Peter is Panicking for SC (1 Viewer)

HiHaii

HSC
For the trials and the School Certificate on Maths will there be formulas for us or do we have to memorise them. i.e. area and volumes, sketching, interest etc.

Peter

marts

HSC
For the trials and the School Certificate on Maths will there be formulas for us or do we have to memorise them. i.e. area and volumes, sketching, interest etc.

Peter
Try to chillout if you are stressing now imagine come hsc time. Have a look over some formula if u must but don't go mad

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
most important thing to do for SC: sleep early and eat healthy
thats how easy and unimportant it is

HSC
dude relax, the SC will not make a huge impact on your life so don't worry about SC its nothing, because all of your years of high school will heavily reflect only on the HSC.

and they do provide formulas for the school certificate, so relax. :)

EDIT: you'll just have to memorise them in the trials

HiHaii

HSC
yea the trails are the prominent part this year, but I didn't know you have to memorise the formulas.

thx for all those advice

I'm not dropping out though

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
Get some nuts!! and man up pete!!!

the SC is a piece of Cake. look at the past SC papers to see if they give you the formulas!!!. i really didn't need them, too easy!

jonowang

HSC
dw mate, its the sc. it doesnt count for anything unless you dropping outta school. just calm down and you should get through it

firstneg

HSC
formula sheets for 5.1 maths
wow
i didnt know that we got formula sheets because i dont care
like you shouldn't
go on the m.c. questions on the board of studies if you still question people's opinions on how the s.c. is a joke. you will see the light.

Schoey93

HSC
it's the SC. don't worry about it unless you're dropping out
I hate how you tell him the School Certificate doesn't matter and then study your arse off for the HSC. You're such a hypocrit, like so many people on here. Get this through your skull: NEITHER THE SC OR THE HSC MATTERS> school doesn't matter.

School is just something you do because the government knows about you and would get upset if you didn't go to school. Just do the best that you can do, don't harm yourself by worrying too much about something that is unimportant. :)

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Just do the best that you can do, don't harm yourself by worrying too much about something that is unimportant. :)
yer don't be a shit cunt like the rest of the people who posted in this thread (except schoey)

q3thefish

HSC
DON'T BE SCARED.

Try your best and you should do fine.

It won't impact you much unless you're dropping out - even then it won't count much.

It is extremely doable, so chillax brah.

Last edited:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
lol. don't.

you don't know the meaning of panic yet.

frankly, if you chill a bit you may find that you'll do better than expected because cortisol isn't fucking with your ability to think clearly.

and i don't remember getting a formula sheet for the sc.

Schoey93

HSC
I don't know if anyone has actually answered the poor guy's question yet, including me! Peter, you do NOT have to memorise any formulae EXCEPT for simple formulae:

Pythagoras's Theorem: c^2 = a^2 + b^2
AREA OF PLANE SHAPES:
Square: A^2
Rectangle = LB
Triangle: 1/2 x bh
The formulae for special plane shapes should be included on the FORMULAE SHEET. You should know how to calculate the area of trapeziums, rhobmuses/kites and parallelograms anyway. Have a look at an HSC General Mathematics past paper - it contains all the formulae on the School Certificate Mathematics test Formulae Sheet. But don't worry, the General Maths formulae sheet also contains a few extra formulae.

REMEMBER
You do NOT have to memorise many formulae. You also do not have to know how "simple" formulae are derived. For example, they are never going to ask in a Year 10 test, "Show how the formula for the surface area of a sphere, SA = 4 x pi x r^2 is derived". That's an HSC Mathematics Extension 2 question, of course. :)

Johanist

HSC
I'm pretty sure they don't give you formula's. If you want just look over some of the formula sheet's your teacher has probably given you. All in all the School Cert is something that in the future you will come to understand how much of a waste of time it was.

EvoRevolution

HSC
r u fuking serious man, grow some balls, its only the SC no gives a shit.
Plus the sc is being dropped anyway so its a complete waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)