People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

sif

HSC
Re: ppl who got >90 in subjects how did u study?!?!

Some very good info in here but a question.

For the trials I have written out my notes for each syllabus dot point for my science subjects with no dot point missed and each summarised. The problem is that for most dot points I have an understanding of them but not a very thorough knowledge of them and I'm afraid that when it comes to a high marker (10+), I won't be able to maximise my marks.

So for preparation for the HSC, would it be better if I re-write my notes for each dot point then revise and look over past papers OR should I just read/revise over my notes and study what I have problem understanding/remembering and start on past papers ?

The problem is that re-writing my notes would take sooooo much of my time but just reading over my notes might not be enough to understand or remember what is needed .. any suggestions ?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

Rahul said:
there are exception to the case tho....

there are indians/sri lankans/asians out there that are really good at englishy subjetcs and not so good at maths.
damn right! i suck at maths and science as well as disliking maths with a burning passion, and i'm indian. two of my filo friends also share my mindset
granted, we do get somewhat marginalised from our asian/curry friends when they start talking about stuff that happened in their classes cos its like "huh?" every 10 seconds, but, whatever.

WOOOOOT GO ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *waves flag around like a retard*

HSC

lol

you'll find that indians/srilankans who've grown up here lose the stereotype. me and most of my friends are better at englishes than maths.
that could be a "girl-factor" (sterotype that girls are better at humanities), but it dismisses the "indians are good at maths" stereotype

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

the.chosen.one said:
lol

you'll find that indians/srilankans who've grown up here lose the stereotype. me and most of my friends are better at englishes than maths.
that could be a "girl-factor" (sterotype that girls are better at humanities), but it dismisses the "indians are good at maths" stereotype
*high 5*
yeah.. my classes are predominantly female, with around 20 people and around 5 or less being guys. similarly there's about 20 people around half are asian/curry (depending on the class i guess)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

ahen said:
damn right! i suck at maths and science as well as disliking maths with a burning passion, and i'm indian. two of my filo friends also share my mindset
granted, we do get somewhat marginalised from our asian/curry friends when they start talking about stuff that happened in their classes cos its like "huh?" every 10 seconds, but, whatever.

WOOOOOT GO ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *waves flag around like a retard*
lol x)
i was kinda forced into doing 4u math and physics , being asian and all.
but ah well , only 1 week left of proper studying , then FINALLY , no more bloody classes ! :p

sif

HSC

sif said:

For the trials I have written out my notes for each syllabus dot point for my science subjects with no dot point missed and each summarised. The problem is that for most dot points I have an understanding of them but not a very thorough knowledge of them and I'm afraid that when it comes to a high marker (10+), I won't be able to maximise my marks.

So for preparation for the HSC, would it be better if I re-write my notes for each dot point then revise and look over past papers OR should I just read/revise over my notes and study what I have problem understanding/remembering and start on past papers ?

The problem is that re-writing my notes would take sooooo much of my time but just reading over my notes might not be enough to understand or remember what is needed .. any suggestions ?
Anyone ?

HSC

be asian and take as many mathsy subjects as you can.
seriously, it is retarded how good were at in maths. its stupid.

anyways, dont cram. dont write essays.
get past papers and past response, then read them/type them out, over and over.
scab notes and rote learn quotes and figures.
wikipedia.
relax b4 eng and other writing tests - you'll be writing for 3+ hours.

and stock up on red bull

Danger

HSC

sif said:

im interested to know as well

boris

Banned
HSC

I got 30, does anybody want to hear my study tips?

jordie4

HSC

*just started studying yesterday*

i did the dictaphone for my yearlies and half's last year and i found that didnt help, and typing i just dont take it in :( so i have to write heaps and heaps of pages of things, and then redo and redo and then questions and further questions (esp. in biology and chem)

chem is probably the subject i dont go to well in cause i just break down when it comes to that exam *literally* any hints, help?

thanks

blakegman

HSC
N/A

i didn't study.

kinOyou

HSC

Time to leave my mark on this site. FIRST POST!

lol, I'm not a bad student and come top ten for most of subjects, but i still have no idea wat i wanna do after HSC.. study tips would be nice :D

Grieg

HSC

study is for peasants and public school filth...we dont need to study... u no why there are 9 boxes wen student no. 8? its cos the last box is reserved for US...we get 9 digits...write that in...bam...full marks.... study it up plebs...

ommanipadmehum9

HSC

just wondering countess_kalina, whether you recorded whole sentences, or even essays, or simply key points?

xox

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

thanks a lot! good post

team.red14

HSC

With the past papers/ prac questions...and yr own notes...

for me I would do some questions (in the case oif chem/physics) then modify my notes accordingly to what I left out in the answers..

wat is yr take? how would u study from past papers and study notes ?? (for me I would write them out and highlight key points and write them over and oevr)again...):sleep:

Jacob1991

HSC

well i dunno about any other subjects...
but for maths it's just about practice and latin about remembering :spzz:. These techniques seemed good enough to secure me a 99 in maths and 96 in lat cont
so good luck

Patar

0101 0000
HSC

practise essays and summaries before I hit an unmotivational slump around late Term 2.

after that, MSN chatting with old Mark576 here, and myspace poker. and bikeriding. every day.

dont stress and you'll be fine. go bikeriding a lot. or walk heaps. don't snow yourself under with worry, thats all I can suggest. (See attached UAI) ha

Oh, by the way - a lovely picture and contact details of Mark can be found here.

Last edited:

oly1991

HSC

practise essays and summaries before I hit an unmotivational slump around late Term 2.

after that, MSN chatting with old Mark576 here, and myspace poker. and bikeriding. every day.

dont stress and you'll be fine. go bikeriding a lot. or walk heaps. don't snow yourself under with worry, thats all I can suggest. (See attached UAI) ha

Oh, by the way - a lovely picture and contact details of Mark can be found here.
lol well done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)