• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

Re: get current data too

Originally posted by Halba
for eco placing it in the current context guarantees you the top band
for those who don't understand, like me, what do you mean exactly by 'current context'.What is that?

Originally posted by tammer
got 93 in maths. just keep up and maths is just practise practise practise. just do your work, and its fairly sinple to gain the band 6
which maths? general or mathematics? what rank did you get at your school?

Originally posted by Osiris
this may be stating the obvious but alot of people dont actually do this, concentrate on what your writting/typing as you make your notes
that is hard on concentrate at 50 word a min.My tip is to write your own notes by hand in print so you can flash back on the things you once wrote down.I could see my print in my head.

Originally posted by dansnation
i got 93 for music.. hmmm... if you do music, well just listen to alot of it, and know your concepts.
i know, put a tone to the notes you take,if you're musically creative.You could be the next eninem of the hsc.He's a hint for business studies fans- ' Move your body remember all the 4 ps.....'

Originally posted by Badaboom
I became a hermit for eight months, studied from 3.30pm to 9.00pm everyday, during my free periods, all throughout the holidays and right up until my last exam. Saying that, it was definately worth it!
what was ur uai? like 99? you must have been really tied!

Originally posted by spice girl
I guess there's different study methods for different subjects:

english: write write write
sciences: cram cram cram
maths: think think think
and physics, drop drop drop! get it? gravity is a beautiful thing.
I think sor 2 is write write write and english is read read read

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Slice of heaven
definitely take into account all of the points these people have given you, as most of them did extremely well
your a champ.what you doin this yr? i think a uai of 99 beats my 86.My family would cry if i got 99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pri
did that actually work well for you do u reckon like listen to the notes again and again coz I heard about that technique but its effectiveness I havent seen until now... Hmm do u increase productiveness if u listen while u sleeep :) zzzzzzz
that's true, sometimes when your not concous, you still consume information when you sleep, look at rem for example, you may study so hard you may talk answers to exam questions in your sleep.If you study hard enough, the syllabus will be automatic to you.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

that's true, sometimes when your not concous, you still consume information when you sleep, look at rem for example, you may study so hard you may talk answers to exam questions in your sleep.If you study hard enough, the syllabus will be automatic to you.
lol, we can actually learn that from Aldous Huxley, Brave New World in English. :rolleyes:

"The Nile is the longest river in africa, although shorter...."
"What's the longest river, Billy?"
"The Nile is the longest river in Africe, although short..."
"But what is the longest river?"
It's good for lots of rote learning that you'll definitely need. :p

AGB

HSC
Re: Re: get current data too

for those who don't understand, like me, what do you mean exactly by 'current context'.What is that?
i think that halba means if u put current information into ur answer, u will be guaranteed top band.....its relating theory to reality

yeh, but i think english is a mixture of reality and bs! I try to analize the craziest details about an article like tone, meaning etc.I think the best english students think logically and briefly on a particular text and accept it for what it actually is, without bullshitting for 10-12 pages

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the best english students think logically and briefly on a particular text and accept it for what it actually is, without bullshitting for 10-12 pages
unfortunately, with the current HSC english syllabus, this type of thinking goes unrewarded

Originally posted by MinAi

unfortunately, with the current HSC english syllabus, this type of thinking goes unrewarded
i think it should be treated like history, you can't change the past, it is what it is so great words and language should go hand in hand with proof and control

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Re: Re: get current data too

which maths? general or mathematics? what rank did you get at your school?
general maths, sorry i should have pointed that out. i came first at my school, but we are a pretty poor school. but i still was pretty happy. it was the one subject i knew i could do well in, i kept up to date, did past papers and it payed off in the end. the general exam was reasonably difficult last year too (only 2.9% got in band compared to 17.8% in advanced) so that made me feel even better about it

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
Oh, and lemme compile a list of things you DON'T do when studying:
9) TYPING all your essays, notes, answers to past papers, etc. You don't get a computer for the final exam.
Ummm... What if u do use a computer for the final exam???? :D

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yes i do believe some people are granted the right to use a computer in exams...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by miguel_fugdey
how do you get that?
One of my friends was granted a computer (supervised of course) because he got a doctor to certify that his handwriting was irremediably awful. I don't know about "irremediably", but it was definitely awful :p.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Halba
Sure study is necessary

But it all comes down to your ability, and how good you are. Maths is the prime example as some people (mostly Asians, sri lankans and indians) have a better maths brain than others.
study helps:D don't matter what race u are tho naturally sometimes it can help but study!

Rahul

Dead Member
its a very common stereotype.

u will be smart if ur asian, i know heaps of asians that are dumb. it seems that the really smart ones are who everyone sees and then the rest are presumed smart.

that is all crap coz at my school many jocks are amongst the smartest and the vast majority of asians are not so smart (sorry guys:D )

D

dragon

aussie people are usually the 'dumber' of the races simply becos they are lazy!

the smart asians and indians strongly put in to their education. And in addition alot of pressure from thier parents.
Education is everything to them...

if the aussie lifestyle was similar to their's, we would easily have the same ability as them.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by dragon
aussie people are usually the 'dumber' of the races simply becos they are lazy!

the smart asians and indians strongly put in to their education. And in addition alot of pressure from thier parents.
Education is everything to them...

if the aussie lifestyle was similar to their's, we would easily have the same ability as them.
both points r correct. the lifestyle is the big difference. aussies arent really dumber, they have different priorities and values and shit lyk dat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)