• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (2 Viewers)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
oh i mean like daily studying , when i get home from school kinda thing

and yea wat about assignments and homework , does that come before studying?

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
oh i mean like daily studying , when i get home from school kinda thing

and yea wat about assignments and homework , does that come before studying?
well it would depend. You see the way I see it, is that homework is sorta studying to a certain extent.....and assignments are truely a godsend....if the teacher gives you the criteria it can be realllly easy to get full marks on......and i guess your school-based assessments count to 50% of your hsc..so thats pretty damn important to do well....

in my situation, i would do my homework first....but NOT count it as study......and then study.....assignments i usually do in between study periods as they arent always as mentally challenging as study.....u get me? Prob not.....*sigh*

Seraph

HSC
N/A
yea alrite i see , but what about old topics??? i mean daily you cant revise every topic you've done in each course.. once we do a topic... does that mean to forget about it until the exams???

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
yea alrite i see , but what about old topics??? i mean daily you cant revise every topic you've done in each course.. once we do a topic... does that mean to forget about it until the exams???
make notes for the older topics and then do the other topics...then bfore exam time-cram!!!

Seraph

HSC
N/A
uhh well actually

see i try to revise my work for ALL of my subjects daily

ive been trying this , sure it worked at the start but as i get more homework it gets harder to actually do homework/assessments for the required subjects and then study my notes for all the subjects

so im thinking maybe i should do allocate time to complete homework and then study (revise over notes n stuff) 2 subjects each day or somethin... agreed?

tempco

HSC
meh I don't think HW is study study... study would be something that isn't assigned to you by your teacher, like revision, or doing extra work on your current topic to improve yourself.

EDIT: Actually, hw would be studying for the topic you're doing.. so I guess it could be called study.. life is so confusing...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
meh I don't think HW is study study... study would be something that isn't assigned to you by your teacher, like revision, or doing extra work on your current topic to improve yourself.

EDIT: Actually, hw would be studying for the topic you're doing.. so I guess it could be called study.. life is so confusing...
of course if it is not classed as study, what is the point of it? :rolleyes: yeah, usually teachers give homework to consolidate your understanding and to research/learn new things...so yeah, it has to b included as studying.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Anything which involves whatever subject you do is study. You can't say I did no study for an exam, because I did no extra work, but did HW every night.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Hiya evereeone,
I have this el-crappo English teacher (check out the quotes in my signature..there allllll her) and every time we do a task she tells me to integrate my texts in my response...but she's a bit smart challenged so wen i ask her how to she tells me to write with a sentance. (WTF????) can any one out there help me please???? my frend sed that u shud compare and contrasts texts against each other, but wut im wondering is if u say in ur intro that ull be talkin bout text 1, text 2, text 3 to relate to text 4 bla bla bla do u have to relate each text in every point u make?? or can u, say, use text 1 to relate to text 4 in one point (say ur talking about the use of allusions) then use text 2 to relate to text 4 in another point (like the use of satire in both texts)??

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Agent Z
to each his own...u cant tell someone else how to study....every person has to have there own plan so they can stick to it themselves.....and it has to be realistic.....i remember in the younger years my plan was like

7:00 - 12:00 - study
12:00-12:30 - lunch
12:30 - 6:00 - Study
6:00 - 7:00 - Dinner
7:00 - 10:00 - Study

well you see that was really stupid..coz i never did ANY of it, it was tooo optamistic.....you really just have to make sure YOU can do it.....and i usually reward my eslf with something after I have finshed every period of study such as going on hte net for lyk 30 mins....
woah thats unrealistic, i do at least 5 minutes of studying then the next 3hours is resting time for me

Huy

HSC
N/A
Holy smoke!

Ten thousand views! This was one of my first threads that I had (lurked) in, when I first learned about BOS. I remember reading the first few pages and getting a few hints.

My advice: read everything, even if you think you know it, read it again and again - repetition and good habits are the key :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Holy smoke!

Ten thousand views! This was one of my first threads that I had (lurked) in, when I first learned about BOS. I remember reading the first few pages and getting a few hints.

My advice: read everything, even if you think you know it, read it again and again - repetition and good habits are the key :)
lol, yeah, i read all the advice- but never implemented it though. :mad1:

Winston

HSC
I think if you stop thinking about BOS and farting you'll go really good!! :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Actually it works. You distract your competition. :p (And drag down your Assessment marks at the same time.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)