People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Skillo,

I've always handwritten my own notes, as I prefer to read my own handwriting than Times New Roman.

I don't write as fast, but I learn a lot more, when I'm reading and writing (over reading and typing, or simply typing, without any 'analysis'). Plus, I like to look at my own handwriting, it's very neat, IMO.

:)

HSC
dats soo true... COZ i hate my handwritting!
typing all da way

tips:
1. stick to the syllabus and learn the dot pts
2. keep asking questions + getting the best answers
3. DON'T GIVE UP!!!

;)

i was getting crap marks for maths ext 1 but somehow i got an E3
and i'm gonna ram it down my teachers face becoz he thought i couldnt do it

Classic

I also have a word of advice:
If u don't like maths, ur not good at it and u won't need it later on, DON'T DO IT ...
I did advanced maths - failed my way through the whole thing, hated it and not one of my Uni preferences involve maths AT ALL. But it was like some un-spoken rule that every1 HAD to do maths, so I stuck with it. I got 65 and having 11 units, only 1 unit of it counted. I managed 2 get 94.1 regardless but I wish I hadn't done it!!!
Sorry - but maths just isn't my thing ... but hey, if ur good at it, go 4 it - it scales fantastically.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
wow, i can contribute

i say make notes. and i type my notes, because i am not worried i will lose the hard copy, they cna be updated, and i can print a new copy for every exam time

keep up to date

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
omgosh omgosh omgosh i HATE maths tooooo - i kept it even though i had 13 units. inevitably, with no study and no talent for it, 2 U maths didn't count...

but I could have used those study periods!

My advice - if maths is not needed and u suck at it - DROP IT IMMEDIATELY!

PrettyNoose

HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
omgosh omgosh omgosh i HATE maths tooooo - i kept it even though i had 13 units. inevitably, with no study and no talent for it, 2 U maths didn't count...

will do, will do

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi

That's true about most subjects (the obvious exception being English, of course). :D

Classic

From all the info I have gathered, if u do higher scaling subjects, eg. 3 / 4 unit maths, Physics, Chem, Latin ... etc. ur marks in each course need to be somewhere 80 and up to get a UAI over 90. (if u get marks over 90 for all of these subjects, most likely, u r looking at a UAI over 98!!! ) For lower scaling subjects, im under the impression that if u get over 90 / band 6 / E4 in the majority or every one of ur courses, u will get a UAI over 90 for sure - most likely over 95, in most cases - regardless of the courses u have completed. Any thoughts on this? :/
p.s. if u can't do maths, don't do it!!!!!
u have been deprived of this in regard to english, take full advantage of ur right to choose to keep maths / drop it ... it's a blessing!!! I came out of the maths exam telling every1 I should have dropped it - I don't need it at all next year!!!!! Don't get me wrong, ppl who are good at maths are truly amazing and should use this to full advantage, but don't listen to every1 who tells u to do maths - English is not for air heads!!! It is hard and complex, it is not the easier option .... it is just as hard as maths in its own right .... sorry, but my dad is a HSC physics teacher / marker and he reckons Maths is SO important and english isn't.... Im hopeless at maths ... but I still did it - i wish I hadn't!!!!!!! 4 Unit English Rocked. Sorry every1, the stresses of the past year have now been laid to rest. :)(and u have born the brunt! :( ) Target UAI achieved!!!! And now I am eternally happy. No more maths 4 eva!!!! :D

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
when ppl say syllabus dot points you dont mean outcomes right?

cause the IPT and SDD syllabus really confuses me ?? its all over the place

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
when ppl say syllabus dot points you dont mean outcomes right?

cause the IPT and SDD syllabus really confuses me ?? its all over the place
na its not the outcomes, but rather the points under the "students learn to" and "students learn" column.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)