Pharmacy @ USYD, cutoff? (1 Viewer)

44Ronin

HSC
hctaha said:
We can only hope so lol .... i got in but i was on the lower uai end of the scale but my friend got a higher uai but lower stat score so hopefully ill do ok .. and if i dont ill transfer to another course to protect the sick people hehe
I don't think you should worry so much about what you got in STAT or UAI....remember - neither of them are a clear indication of how well you will go in Pharmacy - the UAI really is a collection of results in disparate subjects being number crunched and spat out, where some subjects are favoured to others. The STAT test, likewise isn't going to indicate any of your potential towards a degree in pharmacy.

What I think is most important is attitude and passion towards the subjects of your study. Most people will be on a level playing field when first year starts.

And, yeah I'm attending USYD in 2008, albeit in BA/BEd, I am following my dream. Good luck with yours :)!

Also, I'd just add in that there are ample resources to refine and hone your academic skills at university. I recommend taking a unit of academic writing to absolutely everyone!

Last edited:

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
44Ronin said:
I don't think you should worry so much about what you got in STAT or UAI....remember - neither of them are a clear indication of how well you will go in Pharmacy - the UAI really is a collection of results in disparate subjects being number crunched and spat out, where some subjects are favoured to others. The STAT test, likewise isn't going to indicate any of your potential towards a degree in pharmacy.

What I think is most important is attitude and passion towards the subjects of your study. Most people will be on a level playing field when first year starts.

And, yeah I'm attending USYD in 2008, albeit in BA/BEd, I am following my dream. Good luck with yours :)!

Also, I'd just add in that there are ample resources to refine and hone your academic skills at university. I recommend taking a unit of academic writing to absolutely everyone!
YAY thats exactly what i needed to hear :) i kept thinking omg its bad everyone got a higher uai than me but now i feel better about it :eek: ... thanx

and good luck with your dream !!!!

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
anonymus2003 said:
so how many seats are there for B Pharmacy this year?, i think it was 200 for B pharm + 100 odd for Pharmacy(rural) from previous years...= 300 places?
The scheduled intake for B. Pharm for 2008 is:

199 Commonwealth Sponsored Places
30 Domestic Fee-paying Places
30 International admission Places
259 Total places.

44Ronin

HSC
sydneyphoenix said:

259 Total places.
Any chance you have info for B.Arts(humanities and social sciences)/ B.Ed?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
sydneyphoenix said:

259 Total places.
werent there more CSP places for 07 entrance ?

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
i think 07 was bout 160 CSP places 40DFEE and no idea bout international:S, overall i think that the UAI and STAT are just arbitary numbers that show no resemblance to academic performance at university, i have seen people with uais of 100 that have failed a lot of first year subjects, whether it be medicine, pharmacy or med science. so if u made it to pharmacy consider urself deemed "good enuf to succeed" by the uni.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
my family friends 2 of them got a 100 (were not talking bout the same HSC year) and one wit 99.60 2 did med failed Anatomy and Histology, and another did medical science coz he didnt make it in he failed biochemistry. I know because the dude that failed biochem showed me usyd and he showed me his results too to show how it works etc..myuni resouces and stuff. Thats why a uai is not necessarily a genuine indicator of academic calibur, its just your efforts if ur prepared to double even tripple ur efforts for university i dont see how u cant beat someone who got a 100 uai previously.

Last edited:

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
wow 93... it went down heaps...

I guess its kind of good cuz a friend of mine really wanted pharmacy but was disheartened because of her UAI.

She was prepared to do the whole med sci > master of pharmacy fiasco...and viola... I just found out from a friend that she made it!

lolz i like that kid who called UAC to complain about his STAT... got us the damn cutoff :D

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hey guys on enrolment day if i wanted to defer my student contribution coz im taking HECS other than that, what costs am i looking at?

btw hctaha you mentioned in another post that u didnt know any of us face to face, how bout all us pharmo kids met up at usyd?

Last edited:

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
On the day, apart from HECS forms to fill out (bring your Tax File Number), you require just the money to pay for student union/SRC should you wish to join. I forgot how much it is to join, but student union cost $99 last year.
Though you don't have to worry about it now, the textbook will cost around $500 per semester.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
44Ronin said:
Any chance you have info for B.Arts(humanities and social sciences)/ B.Ed?
Sorry mate. Only know stuff for faculties of Science, Pharmacy, and Medicine.
But I suggest you go and dig around in relevant department pages, the data are usually hidden in some obscure links.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
LOL..hahaz..i suppose theyre not the serious ones then hahaz, thanks for all the advice sydneyphoenix, i suppose all pharmacy kids shud meet up and get to know each other:S, duno how many people wana do it tho

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
i suppose all pharmacy kids shud meet up and get to know each other:S, duno how many people wana do it tho
i agree ... but when??? ... do all pharmacy students have their first lesson on the first day of uni/on the same day ... and would it be way too hectic then? :S

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
There are often two or three different streams for lectures-and possibly more streams for pracs.
As for myself, depending on how my credit transfer application plays out, I may have really loose 1st year and hopefully one or two subjects off 2nd year as well.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hmm well till we can decide a day i suppose we shud have each odas msn addyz? hows that:S..pm me ur msn ill add ya and i suppose we can get to know people better since im going to go overseas in like 13 days lol so if people wana meet up either we do it before that...or we stay in touch over msn for now n decide later on once uni starts

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
485h324s said:
what units are u guys doing
Who frigin knows :( ... i've looked on the handbook and the only one in first year you can choose an alternative is biology.... is that right?

confused...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)