Permissions to delete own thread (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
Normal users have permission to delete their own threads. WHY?

terminator69

HSC
- removes content from the site that others may feel is helpful.
- disrupts discussion.
- annoys people who are about to contribute or have contributed.

it's YOUR thread, just like how you have permissions to edit and delete your own posts.
So once someone makes a single post to start a thread, they have ownership to every reply that is posted by other people?

WHY do you [OP] have permission to make this pointless thread?
I have permission because when I created an account on bos I was placed in the default user group which has permissions to create threads, as do subsequent users groups based on post count. lulz.

+1

Lol OP delete this thread!
Oh, you again! My secondary lover.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
So once someone makes a single post to start a thread, they have ownership to every reply that is posted by other people?
correct in a way.

say, for example, i make a shitty thread in the BoS Site Help section, then heaps of ppl make fun of me for being a massive dumbass because i asked a retarded question, i could just delete the thread and it would all be gone :):):)

Sadiah

HSC
correct in a way.

say, for example, i make a shitty thread in the BoS Site Help section, then heaps of ppl make fun of me for being a massive dumbass because i asked a retarded question, i could just delete the thread and it would all be gone :):):)

Yupp, && you can apply this to your own thread if you feel that people are teasing you later on. :D

terminator69

HSC
correct in a way.

In which case you would also be deleting other people's/bos intellectual property and removing a valid discussion from the forum that others may find useful if they are wondering the same thing.

HSC
Uni Grad
If it's that important there are prolly at least another 2 or 3 threads on the same thing.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I think you're really angry on someone who has deleted a thread. The one who creates a thread, has full rights to do anything. And the purpose to delete could be; the thread is not popular, members fighting there or pulling the leg of the op.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)