past HSC: did you flunk trials but managed to do well? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It most certainly can, you just have to smash the HSC exam.
+1

If you've flunked or think you've flunked an exam there's no point dwelling on it. You're better off studying your but off for other subjects so that you ace the rest of your trials and the HSC exams :)

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
okay so this didn't happen to me (because I'm doing the HSC this year...)
But my teacher was telling me about a girl who was ranked pretty badly in english, only got about 75% for an internal mark, but ended up getting 95 for english overall
and she got over 90 in her ATAR too :)
I'm seriously hoping this sort of thing can happen to me too
Whoa. That has really motivated me, seriously!! Thanks for posting that :) :) :)

*Goes to study for Ancient Trial exam for tomorrow lol*

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Real life story kiddos,

One of my best mates stuffed up her HSC and she still ended up getting an 85+ UAI. Its still possible because you have the main HSC component to go, so long as you ace the final exam, you will be fine since for the HSC marks its 50% internal overall with 50% HSC scaled mark

Hope this helps =D

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Cocopops needs to chill the fuck out. Just sayin'

presprincess

HSC
If i am going to get an average of about 80s for all my subjects (mid range subjects) in my internal mark, can i possibly get a band 6 overall (including hsc mark) ?

absorber

HSC
marks don't matter, ranks do. What are your subj ranks/ school rank

absorber

HSC
sounds alright, but need to know how big your school- how many people are in your subjects, i.e. 3-5/x amount. Also, can't give anything accurate without school rank

presprincess

HSC
hmm i guess ill have to wait and see how everyone else goes !
thanks anyway

Vandalism

HSC
Re: Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

Generally, trials are made harder than the actual HSC. It's to prepare you for them.

Consider this, wouldn't you rather fail your trial and be pleasantly surprised at how easy the HSC is compared to them, rather than doing fantastically well in an easy trial then being surprised at how hard the HSC is.

Also, in regards to the actual flunking trials but doing well, like everyone said it really depends on the factors of how everyone else performed in the trial, what your current rank is and what your school's rank is.

lary

HSC
Im just wondering if you have screwed up all year and your ranked pretty low in all your subjects, if you where to do exceptionaly well in your HSC exam is it still possible to get a good not great UAI or ATAR as it is now?

kingdomboredom

HSC
I would like someone's expert opinion please: I did shit in my trials (as in just above or below pass mark)My rank is not fabulous. But then, a lot of other people in some of my classes didn't do so well either. My best sub is Eng Ext 2 and my internal mark for that is something to smile about. All I want to know is, is it even remotely possible for me to get a ATAR over 80 at all? (I plan to do well in my externals-really I am)

This fucking frustrates me like nothing else. I could've done so much better. If I do really well in HSC, could I get over 80? Please tell me if I'm fucked. :(

M@ster P

HSC
Re: Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

Generally, trials are made harder than the actual HSC. It's to prepare you for them.

Consider this, wouldn't you rather fail your trial and be pleasantly surprised at how easy the HSC is compared to them, rather than doing fantastically well in an easy trial then being surprised at how hard the HSC is.

Also, in regards to the actual flunking trials but doing well, like everyone said it really depends on the factors of how everyone else performed in the trial, what your current rank is and what your school's rank is.
i thought the cssa trials were easier then the hsc for physics and maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)