Physical Journey: Unexpected Detours (1 Viewer)

Maddy1012

HSC
morganforrest said:
Because as an 08'er who's only just started the unit you are obviously well versed in the matter

hahaha... OWNED!

.Opinionated.

HSC
Buiboi said:
YESSS!! i thought os...unexpcted detours = obstacles...right right?
yep it could have been obstacles, challenges, events etc etc all pretty much d same thing

i wrote 12 pages dats how much i feel in luv wid da questionnn it wass sooo easyy... :D

HSC
eppingMCE said:
Yep i noticed it, once it was reading time i went straight for the questions to find the "HOWS" and i was confused about how come there was no HOWS, so i was abit stuffed. but i put in techniques requardless coz they usally focus on technqies in marking criteria
No, not for last year. So they probably won't do it again this year.

kuroneko

HSC
I have to address the 'unexpected detours' question in a couple of days and can't use any prescribed stimulus or other types of related material, I used them up on 'the journey matters' and 'interpretation of the new'.

I can use non-literary related material like magazine articles, letters to the editor, images etc. Anybody know anything I could use?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Re: kuroneko, Most texts will have some form of 'unexpected detour' if you can argue it well enough.

Anyway this question provided the perfect basis for students to apply a more metaphoric interpretation:

ie As physical journeys are based in reality, the unforseen obstacles can permanently change our worldview. Due to its impact on the material realm we can see how the tangible nature of physical voyages coupled with intangible detours (such as emotional, spiritual and societal hardships) both contribute to our higher understanding of the journeying concept.

williamc

HSC
Bobness said:
ie As physical journeys are based in reality, the unforseen obstacles can permanently change our worldview. Due to its impact on the material realm we can see how the tangible nature of physical voyages coupled with intangible detours (such as emotional, spiritual and societal hardships) both contribute to our higher understanding of the journeying concept.
that makes as much sense as:

ahfakjghsekljghbselghwo;itj2lkjglky2h4;/knmh32;hm;kja/lajbvgklsjaglk sli Sjb;lis gh;o pig hl;h gslkg h39 408u3 goi3glkhnlj3hg 3hg lk ngoih 3oi;tgh 3oui hgoghs ouwh gouh o4 hwig hjaOG

kk.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
that makes as much sense as:

ahfakjghsekljghbselghwo;itj2lkjglky2h4;/knmh32;hm;kja/lajbvgklsjaglk sli Sjb;lis gh;o pig hl;h gslkg h39 408u3 goi3glkhnlj3hg 3hg lk ngoih 3oi;tgh 3oui hgoghs ouwh gouh o4 hwig hjaOG

kk.
Don't be cut that you failed the hsc then?

It's not the only way of taking it, so there's no reason to be so hyperbolic lad.

This is the laymen's version: physical journeys are physical. Therefore any detours that occur on the way will have the most impact on us as they are happening in reality. By looking at both the cause and effect, it is seen that journeys and learning are complex concepts.

Ball's in your court, hansel.

williamc

HSC
Bobness said:
Don't be cut that you failed the hsc then?

It's not the only way of taking it, so there's no reason to be so hyperbolic lad.

This is the laymen's version: physical journeys are physical. Therefore any detours that occur on the way will have the most impact on us as they are happening in reality. By looking at both the cause and effect, it is seen that journeys and learning are complex concepts.

Ball's in your court, hansel.
yer when i fail hsc english im gonna pm you and ask for your tutoring k.

im pointing out that most of the people here wouldnt have a clue what you just said. by putting it in laymen's terms i, now along with the people that read this thread from now on will have a fucking clue what you were on about.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
yer when i fail hsc english im gonna pm you and ask for your tutoring k.

im pointing out that most of the people here wouldnt have a clue what you just said. by putting it in laymen's terms i, now along with the people that read this thread from now on will have a fucking clue what you were on about.
So you use sarcasm as a defence of your forthright stance? I never assumed to know everything: i presented a point of interpretation but you were the one who initiated the vitriolic gestures.

Anywho i posted in this thread as this is the 'exam thoughts' for the 2007 hsc. I don't think there is any other forum of discussion more advanced than this (as the hsc is the final destination) so that is why i chose to express myself here. It would be a bit self-indulgent to start a new thread to state my views correct?

Anyway I'm glad you have "a fucking clue" now and best wishes with your own hsc results. :santa:

williamc

HSC
Bobness said:
So you use sarcasm as a defence of your forthright stance? I never assumed to know everything: i presented a point of interpretation but you were the one who initiated the vitriolic gestures.

Anywho i posted in this thread as this is the 'exam thoughts' for the 2007 hsc. I don't think there is any other forum of discussion more advanced than this (as the hsc is the final destination) so that is why i chose to express myself here. It would be a bit self-indulgent to start a new thread to state my views correct?

Anyway I'm glad you have "a fucking clue" now and best wishes with your own hsc results. :santa:
im not flaming you, im giving you advice. your advice/hint/empirical observation was barely readable to me, let alone the average HSC'er. (not that im a god or anything)

thanks for your wishes.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
im not flaming you, im giving you advice. your advice/hint/empirical observation was barely readable to me, let alone the average HSC'er. (not that im a god or anything)

thanks for your wishes.
Ok. Friends :eek:

irinni

HSC
noir. said:
oh hi historykidd :eek:

I personally thought the question itself was bad. The text i studied didn't work very well... Imaginative journeys people had it easier.

im only in year 11 but i thought skrzynecki's crossing the red sea worked great..... i had to do a practise essay on it and talked about emotional detours reflected in the traveller's attitudes/imagery that were caused by the physical detour from their country of origin... maybe i just dont know what im talking about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)