Photo storage when travelling.. (1 Viewer)

Sabbo

HSC
cro_angel said:
Have we got the same friend?
hehehehe
I'll look into it.. by having an actual brand it is easier to find similar products.
Cheers!
Who knows. Haha
Just found the website the person from the original site gave me when I wrote them if there is an Australian Distributor (didn't buy it from there but).

http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au

If you look at the one without a Harddrive in it's AUD $115...you could then buy a laptop harddrive (if 40gb seems like an overkill) and put it in (i don't think it's too complicated).
I've got a 5mp Camera and took around 4.5 gig worth of Photos and Videos. Had a 512mb, 128mb and 16mb card with me and the X's Drive which we shared.

Only negative point i could find would be (but that's the case with all of these anyway). If it breaks the pics are probably gone so it would be a good idea to backup some of the good shots from time to time (if you're paranoid like me hehe).

Overall I have just praise for this device :)

go_swans said:
that looks rad. prices?
https://secure3.ozhosting.com/powermarket/pm_stores/PINStore/client/goodslist.asp?category=88

The site we bought it from doesn't have it anymore. Haven't seen it in shops either.

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
In some countries you can put photos on to CD quite cheaply ...

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
McLake said:
In some countries you can put photos on to CD quite cheaply ...
i know this thread is old but i just had to add:

there are net cafes EVERYWHERE now. just pay a few dollars to get them burnt onto a CD or 2 for you. if you get two copies you could post one copy back home and keep another one in your bag.. cheap, small, easy.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My sister (in UK) has a 512 and when she fills it up she just goes to the photo shop and gets them transferred to CD-R for a few dollars... maybe that solution might work for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)