penalties: no P display + no license on hand (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
quick question, got pulled over yesterday, Forgot to put P's on[thought they were allready on, but some1 musta taken em off as a joke] and didnt have license on hand cause iwas picking dad up from the pub 2 mins down the road. Double demerits? dang

conversation went like this: "wheres your p plates mate?" "behind the numberplates" " no they arent" "....godamnit"
checked RTA have no idea what the penalties will be, hopefully no demmerits and $100 fine but i doubt i will escape that easily

Oh well, lesson learned : always have license on hand even going down the road in your pajamas, and check to make sure plates are displayed before you drive off

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Not having P plates is a $175 fine with 2 demerit points. Not sure about not having your licence.

CieL

HSC
Yeah last time my bf came to pick me up he didnt have a licence on him at the RBT.. The cop asked him if he had any offences, rarara.. then he checked the database.. and it confirmed that everything my bf said was true and he got let off with a warning..

But he had his p-plates on.. So yeah, depends on what the cop said to you and depends whether or not he let you off or not?

HSC
N/A
ouch, that's a double whammy to be caught without P-plates and without your license at the same time... :S hope it doesn't get too yucky

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I didn't think double demerits applied to not displaying P plates.

I want to know if a cop is going to care that I have red P's on my car instead of green ones. I figure displaying P plates that are below my actual experience level is fair enough.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i got pulled over for not having L plates put on properly by my Dad with no previous offenses and still copped the fine. fucking pigs. how the hell did your boyfriend get off without a licence? i hate the police.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
double demerits is only for speeding and not wearing seatbelts

speaking of which, i didnt know it was double demerits from fri-tues until yesterday afternoon! fuck!

phungus

HSC
Serius said:
quick question, got pulled over yesterday, Forgot to put P's on[thought they were allready on, but some1 musta taken em off as a joke] and didnt have license on hand cause iwas picking dad up from the pub 2 mins down the road. Double demerits? dang
wow that's so bad luck. Only 2mins down the road and you got pulled over.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
breaking said:
double demerits is only for speeding and not wearing seatbelts

speaking of which, i didnt know it was double demerits from fri-tues until yesterday afternoon! fuck!
Ahh crap. I second that. ><

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I didn't think double demerits applied to not displaying P plates.

I want to know if a cop is going to care that I have red P's on my car instead of green ones. I figure displaying P plates that are below my actual experience level is fair enough.
I know someone who lost his licence for not displaying P-Plates.

You are allowed to have red Ps on the car, even when you are a green P plater or even a full licenced person. A female cop told me that once. She drives on reds herself sometimes. Don't know if those particular rules have changed in the last three years though.

X

xeuyrawp

Ah that sucks. Sometimes I think it would be easier to get another card and leave it in my car than constantly ensuring I have my wallet.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
is there a fine or something for not having yr card? cos i know my licence number off the top of my head..

Bananaman

HSC
N/A
I've actually heard of some people getting 2 points per missing P plate..
As of 1/7/05.. In Double Demerit times, theres no extra demerits applied to another other than speeding/DUI/seatbelts..
If you've got a clean record you should be able to get out of it pretty easily. Just get references from someone in a respectable position saying that you're responsible etc etc and your parents/a family member saying they rely on you to drive for some reason or another. Like you need it for transport to Uni, or you need to pick up younger siblings/cousins)

Edit: (from: http://www.law4u.com.au)
Not carrying your license
You must carry your licence with you when you are driving. You can receive an on-the-spot fine if you don't have your licence and you are stopped by the police.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
transcendent said:
i got pulled over for not having L plates put on properly by my Dad with no previous offenses and still copped the fine. fucking pigs. how the hell did your boyfriend get off without a licence? i hate the police.
The police in your area must be heaps strict..

When I was on my Ls I used to put them either half behind my number plate (if not, it'll fall off), or inside behind my spoiler...

With my Ls on display I've never been pulled over or told to go to an RBT (they'd wave me away)..

He did have a licence.. Just that it was in his wallet.. at home.. =S

Guess he just got lucky with a sick cunt of a police officer =]

Dr_Doom

HSC
Serius said:

conversation went like this: "wheres your p plates mate?" "behind the numberplates" " no they arent" "....godamnit"
checked RTA have no idea what the penalties will be, hopefully no demmerits and $100 fine but i doubt i will escape that easily

Oh well, lesson learned : always have license on hand even going down the road in your pajamas, and check to make sure plates are displayed before you drive off
How did he know you were a P plater in the first place? Also my Ps are always falling off from the window. Do you recon they would fine you for having 1 P on the front and none on the back?

Pace_T

HSC
so how exactly do u do display the p plates.. coz i always hear how people get booked for not having them on right and i have no idea what the right way is.
thankss

Dr_Doom

HSC
I put them on the bottom left of the inside of the windshield... They are those ones that stick to glass. At first I didn't know how I was meant to put em on, and I put them on the outside of the car rofl!

CieL

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Do you recon they would fine you for having 1 P on the front and none on the back?
I think they do..
My friend used to always say that they know they dropped one and is going to the RTA to get a replacement..

Pace_T said:
so how exactly do u do display the p plates.. coz i always hear how people get booked for not having them on right and i have no idea what the right way is.
thankss
Clearly on display.

If outside:
Either show your whole plate by using those plate holder things... or use a magnetic plate.. I guess you can get away with having a corner tucked behind your number plate but you musnt block the coloured bits

If inside:
Plate must be pressed against the glass. Rear plate is behind the driver's seat area, whilst front plate is in front of the passenger area. No obstructions (eg. spoiler).. And i'm not sure how it works if your tint is really dark.

Yeahh.. that's all I can think of atm

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You are allowed to have red Ps on the car, even when you are a green P plater or even a full licenced person. A female cop told me that once. She drives on reds herself sometimes. Don't know if those particular rules have changed in the last three years though.
This is true, however you must obey their restrictions. I.E, I'm unrestricted, and if I so desired I could drive with reds on my car. However, I would be limited to 0 BAC, 90KM/hr, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)