past HSC: did you flunk trials but managed to do well? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I did pretty badly in my english trial but still managed to pull an 89 for english (which would be terrible for some, but very good for others) and a 95+ UAI, which was a bit suprising.

spoonbender

HSC
Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

I have failed epically on all my trials so far, and I somehow don't think it's gonna pick up anytime soon. Not once have I used a second booklet and I have rarely even filled up one booklet. This is pretty bad considering I do Advanced English, Business Studies and Modern History.

Now that I've stuffed up my trials and hence my rank, can I kiss any Band 6 aspirations goodbye? Is there no chance that I'll get 90 for my ATAR? If there is any hope (which I doubt) how much would I have to get in the HSC exams?

anom1ly

HSC
Re: Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

chill. almost everyone i know has fucked up their trials.

spoonbender

HSC

I don't think I'm capable of producing such quality that can compensate for that much quantity.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

I don't think I'm capable of producing such quality that can compensate for that much quantity.
Don't worry, for modern it is quality. You can get a 25/25 mark essay with ~6 pages in an exam booklet if you write well enough.

And yes, lots of people screw up trials. That's why they're called trials - it's preparation for the HSC. You may think that you have no hope now, but you're better studying your arse off right now, as you actually might have a chance. Otherwise you'll regret giving up before giving everything your best shot.

Good luck :)

omniscience

HSC
N/A

Don't worry, for modern it is quality. You can get a 25/25 mark essay with ~6 pages in an exam booklet if you write well enough.

And yes, lots of people screw up trials. That's why they're called trials - it's preparation for the HSC. You may think that you have no hope now, but you're better studying your arse off right now, as you actually might have a chance. Otherwise you'll regret giving up before giving everything your best shot.

Good luck :)
well sed biatch i dun my trials i did well so aint nobody got shit on me nigga

0hNivlek

HSC

The trials are designed to blow you away so you don't slack off until the HSC knowing that you pwned it lol. Or so my teachers say.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I did pretty badly in my english trial but still managed to pull an 89 for english (which would be terrible for some, but very good for others) and a 95+ UAI, which was a bit suprising.
what was your school rank?

jet

Banned
HSC

Don't worry, I was talking to my English Teacher, who is also the coordinator, a few weeks ago and she said the BOS sent her an email saying that they need to emphasise quality not quantity. For each advanced english essay, they actually recommend 6 exam booklet pages. They don't care about you being able to regurgitate each and every quote; it's about being concise and to the point in a way that allows you to answer the question. So don't worry - you may have done just that.

hollaholla

HSC

I have failed epically on all my trials so far, and I somehow don't think it's gonna pick up anytime soon. Not once have I used a second booklet and I have rarely even filled up one booklet. This is pretty bad considering I do Advanced English, Business Studies and Modern History.

Now that I've stuffed up my trials and hence my rank, can I kiss any Band 6 aspirations goodbye? Is there no chance that I'll get 90 for my ATAR? If there is any hope (which I doubt) how much would I have to get in the HSC exams?
have you got your results?? how do you know you've messed up so bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)