• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pho!(Vietnamese noodle soup) (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Um, excuse me but what is Pho? There are far too may pages praising it in this thread for me to read them all to find an answer, lol.
Someone?
You don't deserve to know if you can't be fucked to read.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Actually, I read quite a few pages, but as I said, they all just seem to be praising it, as everyone seems to already know what it is.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
rofl pho is probably the most famous vietnamese dish- it typically includes noodles served in a soup boiled with Col. Nguyen's 11 secret herbs and spices and various meats- personally my favourite is "pho dac biet" which is the noodles with a combination of different meats, including tripe- i know some people are turned off the idea of eating cow's stomach and spinal cord but trust me it's aweeeeesome!

but then again i have a taste for the quirky, my other favourite soup based dish is the korean "soondaeguk" which is a beef based stew with pork intestine sausages with buckwheat noodle filling :)

everyone join the facebook group "bitch i love pho, pho sho"!

Zephyrio

HSC
Pho is really nice, and light.

My favourite is pho dac biet, because they have silverside, which has got some oil on it. That's my favourite.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
I haven't had Pho in like half a year and I don't plan to ever eat it again (well maybe when I go to Vietnam coz it's like 50c and tastes better).
it is very cheap and very good in vietnam. i was in saigon at this restaurant where alot of uni students go to, i cannot remember the name, i wish i did though because i would definately recommend it to you, you will not find a better pho ANYWHERE in the world. i went throughout all of vietnam saigon, dalat, nha trang, hoi an, hue and hanoi and didn't find anything close in comparison to it. from memory that restaurant was near a big market if you know it.

and pho bo ftw! with extra extra chilli paste. :D

CieL

HSC
icraig88 said:
and pho bo ftw! with extra extra chilli paste. :D
What's the "bo" in pho bo?

Yeah!! Extra chilli paste, chilli oil, and satay sauce!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
inasero said:
rofl pho is probably the most famous vietnamese dish- it typically includes noodles served in a soup boiled with Col. Nguyen's 11 secret herbs and spices and various meats- personally my favourite is "pho dac biet" which is the noodles with a combination of different meats, including tripe- i know some people are turned off the idea of eating cow's stomach and spinal cord but trust me it's aweeeeesome!

but then again i have a taste for the quirky, my other favourite soup based dish is the korean "soondaeguk" which is a beef based stew with pork intestine sausages with buckwheat noodle filling :)
sorry but.. *is shuddering furiously at the thought*

HSC
CieL said:
What's the "bo" in pho bo?

Yeah!! Extra chilli paste, chilli oil, and satay sauce!

LOLS .. Bo = cow..

thanks to the persoon who corrected my viet -_-"

mhhh.. u know POrk rolls are AWESOME!! *YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

inasero

Reborn
HSC
agreed there

pity there's no good rolls in my area, and it costs $3.60 or $3.70 for a special pork roll

back in melbourne they were so much better and only cost $2.80

CieL

HSC
Pork rolls are awesome in Cabra.
I like that shop opposite Cabra Stn.
omg that duck liver paste.... can't think of the name of that paste atm... but fuck it's yum

So Pho Bo just means the same as the beef stock Pho right?
I hear there's a Pho which has a chicken soup base.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
CieL said:
So Pho Bo just means the same as the beef stock Pho right?
I hear there's a Pho which has a chicken soup base.
pho bo is beef noodle soup.. its actually got slices of beef, not just beef stock. its very very good.

CieL

HSC
icraig88 said:
pho bo is beef noodle soup.. its actually got slices of beef, not just beef stock. its very very good.
Yeah I know.
Used to eat Pho at least once a week at Cabra.

Just that I've never heard anyone say 'bo' after it..
Not being viet doesn't help.

sasa-o8

HSC
I'm a 17 year old Asian and only had my first bowl of pho a few weeks ago. Sorry guys, but I find it weird tasting.

CieL

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
I'm a 17 year old Asian and only had my first bowl of pho a few weeks ago. Sorry guys, but I find it weird tasting.
You might not like the "star anus" [star anise] taste..... Pho tends to have a strongish herbal flavour.

Either that or you had some shit pho.

PewPew.

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
Just GTFO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)