Paternity tests prove hundreds of men duped (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
MOTHERS are being forced to pay back as much as $60,000 to men they wrongly claimed fathered their children following a contentious reform of child support laws.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal 18 men, cleared by DNA testing, have made use of changes permitting them to claw back funds paid through the Child Support Agency.

More than 300 men have been cleared by DNA of being fathers. Documents obtained under Freedom of Information show orders for $171,567 to be returned have so far been made against the mothers.

Angry women's groups said last night that it would be the children at the centre of the disputes who would suffer most if money were paid back.

The money is being garnisheed from mothers' incomes by the Child Support Agency in the same way that payments are taken from the wages of non-custodial fathers.

In each case the duped men were able to prove beyond doubt in the courts they were not the fathers based on DNA paternity testing.

The new law, section 143 of the Child Support (Assessment) Act, requires the Family Court to consider issuing orders for repayment where paternity is successfully challenged and child support has been paid.

In the biggest case, Queensland man Ken Rodgers obtained orders for the repayment of $60,000 after making child support contributions over a decade to a woman who refused to even send him a photograph of his alleged child.

But not every man who is disproving paternity using DNA testing through the courts is getting his money back.

A Child Support Agency spokesman said courts decide on a section 143 order based on "particular circumstances of the parties".

But making mothers pay back child support was last night condemned by women's groups.

Sole Parent's Union president Kathleen Swinbourne said garnisheeing a mother's wages would only hurt the child.

"The money has already been spent on rearing the child," she said. "If the mother is forced to pay it back, its hard to imagine the child won't be disadvantaged."

She said men should raise doubts about paternity when they are first told they are a father.

Men's Rights Agency director Sue Price said men wrongly named as a father of a child were entitled to justice.

She said all child support payments made by a man should be "refunded in full" by the Child Support Agency where paternity is successfully challenged and then recouped from the woman.

"A woman's knows who she's been with in a particular month," she said.

"They must know if there is any doubt about whether the man they are pointing their finger at is actually the father."

The repayments are being made despite a landmark 2006 High Court ruling that stripped a $70,000 compensation payment for pain and suffering to father Liam Magill.

The High Court ruled there was no legal obligation for husbands and wives who cheat on each other to disclose their infidelity.
TBH I think it's a crock. There should be mandatory testing required for all submissions for child support. I think at the moment, it's the fathers responsibility to prove he isn't the father, but too many don't doet.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
suck shit to the dumb sluts, that will teach them to sleep around then try and pin it on one guy who isnt even the father.. Half the time they KNOW he isnt the father, they just need someone sufficiently gullible who wont question it or ask for a paternity test so they can hussle some child support.

boris

Banned
HSC
Fucking sluts.

I have to prove im a student/abo/looking for work to get a centrelink paymet etc but these whores can just point the finger at any bloke who was dumb enough to want to stick his knob in her.

boris

Banned
HSC
ziggy.zoozah said:
I think this is a bit one-sided to be honest...
mmm interesting. on another note, Tits out for the boys.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
One sided?

Have you taken any notice of family law of late? Men have been getting fucked over for years and years, and only recently has it begun to swing back towards a FAIR and EQUAL system, where fathers aren't getting fucked so hard by the Judge.

Notice that this is an example of people who are INCORRECTLY being hit with PATERNITY suits. Sure, lets find a way to disprove the baby growing inside you isn't actually yours (without having engaged in surrogacy procedures) and make you pay child support. When that happens, fucken yay, i'll support the male paying it back.

Until then, get off your moral high horse, stop the Greer bullshit and use that fucking brain you so desperately wish for us to acknowledge.
I think this is a bit extravagant. I mean 'men have been getting fucked over for years and years, and only just has it begun to swing back towards a fair and equal system...stop the Greer bullshit'
And please - why shouldn't we desperately want you to acknowledge our brain? That is a bit strange.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
Neither you nor ziggy have made a single argument to support your point.
That's isn't a crime. It's hard to argue against ppl who have obviously already made up their minds and look like they won't budge. I didn't want to bother to write about my view and everything that is wrong with their's. I just wanted ziggy to know that she isn't alone.

Ps. - look at the post above you - it was written by me.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Tbh, you didn't say much in that post either.
Never said I did. But what i wrote was a good point anyway. Reread what I wrote to you please - eg it isn't a crime...

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Rockyroad said:
It's hard to argue against ppl who have obviously already made up their minds and look like they won't budge.
It's hard to change their mind, but it's not hard to argue with them..
You haven't put forward an argument at all. Just a load of empty statements.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Tbh, you didn't say much in that post either.
Never said I did. Please reread my post eg it isn't a crime etc.
Ps. what does Tbh mean?
Thanks

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Rockyroad said:
Ps. what does Tbh mean?
Thanks
'to be honest'

You really are the new ziggy.

HSC
Rockyroad said:
Ps. what does Tbh mean?
Thanks
You already quoted me on the previous page.
Btw, I don't think 'eg' means what you think it means..

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
ziggy.zoozah said:
I think this is a bit one-sided to be honest...
You're right. What about all the cases where it's the guy who has an affair and the woman has to pay for a kid that's not hers?!

Anyway, I interpret the bit about "circumstances" to mean rich fathers duped don't get their money back, but poor ones do. Or rich mothers are forced to give back, but not poor ones.

If that's the case, I support the amendment.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
to anyone who doesn't think the wimminz shud have to pay back the $$$,

when i have kids, i'll give you my paypal and you can send 60k the way of me and whoever the mother happens to be

you shouldn't mind, on principle... plus it'll help us raise the child. Do you want our child to be disadvantaged?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
You already quoted me on the previous page.
Btw, I don't think 'eg' means what you think it means..
Yea sorry about quoting you twice. Erratic internet made me think I hadn't posted yet. I know what eg means, sorry if I didn't use it perfectly or technically, you can tell what I was saying so it doesn't matter imo. No one is gramatically correct on this site, EG leaving out apostrophes - but it's ok if ppl know what you mean. I think you were just saying that to suggest I am dumb which is rather feeble.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)