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just wondering if this is okay?

Can my passengers in my car drink alcohol while I drive? I won't be drinking at all because I am the designated driver, but my friends have a habit of drinking alcohol in my car when I drive... and I'm just wondering if I'll be in any trouble?

Thanks.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I'm just wondering if this is okay?

Can my passengers in my car drink alcohol while I drive? I won't be drinking at all because I am the designated driver, but my friends have a habit of drinking alcohol in my car when I drive... and I'm just wondering if I'll be in any trouble?

Thanks.
If they're all over 18 it should be fine.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not a problem but it's not good to have too many smashed/high/drunk people in your car especially if they are aggressive- it can be a distraction. i.e. there are no legal implications but you need to stay in control of the situation if you're the driver.

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah everyone is over 18 years of age, and yeah I'm in control of the vehicle at all times. None of my friends are aggressive drunks... it's just social drinking if you get what I mean.

Zozo6969

HSC
no open alcohol in any car that is being driven. however u can still carry drunk passengers obviously.

Bananaberry

HSC
I got pulled over for an RBT once. My partner was in the car next to me drinking alcohol and the cops didnt say anything, but he was so drunk, that when I got RBT'ed the alcohol that was in the air registered on the breath tester. Of course it was nothing near .05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)