Pharmacy @ USYD, cutoff? (1 Viewer)

485h324s

HSC
N/A
i read that u need to do 192 units during the course, 192/4 = 36 right?, 36 units a year? thats what im assuming

so hard

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
usyd is so slow with their enrolment procedure, some of my friends already making timetables and have had their doubts cleared over the fone, i tried to call up usyd but they seem to love making people wait for many hours and never answer:(. btw the university which already has had timetabling etc done is macquarie.

why is pharmacy so loaded with CPz?, a friend of mine is doing a combined comerce/law degree and only has to bear 14CPz a semester, how does this work? i thought combined degrees mean u have to spend more time since ur doing dual degrees at the same time?:s confused...

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
485h324s said:
i read that u need to do 192 units during the course, 192/4 = 36 right?, 36 units a year? thats what im assuming

so hard
Failed maths? Head to USYD Pharmacy!

192/4 = 48.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
why is pharmacy so loaded with CPz?, a friend of mine is doing a combined comerce/law degree and only has to bear 14CPz a semester, how does this work? i thought combined degrees mean u have to spend more time since ur doing dual degrees at the same time?:s confused...
All Usyd degrees have 24cp per semester standard. At other universities 1cp means a different amount of work, so you can't compare credit point values between unis.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
yeah i failed maths, got low band 6 . failed hard no sarcasm

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Triangulum said:
All Usyd degrees have 24cp per semester standard. At other universities 1cp means a different amount of work, so you can't compare credit point values between unis.
ohk i see, thanks for clearing that up for me, no wonder he kept going 1cp = 1hour im like wtf where did u get that from lolz.

btw in terms of courses at Usyd only and i stress that, is 24cps a lot of workload?, how would u compare that say with year 12?.

485h324s: u needa do 192cps for the course and its 4 years so per year its 48cps, but each year has 2 semesters so 48/2 = 24 cps so per semester ur lookin at bout 24cps, or bout 4 subjects each 6cps. hahaz as for ur maths, damn low band 6 u beat me LOL hahaz if u failed then i failed worse lolz

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Depends largely on the course. Commerce is 12 contact hours/pw, while a friend doing science last year had in excess of 30.

And nothing will be easier than/as easy as year 12, I'm fairly sure that's a guarantee.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
then we dont choose anything right? cause in the pharm handbook theres only 24cp worth of subjects

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
485h324s said:
then we dont choose anything right? cause in the pharm handbook theres only 24cp worth of subjects
I'm still confused but i think we only choose what bio we do in first semester ... wether its 'Concepts in Biology' or 'Biology- Ecosystems to Genes'... i hope.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
im not sure where u saw Concepts of bio and Ecosystems etc please make sure you guys have the 08' version of the handbook, if you do have the 08 could you please tell me where u saw "Concepts of Biology" and "Ecosystems and Genes"
This year the curriculum has changed, to my knowledge there is no Ecosystems/Concepts of Biology, i spoke to a friend who is doing pharmacy second year this year, mentioned that the course has been made more specific to pharmacy, and that they have eliminated the choice of the two different branches of biology, also last year Human Biology was taught in second semester but now its in the first semester, Im thinking this is how the lineup will be, possibly for everyone so no choosing by my logic:S

BIOL1003 - Human Biology (6CP)
CHEM1611 - Chemistry A (Pharmacy) (6CP)
PHAR1811 - Foundations of Pharmacy (6CP)
PHAR1812 - Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences (6CP)

Total = 24CP

Last edited:

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
Pharmacy Faculty Handbook 2007

Online handbooksStudent handbook (PDF version, 2008)MS Word version (for screen readers)Online handbook updates no updates for 2008 handbook

.... thats from the handbook website and when i click on the MS Word Version it takes me to a link where i only get to pick out of the handbooks from 1995 to 2007 ..... what a pain in the ass ... how are we supposed to know what units we want to do by tommorow

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hctaha said:
Pharmacy Faculty Handbook 2007

Online handbooksStudent handbook (PDF version, 2008)MS Word version (for screen readers)Online handbook updates no updates for 2008 handbook

.... thats from the handbook website and when i click on the MS Word Version it takes me to a link where i only get to pick out of the handbooks from 1995 to 2007 ..... what a pain in the ass ... how are we supposed to know what units we want to do by tommorow
hctaha pm me ur msn addy ill send u a PDF version of the latest handbook.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
ARGH ... now i see the frigin difference ... i now think the MS thingy is different (i think because it directs you to the webpage with only the 2007 one) from the PDF one ... YAYAYAYAY its really great if you can't access the pdf one

Sorry for the massive bumsteer...

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
hctaha pm me ur msn addy ill send u a PDF version of the latest handbook.
haha sorry ... i am now sorted :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)