People's reactions when you say "I study Psychology" (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
There is a general perception (in my old selective school) that psychology is a waste of time, that it's not really a science and the only thing you can become is a psychologist to troubled teens. But can you become a psychologist without a uni degree? (like TAFE)

philphie

Banned
HSC
There is a general perception (in my old selective school) that psychology is a waste of time, that it's not really a science and the only thing you can become is a psychologist to troubled teens. But can you become a psychologist without a uni degree? (like TAFE)
lol you can become one of those life therapists/doctor

spence

HSC
no you need to do at least 4 years of uni, then 2 years postgrad or supervised experience

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Because it's something you could learn in an afternoon.
how about you go study even a semester of psych and tell me it's so easy, so pathetic, useless? i hate people who think they know all about something they don't study nor have any passion for.

amirite

HSC
how about you go study even a semester of psych and tell me it's so easy, so pathetic, useless? i hate people who think they know all about something they don't study nor have any passion for.
This.

The guy who thinks otherwise is an angry troll. How can you know-all yet be SO ignorant?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you can't really say that because if he did study psych and say got a HD for it, you'd either shut up or say 'ITS JUST YOUR OPINION'

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i've heard it said (and this is not necessarily my personal belief) that Psychologists only become psychologists because they have issues themseves. So maybe thats why - people are wondering what your 'issue" is.

But surely everyone has "issues" of one sort or another, no-one is perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)