• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

penultimate students (1 Viewer)

fugi

HSC
as its that time of year with internships, just wondering if ppl culd clear up some confusion on my behalf with the whole 'penultimate' aspect of it. im a 2nd year combined comm/law student...so i would be in my 'penultimate' year, if i was doing a single degree of commerce...but then technically im not cos my uni study is 5yrs. so can anyone shed some light on how it is for law students? are they penultimates in 2nd yr or not?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
as its that time of year with internships, just wondering if ppl culd clear up some confusion on my behalf with the whole 'penultimate' aspect of it. im a 2nd year combined comm/law student...so i would be in my 'penultimate' year, if i was doing a single degree of commerce...but then technically im not cos my uni study is 5yrs. so can anyone shed some light on how it is for law students? are they penultimates in 2nd yr or not?
Your penultimate year is your second last year of university. They're interested in people who will be applying for the graduate programme in the following year.

Prada_Girl

HSC
I know of someone who had gotten into the program in the second year of study - same as you! However, to be considered alongside the 'eligible' penultimate year students in the field, you should have gained a distinction or above average, also your part-time work/extra curriculars should be quite good and your application question answers should be top notch!

Also, I think if you're having trouble comprehending our answers here, why not give the HR manager a call to see what they think you should do?? It's always good to build up a relationship with them from the start ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)